Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

crazysnakeman
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
20 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2010 :  09:41:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Heya,

I've just gone and bought new thermostats to control the heat mats in my royal and corn tanks, a bit of a big investment! They were all on a dimmer switch, so I could manually turn the heat up/down accordingly, however, like I said, I now have proper thermostats!

My question is, the sensor for the thermostats, do you place it slightly above a heat mat? or directly on top of it? As in, if you wanted 33 degrees Celsius at one end of the tank, do you put the sensor on top of the heat mat and set it to 33?

Cheers,
Josh

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2010 :  10:01:01  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Are the heatmats under the tank?

Put the probe on the floor of the hot end along with a digital thermometer probe and then adjust the thermostat until you get the correct temperature on the thermometer reading.

Go to Top of Page

crazysnakeman
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
20 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2010 :  15:43:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They are in glass vivs, heat matt under the glass, bark chips as a substrate - shall i just rubber band the two probes for the thermometer and stat together and lie them on top of the substrate?

Cheers,
Josh
Go to Top of Page

UncleNos
Hatchling

United Kingdom
78 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2010 :  02:19:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've got mine taped to the heat mat on the outside and use a digital thermometer buried in the substrate at the hot end to set the temperature from.
So the setting on the thermostat is a couple of degrees more than the recorded temp in the viv/rub.
Seems to work for me!!!

1.2.0 Normal Royals. Rafiki, Zazu, Timone
1.1.0 Het Pied Royals. Pumba,Sally
1.0.0 Orange Ghost Buster
1.0.0 Pastel (Het pied) Nygma
0.1.0 Spider
2.4.2 corns. Medusa,Sparkles,Dorito,Sssam, Dave, Chilli, Pepper, Princesss Annie.
1.0.0 Red tail catfish. Morph----R.I.P. you'll be missed
7.2.0 Cats. M.I.B,Picasso,Merc,Dealy,Storm,Gokoo,Chaos,Stitch,Peanuts.
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2010 :  09:17:32  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by crazysnakeman

They are in glass vivs, heat matt under the glass, bark chips as a substrate - shall i just rubber band the two probes for the thermometer and stat together and lie them on top of the substrate?

Cheers,
Josh

Sounds like a plan

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000