Poor old Bob
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2010 :  21:17:47  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Anyone from here try to pick up a cheap American Snake today then?

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2010 :  21:44:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
????

Can you elaborate?

Go to Top of Page

mischang
Yearling

United Kingdom
482 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2010 :  21:50:35  Show Profile  Click to see mischang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
yes plz do ????????

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2010 :  06:58:55  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The annual circus of Bob Clark bringing a shipment of snakes over from the US, they're usually very cheap and something usually goes wrong.

He usually goes to Essex and people from over the country drive to collect their snakes. So yesterday lots of people make the journey only to find out that when they got their, he wasn't. Turns out he got held in customs for under declaring the value of his shipment and hence tax payable. So anyone who ordered from him will have to go back today once the word is given that he's through customs.

Not so bad if you live in Essex, bit of a pain if you're in Birmingham, or Manchester or Scotland!

They are cheap if you want to risk it, for a snake that most likely will be a live feeder and stressed to hell having been flown over the world and stopped in customs etc. And what happens if there's a problem once he's back in the states, going to pop over to have a word?

Solution - buy British

Go to Top of Page

mischang
Yearling

United Kingdom
482 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2010 :  08:54:59  Show Profile  Click to see mischang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hmmmmmmmmmmm always good to hear info like that , better safe than sorry

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2010 :  14:11:42  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
It was either last year or the year before that he was handing his snakes over in an Asda car park before being asked to leave and people had to follow him round until he could find somewhere where he could do his deal. Whenever I think of that I hear Benny Hill music

Having said all that, others have had good experiences and as I said, he does tend to be cheaper than the UK market.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2010 :  14:53:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ummm well I know I'm a complete novice, but that is no way to deal in snakes in my humble opinion ...

Go to Top of Page

hodgie
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1197 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2010 :  22:11:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A totally useless salesman in my opinion, makes little to no effort in replying to questions on what he has available. I watch the uk market all the time and the lower end morphs seem to be a £100 cheaper than last year and thats from uk dealers.
Time to go shopping soon i think.

Royals owned "lots"

Edited by - hodgie on 10/09/2010 22:11:40
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2010 :  08:09:36  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Update. The snakes were dropped off at the reptile reserve at Cold Blooded in Essex where people will be able to collect them from. Will Bob be there to explain, apologise and compensate his customers? - Nah, he's off to Germany.

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2010 :  10:43:20  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Sounds like Bob sucks ...

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/
Go to Top of Page

boze
Yearling

United Kingdom
408 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2010 :  10:47:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just cant imagine not going to a breeders house, seeing the clutch, seeing the parents, seeing the feeding records and chatting to the breeder about snakes, life and the rest over a cup of tea before choosing the right snake for me...

D

0.1.0. Royal (Salmissra)
0.0.1. Western Hognose (Spiderman)

quote:
Originally posted by ruxpin64
I'm so happy I may lay on my back and pee in the air like a baby!

Go to Top of Page

nok1888
Yearling

United Kingdom
314 Posts

Posted - 23/09/2010 :  01:59:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kelfezond

Sounds like Bob sucks ...

+1

0.1.0 Royal Normal - Orlina Bodhi Lobsang
1.0.0 Royal Normal - Sedrick Rinzen Sonam
2.0.0 Cats 18 y/o - Monty, kitten - Dodger
2.0.0 Border Collie's 7 y/o - Jinky, 2 y/o - Chance
0.0.5 Goldfish - Haggis, Pookie, Oddball, Spongebob and Slimey (kids eh lol)
Strange creature, unknown species, wife likes to call it "teenage daughter"

Go to Top of Page

karl
Fully Grown Royal

1069 Posts

Posted - 25/09/2010 :  10:56:42  Show Profile  Visit karl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You missed the fact that Royals as little as 30g were sold, an 11G!!! retic was sold. Nevermind the huge list of people with snakes with RIs.

I'm not one for the "buy british" *****, but his practices are a bit too far.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000