New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bladerunner
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
10 Posts

Posted - 30/11/2010 :  19:44:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, not exactly mealtime reading, but one of our royals had made a deposit today. Am i right in assuming that poo is an indication that things are on the right track? Anyway it was firm,dark brown and in two parts, does this sound ok?

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 30/11/2010 :  20:35:01  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, sounds fine, looks like a cat has snuck in and left a present.

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 30/11/2010 :  20:35:08  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
yes, its a bit like a dog poo, but a bit firmer lol, like a cat poo i think ( dont know what a cat poo looks like lol) yours sounds fine

1.2 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 30/11/2010 :  20:46:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL - I have loads (and loads and loads and loads!) of experience with cat gifts!

Yup, royal dump does look exactly like firm cat presents, with maybe a white urate ball or two and a tasteful accompaniment of copious clear moisture ... yummy!

Actually I prefer royal deposits to corns' - the time when Saffron climbed into my sleeve and did it is better forgotten about ... cat diarrohea ...

Oh boy and did it stink!!

Edited by - GMac on 30/11/2010 20:50:08
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 30/11/2010 :  21:00:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL mods, I've got the giggles now, after reading altered definitions of cat DEPOSITS!

Okay, no more asterisks.

But why are we allowed to talk about such as the film 'Free Willy' but not mention the mystery author who writes about horse-racing, willy Francis???? EDIT - LOL you did it again!!

Sorry, being naughty now, but any 'minors' reading these pages will have learned all the anglo-saxon in the playground by the time they're eight?

Okay, okay, will abide by the rules, honest!

Edited by - n/a on 30/11/2010 21:02:32
Go to Top of Page

Bladerunner
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
10 Posts

Posted - 30/11/2010 :  21:23:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good news then, yes it was like small cat turds, and the was a small white bit there to :-)
Thanks for the replies.
Go to Top of Page

Robert
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
957 Posts

Posted - 30/11/2010 :  22:29:10  Show Profile  Visit Robert's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The small white bit may have been a urate ball everything sounds just fine :)

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 30/11/2010 :  22:35:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
...And to be extra sure, just google 'You tube cat drops one in the bath' (sorry can't post links.)

But not while you're eating maltesers!!

Go to Top of Page

Royalbob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
1115 Posts

Posted - 30/11/2010 :  23:13:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sounds just like mine, my snakes that is.

1.0 Enchi butter
1.0 Enchi X Pastel
1.0 Fire het clown
1.0 Bumblebee
1.0 pinstripe

0.1 Enchi Fire
0.1 Pastel calico
0.1 Yellow belly Pinstripe
0.1 Lemon pastel poss het clown
0.1 Het clown
0.1 Yellow belly
0.1 Green Mojave
0.1 HC Albino
0.2 Normals

Go to Top of Page

Sabriyyah
Snake Mite

Qatar
40 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2010 :  12:35:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just got my royal. she (how do you tell?) did a poo yesterday with lots of fluid. the poo was cylindrical, about 2 cm long, very pale in colour and solid but not dry. does this sound ok?
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2010 :  14:05:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That sounds fine - sounds more like a urate (urine) ball - what you might call 'the royal wee' ...

Oops, edit - just noticed your other question. The sexes are identical - it's impossible to tell by looking at the vent or spurs (the vestigial lizard legs either side the vent.)

A snake must be probed - that is, a small slender metal probe gently slipped into the vent to ascertain whether there are male or female organs in there (depends on how far the probe will go in.) Must be done by an expert, and I'm no expert; I've seen it done with corns but there are people on here who can give you much more info, or whoever sold you the snake can. When they are hatchlings they can be 'popped' ie, again by an expert, who gently squeezes the vent so that the sex organs extrude - a delicate business! But probing is more reliable.

Edited by - n/a on 01/12/2010 14:12:25
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000