New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

UncleNos
Hatchling

United Kingdom
78 Posts

Posted - 30/09/2010 :  22:19:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Got tagged by Zazu tonight my own fault I'd put her in the rub we use to feed them so I could check her weight. I went to get her out and pow tagged lol. Stupid

1.2.0 Normal Royals. Rafiki, Zazu, Timone
1.1.0 Het Pied Royals. Pumba,Sally
1.0.0 Orange Ghost Buster
1.0.0 Pastel (Het pied) Nygma
0.1.0 Spider
2.4.2 corns. Medusa,Sparkles,Dorito,Sssam, Dave, Chilli, Pepper, Princesss Annie.
1.0.0 Red tail catfish. Morph----R.I.P. you'll be missed
7.2.0 Cats. M.I.B,Picasso,Merc,Dealy,Storm,Gokoo,Chaos,Stitch,Peanuts.

Edited by - UncleNos on 30/09/2010 22:19:42

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 30/09/2010 :  22:25:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aw! She's only a little nipper! Looks like her appetite's on top form - (a rat is a rat even though it's really a human thumb!)

Talk of biting the hand that feeds her, though - what a little madam!

Go to Top of Page

Aaronjg
Hatchling

United Kingdom
97 Posts

Posted - 30/09/2010 :  23:02:34  Show Profile  Visit Aaronjg's Homepage  Click to see Aaronjg's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
does it hurt bein tagged or bitten i have owned a rat snake corn snake and now a royal (no longer own the rat) and ive never been tagged or bitten yet so could u tell me does it hurt or is it jus shock; might be a stupid question if so sorry

~AJG~

0.1.0 Corn Snake - Crystal

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 30/09/2010 :  23:23:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been nibbled 2 or 3 times by corns and young royal (my own fault too, arousing feeding response) and I've scarcely felt it - it's as they say, like velcro.

But I've never yet had a bite that drew blood - I've heard that even if it does, many are pretty painless - hope yours didn't hurt, UncleNos.

Go to Top of Page

Aaronjg
Hatchling

United Kingdom
97 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2010 :  00:21:56  Show Profile  Visit Aaronjg's Homepage  Click to see Aaronjg's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
ok then thanks

~AJG~

0.1.0 Corn Snake - Crystal

Go to Top of Page

UncleNos
Hatchling

United Kingdom
78 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2010 :  01:20:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lol B.A.T.S it's not a tag if there's no blood it's only a bump pmsl

As for pain involved not much really just a nip, defo more of a shock it's difficult not to pull away. Natural reaction though.

It's Mikki I'm feeling it for though Zazu is her little girl and she's never been aggressive like this before, so she's now really nervous about handling her, kind of hope she gets tagged and gets it over with. It's just one of the things your more than likely going to get when you handle 'Wild' animals.

0.1.0 Spider
2.4.2 corns. Medusa,Sparkles,Dorito,Sssam, Dave, Chilli, Pepper, Princesss Annie.
Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2010 :  07:16:25  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
iv been tagged by all my animals, including my little crestie lol
it is more the shock, my snakes both drew blood, but not much, just a little spot of it lol, but the hardest thing is the not pulling away, its just a natural reaction

1.2 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2010 :  07:45:58  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Big difference between a waring nip from a hatchie and a feeding response bite from a big adult. But it doesn't really hurt, no. Nowhere near as bad as a hamster bite!

Go to Top of Page

UncleNos
Hatchling

United Kingdom
78 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2010 :  08:51:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Blackecho

Big difference between a waring nip from a hatchie and a feeding response bite from a big adult. But it doesn't really hurt, no. Nowhere near as bad as a hamster bite!

Couldn't agree more BE those little s@£ts hurt like hell I remember getting bit in the soft fleshy bit between finger and thumb, dam sore

0.1.0 Spider
Go to Top of Page

fiestastlou
Yearling

United Kingdom
201 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2010 :  10:47:26  Show Profile  Visit fiestastlou's Homepage  Click to see fiestastlou's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
iv only been tagged by my hatchie (touch wood) lol but this is what i explain to all my family, they all have young kids and they love it when they come round and we get cecil and syd out for them to look at and feel, one of my younger cousins particulary likes cecil alot, shes only 10 but she asked my aunt for a snake hehe and she said no u can have a hampster, i said av u ever been bitten by one of them little buggers!! id rather take a bit off cecil that a hampster any day!

09 Royal Python normal - Cecil
10 Royal Python Spider - Skye
09 Amel Corn - Syd
10 Snow Corn - Jenny
10 Butter Motley Corn - Philip
Go to Top of Page

python23
Yearling

United Kingdom
108 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2010 :  10:59:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got tagged on the bottom lip by my 5foot corn, it bled for about an hour and didn't heal for weeks, didn't hurt though, little bugger, he's changed ever since I bred him a couple of years ago. Never been bitten by any of my royals though, they're all well behaved.

02 Corn (female)
03 Amel corn (male)
03 Amel corn (female)
03 Royal reduced pattern (male)
05 Royal normal (male)
09 Het Pied (male)
10 Royal normal (female)
10 Het Pied (Female)

Edited by - python23 on 01/10/2010 11:00:20
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2010 :  11:56:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The worst bites I've ever had were from a cat. He was a massive feral tom and he moved in with me and my four neutered cats, one of whom was male and therefore a rival. Apart from having to mediate in cat politics, my job was made more difficult by the fact that Ali Kat (the intruder) hated people, and would bite if you absentmindedly stroked him, sat in his favourite chair, or even looked at him wrong ... He had a head like a python and he didn't inhibit his bites! Twice he had me on antibiotics, and after that, well, I reckon I'm lucky because no royal is ever going to be as menacing as a big angry cat chasing me across the room!

Poor Ali Kat. Eventually I got him neutered and he settled with us and even learned to show affection. Though if he was burrowed beside me in bed, roaring with purrs and kneading with his claws, I still kept as still as possible ... Then he disappeared. He hardly ever went out, but one day he did, and never came back. Still wish he was here, bites and all.

Sorry, off topic, just had to share.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000