Lewy
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
10260 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2008 :  14:55:02  Show Profile  Visit Lewy's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by mark

Ill tell you something BlackEcho

I joined RFUK and i first thought that it was full of a lot of back stabbers and ppl that just argued for the sake of a row. Debate is ok, but i observed that it got personal and at the time a lot of ppl were banned and booted, remember princess pea? Nothing to do with me, but that seemed to be the era.....
So, i said my piece and made it clear, and things seemed to mellow.
Anyway, i became more of an observer than a poster, but i`ll tell you this......

This site and thecornsnake has been a blast of fresh air, and credit goes to those that started, own and manage these sites.
RFUK got too big too quick and it has lost the personal touch.

I speak my mind, and what i say is my opinion, and if ppl dont take it, or dont like it they can .... ...

So, you have been banned, for what? Sharing information? OMG, thats like banning ppl for googling the word Cornsnake, because....... just because.

Who cares??

Thanks Mark - I set this up and the other two websites (thekingsnake.co.uk is still in progress) as a bit of fun I didn't realise things would grow into what they have done. I was proud to have a corn snake and found that appart from a few other forums and websites there wasn't many based in the UK. I just wanted to share the information I had gained with others the best way I knew how, so built the corn snake. The first forum was basic (very basic) but we still built up a few members. When I upgraded the design and forum in February this year the corn snake.co.uk grew overnight! and is still doing so - we have at least three or four new members each week.

I hope as big as it get it still keeps that personal touch and homely feel to it, and I'll try to keep that no mater what - but I think it's the community of people that have made the forums so successful, without you all the site would be a bit pants really

I must admit I tend to just read post on RFUK as no-one replies to me when I do post. lol still some good information on there If people ever reply

How did you find the corn snake.co.uk in the first place btw?... just good to know how people are finding us!

Thank again!

Lewy

THE ROYAL PYTHON.co.uk Team

Go to Top of Page

mark
Snake Mite

3 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2008 :  15:01:31  Show Profile
Hi Lewy

Good On You!

I found this site as i was sent a link from 'Ell' who is on TCS.
She found me, because i was advertising hatchlings on gumtree, so we became sort of penpals regarding snake chat.
So, here i am.
:)

1.0. Albino Burm
2.0. Carpet Python
1.0. Cali King
11.6. Corns
1.1. Royal Python
1.1. Thick Tail Geckos
1.0. Bearded Dragon
1.0. Spur Thighed Tort
Go to Top of Page

Lewy
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
10260 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2008 :  15:17:31  Show Profile  Visit Lewy's Homepage
Well glad to have you here! Will have to thank Ell for recommending The Corn Snake.co.uk to you!

Lewy

THE ROYAL PYTHON.co.uk Team

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2008 :  15:18:52  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by Gingerpony

only just logged on here after a few days and was very surprised to see this thread. and Pauline's name on the list of people??

Pauline's name was on the list of people I invited here, I have no idea which of them 'told' on me.

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2008 :  15:20:30  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
I think I found you through Google Lewy.

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2008 :  15:21:37  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Just checked, if you google 'Corn Snake' you're number 8 on google.

Go to Top of Page

mark
Snake Mite

3 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2008 :  15:23:52  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Blackecho

quote:
Originally posted by Gingerpony

only just logged on here after a few days and was very surprised to see this thread. and Pauline's name on the list of people??

Pauline's name was on the list of people I invited here, I have no idea which of them 'told' on me.

Might not be any. Mods on there can read PM`s i believe.

1.0. Albino Burm
2.0. Carpet Python
1.0. Cali King
11.6. Corns
1.1. Royal Python
1.1. Thick Tail Geckos
1.0. Bearded Dragon
1.0. Spur Thighed Tort
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2008 :  15:29:47  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
The e-mail from Admin I got said that someone had informed them.

Go to Top of Page

royalboy
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
19 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2008 :  15:39:32  Show Profile
when I looked at that forum I didn't think it was all that good
Go to Top of Page

matty18714
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2016 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2008 :  16:21:19  Show Profile
I have an account on rfuk too (same username), but i only read posts, i dont bother posting anything.

Go to Top of Page

Gingerpony
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2663 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2008 :  20:43:49  Show Profile  Click to see Gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
same here, it's very rare I post anything on there, it's too much hassle!

Dumerils boas, BCO hybrids, Sinder Hypo boas, cornsnakes, ratsnakes, Day Geckos
Go to Top of Page

royalpython
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
28 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2008 :  04:25:12  Show Profile  Visit royalpython's Homepage  Click to see royalpython's MSN Messenger address
No Way,

I noticed they'd banned you and wondered what you done lol. Naughty boy! :)
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2008 :  06:35:30  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Hi Jonny, welcome mate.

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2008 :  06:52:39  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
It seems I've been banned for a month now, by a different moderator, for the same offence (as I have been a good boy since then, but sent quite a few PMs out), maybe someone else has now decided to report me.

'Dear Blackecho,

You have received a new private message at Reptile Forums UK from t-bo, entitled "You have received an infraction at Reptile Forums UK".

To read the original version, respond to, or delete this message, you must log in here:
http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/private.php

This is the message that was sent:
Dear Blackecho,

You have received an infraction at Reptile Forums UK.

Reason: PM Spamming
-------
Hello

You received a previous Infraction and warning regarding PM advertising your forums. We have now received further reports of this.

You have now received a 2 point Infraction which will result in a one month ban.

If we hear of this again your ban will probably be perm.

Thanks

Chris
'

Edited by - Blackecho on 17/09/2008 06:54:29
Go to Top of Page

saddleninja
Yearling

United Kingdom
268 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2008 :  13:07:02  Show Profile
i found the corn snake through google, i looked into rfuk last month to see what "the dark side" was all about( as was quoted). i must say i do prefer the lay outs and the way things tick on lewys set up.
i also noticed there are a few know it alls on rfuk, but most people do seem sound, so i suppose the more members a site has then the more percentage of k##bs you will find.
i hope our site stay as friendly as we are, the more we keep growing
leon

1 amel
1 okeette
2 normals
1 rosy rat x
3 royals
1 cali king
1 publean milk
1 yemen chameleon
2 orange spotted agamas
1 colombian rainbow boa
Go to Top of Page

Rosie
Yearling

United Kingdom
113 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2008 :  13:34:14  Show Profile
whats going on BE?!?!?!?!?
did you pm them and tell them what you thought of their ban? naughty boy! lol!
Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
1196 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2008 :  18:42:41  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage
1 month ban eh? Naughty, Naughty

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2016 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2008 :  18:43:29  Show Profile
BE is a rebel

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2008 :  22:22:53  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
No longer banned, managed to persuade them that I was a good boy really.

Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
Fully Grown Royal

Azerbaijan
1550 Posts

Posted - 18/09/2008 :  07:33:59  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address
Lulling them into a false sense of security?

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000