weight loss
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Aaronjg
Hatchling

United Kingdom
97 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2010 :  14:05:33  Show Profile  Visit Aaronjg's Homepage  Click to see Aaronjg's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hi ive got a two year old royal male and ive ad him for going on 4 weeks now he hasnt feed for me yet but i weighed him 2 weeks ago and he was 580grams now he his 455gram shud i be worring?

~AJG~

0.1.0 Corn Snake - Crystal

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2010 :  14:13:22  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
That is a huge loss for two weeks. Has he pooed in that time?

Are you 100% certain on the weights?

Go to Top of Page

Aaronjg
Hatchling

United Kingdom
97 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2010 :  14:27:55  Show Profile  Visit Aaronjg's Homepage  Click to see Aaronjg's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
no poo and 90% sure but i weighed him a week ago today and he was 445grams so im going to get another set of scales to be sure tho any adice on feeding tips many thanks aj

~AJG~

Go to Top of Page

mischang
Yearling

United Kingdom
482 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2010 :  19:46:02  Show Profile  Click to see mischang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
u may need to check for worms as well if there the weights

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2010 :  21:13:12  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Its only been 2 weeks, do you know what it was eating before you got it and how often?

Go to Top of Page

hodgie
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1197 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2010 :  22:14:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are yo sure your wieghing was correct?

Royals owned "lots"

Go to Top of Page

Aaronjg
Hatchling

United Kingdom
97 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2010 :  00:21:21  Show Profile  Visit Aaronjg's Homepage  Click to see Aaronjg's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
he was eating weaner rats once a week and the scales are audio so quite accurate to the gram tbh but ill double check again nd how do i check for worms?

~AJG~

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2010 :  08:11:16  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Fecal sample to the vets for parasites.

I really think the most likely cause is that one of your weighing was incorrect somehow, try again next week.

Go to Top of Page

Aaronjg
Hatchling

United Kingdom
97 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2010 :  11:15:34  Show Profile  Visit Aaronjg's Homepage  Click to see Aaronjg's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
kk thanks any advice on feeding ive tried brainin natural defrosting then heatin up with hair dryer defrosting in hot water and leaving it in over night but he jus turns his nose up at it

~AJG~

Go to Top of Page

hodgie
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1197 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2010 :  20:01:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Aaronjg

kk thanks any advice on feeding ive tried brainin natural defrosting then heatin up with hair dryer defrosting in hot water and leaving it in over night but he jus turns his nose up at it

They will always give feeding a break but that wieght loss was quite dramatic if it was correct.

Royals owned "lots"

Go to Top of Page

Aaronjg
Hatchling

United Kingdom
97 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2010 :  23:31:09  Show Profile  Visit Aaronjg's Homepage  Click to see Aaronjg's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
thats wot i thought my bro is takin him back to the bloke who sold it me for him to check it out tomoz but he seems ok no baggy skin or anythin

~AJG~

Go to Top of Page

Robert
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
957 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2010 :  18:10:02  Show Profile  Visit Robert's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That seems a big weight loss but maybe your scales a are wrong weigh again in a week and check

Go to Top of Page

Aaronjg
Hatchling

United Kingdom
97 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2010 :  21:05:22  Show Profile  Visit Aaronjg's Homepage  Click to see Aaronjg's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
well my bro took him today and the bloke said they was feeding him every 3 weeks so im not so worried cos this uwd have been the 3rd week also the weight loss wud have been from the rat he ate 3 days before i got him so i feel ok about it but he`s keeping hold of him to make sure he eats sumthin

~AJG~

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2010 :  21:59:10  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Every 3 weeks is a bit infrequent, I'd be feeding weekly at that weight myself.

Go to Top of Page

Aaronjg
Hatchling

United Kingdom
97 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2010 :  23:34:08  Show Profile  Visit Aaronjg's Homepage  Click to see Aaronjg's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
well i thought about trying it every 2 weeks bringing it down gradually and he actually told me giv it 2 weaner rats at a time when feeding it. ill post a pic of him when i get him back to show you a size comparison :)

~AJG~

Go to Top of Page

Aaronjg
Hatchling

United Kingdom
97 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2010 :  23:32:47  Show Profile  Visit Aaronjg's Homepage  Click to see Aaronjg's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i got Anubis back today and he has ate a large mouse and a weaner rat so im happy about that so im gonna try him again on 3rd october see if he take at least one weaner rat

~AJG~

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 15/09/2010 :  06:35:46  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Good luck, and if he doesn't take, weigh him again.

Go to Top of Page

Aaronjg
Hatchling

United Kingdom
97 Posts

Posted - 15/09/2010 :  23:42:41  Show Profile  Visit Aaronjg's Homepage  Click to see Aaronjg's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
kk thankyou nd i will weigh him monthly

~AJG~

Go to Top of Page

Aaronjg
Hatchling

United Kingdom
97 Posts

Posted - 18/09/2010 :  23:37:34  Show Profile  Visit Aaronjg's Homepage  Click to see Aaronjg's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i have weighed him today and he is 520grams so im gonna weigh him weekly until his next feed

~AJG~

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000