humidity
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Aaronjg
Hatchling

United Kingdom
97 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2010 :  16:25:39  Show Profile  Visit Aaronjg's Homepage  Click to see Aaronjg's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
is humidty a major issue is it really requied because i struggle to keep it up at 60% i have a moist box with moss in it and to maintain it at 60 i have to spray it about 3 tyms a day i also neaver see him in it so cud i jus take it out?

~AJG~

0.1.0 Corn Snake - Crystal

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2010 :  16:39:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As far as I understand it, unless a royal's shedding, normal humidity ie the same humidity you'd have in your living room, is fine. If the snake is shedding then the moss hide is a good idea - especially if the snake will spend some time in it.

Other people may have different ideas?

Go to Top of Page

Aaronjg
Hatchling

United Kingdom
97 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2010 :  17:17:14  Show Profile  Visit Aaronjg's Homepage  Click to see Aaronjg's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
ok thanks anyway BATS

~AJG~

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2010 :  19:56:00  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I'm with her, I never spray. May put a moist hide in if remember.

Go to Top of Page

spor
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1226 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2010 :  20:49:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you'll find that normal humidity is fine and a moss hide is not always needed. so you don't need to worry about it tp much unless of course your royal is shedding badly on a regular basis. to do what you need to maintain a 60% is more likely un settling to the snake, as it is frequently disturbed. so in fact although you think the misting is good, it can also have a negative effect.

0.4.0 Royal Python
1.0.0 Pastel Royal
0.1.0 Spider Royal
1.1.0 Carolina Corn Snake
1.0.0 Normal Stripe Corn
1.0.0 Yellow Bellied Turtle
Go to Top of Page

Aaronjg
Hatchling

United Kingdom
97 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2010 :  23:38:48  Show Profile  Visit Aaronjg's Homepage  Click to see Aaronjg's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
thanks alot for adice ill take it out tomoz when weighing him and sort sumthin out until i get a climbing branch to fill the space and giv him more oppertunity thanks again AJ

~AJG~

Go to Top of Page

bonez007
Hatchling

United Kingdom
53 Posts

Posted - 17/10/2010 :  12:19:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah with mine i keep normal room humidity about 40-50% and when i notice blue eyes i spray the viv once every couple days and move water over by ahs heater get it up to 60-70% had no problems with shed this way

nic

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000