New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gary
Yearling

United Kingdom
120 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2010 :  23:28:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi every one pls help does any one know how to put my photos on to the forum ive got the pics im going to show but after that i dont know help pls thank you

1xgtp 1xjungel carpet python 1x normal royal 1x100% pastel boa 1x pueblan 1x cali king

GMac
Grumpy scots admin

United Kingdom
1152 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2010 :  23:36:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4 guide to putting photos up

Royals, Corns, Boa, Kings, Hoggy, Ratsnakes

Go to Top of Page

gary
Yearling

United Kingdom
120 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2010 :  23:54:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have got photos on photobucket but how do i get photos from photobucket to the forum pls help

1xgtp 1xjungel carpet python 1x normal royal 1x100% pastel boa 1x pueblan 1x cali king
Go to Top of Page

CoN
Yearling

United Kingdom
400 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2010 :  01:01:58  Show Profile  Visit CoN's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GMac

http://www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4 guide to putting photos up

Try step 10?!

9.11.0 Python Regius (Ball/Royal Pythons)
1.1.0 Heterodon nasicus (Western Hognose)
Feel free to join my Facebook Page http://www.facebook.com/pages/LAMB-Pythons/160412530658527
Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
1196 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2010 :  11:22:08  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You just copy the 'img code' and paste it onto here Gary.

I think it's the bottom link in the list in a box on the left hand side

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2010 :  11:25:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm with Gary - this has always defeated me. Do you post your thread on here first and then go to photobucket and select the pics, or do you go into photobucket, select your pics and post them to the forum, and is there then the opportunity to post the thread AFTER posting pics?

(Mind you, the last few times I've tried I couldn't even get into photobucket ...)

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2010 :  11:31:43  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
basically, once you have managed to gt into photobucket, and you click on the picturees you want in photobucket, down the left hand side there should be a box, or sometimes if you hover over the pic whithout clicking it, there will be a box that ses email & im, direct link, HTML code and IMG code, you want the img code, so copy it
then start a new thread on the pic part, and paste it in your post, that way youll have pics
help at all????

1.2 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2010 :  12:21:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cheers Danny - that's made it clearer. Will have a go ...

If I succeed you'll be inundated with Bats' pictures ...

Go to Top of Page

Royalbob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
1115 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2010 :  23:43:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hiya Gary n Lilith, the above link that Con posted is the best thing to follow but guessing you have already tried that plus i really want to see bats this is how i do it.

1. As you have already got your images on photobucket, open up a new tab or page on your computer and open photobucket. you should now be on the photobucket home page. Don't worry about Theroyalpython forum at this point. This is what you should be looking at now.

2. Next thing we need to do is find those lovely snake pics. Look along the blue bar at the top for where it saids "MY ALBUMS" click on the drop down menu and you should get this.

choose ALL ALBUMS. you will then see your snake pics or all your different albums.

3. Choose the album with your snakes then all your pics will come up and look like something like this.

4. Almost there. Hover the mouse over the pic you want and it expands slightly also producing a drop down menu. I'm going to choose my yellow belly.

5. You are given 4 choices on the drop down menu. Email, direct link, HTML code or IMG code. You want the last one the IMG code.
Hover the mouse curser over the white box with [ IMG]http:// written in it and click the mouse key. The box will then flash copied. Don't worry you can click it again to double check.
Right were done with photobucket now. Yehh

6. Once the image is copied come back to the forum and select Royal python photo's from the menu. Then select new topic and add your subject. Click into the Message bar and write whatever you want. Press return/enter a couple times just so there's a space. Now hopefully the fun part. Just paste the txt you just copied. (on a pc just right click and select paste on a mac it's apple v) It will look something like

http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/zz332/heliousbuggy/Picture4.jpg

Preview or submit it and you should have your pic.

Hope that helped.

1.0 Enchi butter
1.0 Enchi X Pastel
1.0 Fire het clown
1.0 Bumblebee
1.0 pinstripe

0.1 Enchi Fire
0.1 Pastel calico
0.1 Yellow belly Pinstripe
0.1 Lemon pastel poss het clown
0.1 Het clown
0.1 Yellow belly
0.1 Green Mojave
0.1 HC Albino
0.2 Normals

Edited by - Royalbob on 26/11/2010 23:57:33
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2010 :  00:21:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, Bob, that's great - it makes it much clearer and I'll definitely have a go. I can't get any more pics off my phone atm but there's a camera on this pc. Thanks!

Mods, I think this ought to be made an extra sticky ... hmmm?

EDIT - ps no offence meant to poster of original sticky, it's just that I for one needed a bit of extra explanation ...

Edited by - n/a on 27/11/2010 01:52:24
Go to Top of Page

Royalbob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
1115 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2010 :  08:43:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just hope it helps. If you've already got images on photobucket no need to take a fresh pic. If you've got probs finding photobucket just type it into google and it will be the top hit.

1.0 Enchi butter
1.0 Enchi X Pastel
1.0 Fire het clown
1.0 Bumblebee
1.0 pinstripe

0.1 Enchi Fire
0.1 Pastel calico
0.1 Yellow belly Pinstripe
0.1 Lemon pastel poss het clown
0.1 Het clown
0.1 Yellow belly
0.1 Green Mojave