Ezio is bleeding :(
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

aracanid
Snake Mite

8 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2010 :  18:04:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey there, my poor little Royal Ezio seems to be bleeding however it isn't rubbing off onto any surfaces or anything so I have assumed that its underneath his scales, and not a cut because I cannot see one as of yet. He is only after having his eyes turn clear again after being 'in blue' and so I would like to know if it is possible for a snake to bleed during shedding? Its coming from the underneath of him, right in the middle of his body. Any help at all would be nice, cheers,

Justin

MissCat
Fully Grown Royal

1971 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2010 :  18:10:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is it possible he's caught a scale on something? Can you post a picture?
Go to Top of Page

Welly
Yearling

United Kingdom
423 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2010 :  18:10:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is it in the middle of his body or from his cloaca?

0.1.0 Royal Python
0.0.1 Mexican Black King
1.0.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa
Go to Top of Page

boze
Yearling

United Kingdom
408 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2010 :  18:12:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Where from? Did you just find blood somewhere? Some times theres a tiny bit of blood on sals shed when shes done...

Can you post a couple of clear pictures? Its really hard to know for sure without pics :-)

D

0.1.0. Royal (Salmissra)
0.0.1. Western Hognose (Spiderman)

quote:
Originally posted by ruxpin64
I'm so happy I may lay on my back and pee in the air like a baby!

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2010 :  18:14:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I've heard it's normal for them to pass a little blood from the vent while shedding, though haven't seen it yet during my royal's shed. Could it be that this happened and the blood got smeared on his middle?

Hopefully there will be someone along soon who is more experienced. All the best.

Go to Top of Page

aracanid
Snake Mite

8 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2010 :  18:28:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay, I just spend a good bit longer looking at him and it seems some blood has rubbed off lower down him, but the bit in the middle almost looks like a bruise, and the scales are sitting at an angle. Heres some picture, abeit on a poor quality camera, sorry :( Im kinda worried now...

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb290/aracanid/SAM_1392.jpg
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb290/aracanid/SAM_1397.jpg

Go to Top of Page

MissCat
Fully Grown Royal

1971 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2010 :  18:34:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have you tried gently bathing it to get rid of any blood off of teh outside...you might be able to see where its coming from.
Go to Top of Page

aracanid
Snake Mite

8 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2010 :  18:35:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I actually heating up the water to do just that right now :) I was hoping it would make him feel better, Im very afraid that he may be in pain is all, which I really dont want. I dont think its a burn, it really doesnt look like one
Go to Top of Page

MissCat
Fully Grown Royal

1971 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2010 :  18:39:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
doesn't look like a burn, looks to me like he's caught the scales on something
Go to Top of Page

aracanid
Snake Mite

8 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2010 :  18:41:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay, thats good. Thanks alot guys! Ill bath him and then ill update you if I find out anymore information. Thanks again for your help :)
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2010 :  19:18:21  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Its quite common for a small spot of blood during the shedding process, but that looks like quite a lot. As MC says, you'll be able to see better once you get it washed.

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2010 :  21:37:55  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Looks a bit nasty, hope Ezio is okay :)

Goodluck with finding it out, im sure he'll be fine, looks like a tough little bugger ^^

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/
Go to Top of Page

aracanid
Snake Mite

8 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2010 :  22:53:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well he got a bath, it didnt seem to remove much blood, so I have assumed that the blood is under the scales. On the plus side, he really enjoyed the bath. Ill let you know if I figure it out
Go to Top of Page

Snecklifter
Yearling

United Kingdom
144 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2010 :  12:33:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh poor Ezio! I hope it gets better soon.

0.0.1 Royal 'Trowzer'
Go to Top of Page

heaton177
Yearling

204 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2010 :  17:36:41  Show Profile  Click to see heaton177's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
poor ezio, hope hes alright.

would it be worth trying to put sudocrem on it to see if it works?
i would wait to see if any of the more exprierenced snake owners agree befor you try, as i mite be wrong.

but i dont ave a clue in the problem.
hope he gets well soon
Go to Top of Page

mischang
Yearling

United Kingdom
482 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2010 :  20:57:05  Show Profile  Click to see mischang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
he may of got some shed stuck and just kept bubbing ,i'd put him on line ing paper in viv so u can see if he is losing blood or is it undernether scales if that makes sense

Go to Top of Page

aracanid
Snake Mite

8 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2010 :  19:02:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okie dokie guys, I picked him up today to see how is was after his bath, and the whole "bruised" look that he had is now gone, all that remains is some patches of dried blood close to the bottom of a few scales in that area, so I think he had just caught his scales on something... Im now in the process of removing whatever may have caused it(once I figure that out) Thanks again for the reassurance :)
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2010 :  21:48:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, that's good to hear - I'm going to check on my vivs too, just in case. All the best for the future!

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2010 :  22:10:51  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Good to hear it's nothing too serious :)

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2010 :  08:10:04  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Very odd, but good news.

Go to Top of Page

heaton177
Yearling

204 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2010 :  11:19:21  Show Profile  Click to see heaton177's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
good news. you have any idea what caused this yet?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000