why oh why oh why
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

reptiledanny
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2010 :  11:58:54  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
why oh why oh why do i do this to myself
i keep going on rfuk for fun and looking at the snake classifieds, and every now and then i see a lovely royal that i wish i could ahve but manage to talk myself out of it (even though theres no chance i could get another anyway lol) but i ahve just gone on about 5 mins ago and found the most gorgeous morph (cinanamon) in the world, at a great price, and cannot talk myself out of it lol
i am so tempted to ask parents, but now the answer will be no lol
it helps that i dont have any money lol
i must stop looking otherwise i will go mad lol
ahhhh, it has the most beautiful pattern as well, and is a nice price
someone want to lend me some money and some space in there house lol

1.2 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2010 :  13:42:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awww, Danny, I know how you feel - not that I'm really into morphs, but the snake addiction is just as bad! That cinnamon sounds perfect - won't your parents buy it for you for Christmas?

And about the space problem ... there's always a way round that, even if it means sacrificing some furniture ...

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2010 :  13:49:23  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The best thing about the Cinnamon is the Super, mmmm.

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2010 :  14:05:36  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Blackecho

The best thing about the Cinnamon is the Super, mmmm.

the super is really nice, although browns out when its older, i prefer the cinnamon pewter lol

quote:
Originally posted by BurnedAtTheStake

Awww, Danny, I know how you feel - not that I'm really into morphs, but the snake addiction is just as bad! That cinnamon sounds perfect - won't your parents buy it for you for Christmas?

And about the space problem ... there's always a way round that, even if it means sacrificing some furniture ...

there is no way on earth my parents would buy me it for christmas lol
they refuse to buy me a viv, so there is now way on earth they would buy me the snake lol
would auntie lil care to buy me it
plus at the moment im not allowed any more, as i ahve 3 snakes lol, so not alot of room lol
i may be able to get 1 more in a couple of years off a friend, and then when i breed of course i will want to keep 1 pied baby, so will be a full house then lol
plus if i go uni, i will have to leave all my snakes at home, as i refuse to sell them so i would have to think about space then as well
heres the link to the gorgeous cinnamon if anyone else wants to buy it
http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forums/snake-classifieds/617749-cheap-cinnamon-royals-xmas-deal.html
i like the second one, with alot more blushing on it
if only i was 21 and living on my own in my own house lol, i would ahve snatched it right up

sig made by stapey

Edited by - reptiledanny on 04/12/2010 14:07:10
Go to Top of Page

deadmansfinger
Hatchling

81 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2010 :  14:24:42  Show Profile  Click to see deadmansfinger's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Danny, some advice I would give you is don't get too many pets at your age as like you say you may go to uni in a few years and you also don't know where your life will take you in the future. I got my first lizard at 12 and quickly got a large collection of them. I had to sacrifce quite a few holidays with friends through my teenage years as there was no-one to look after them and when it came to studying I had to choose the place closest to my house, which meant travelling every day so I could stay at home. So in this sense I didn't choose where I went to study, my animals did it for me as like you I would never have parted with them.

I see some comments on here being taken out of context so please understand I am not having a go at you, I am offering you advice from who has been there, done that and realises now it probably wasn't the sensible option.

Brian.

1.1 Royal Python
Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2010 :  14:32:20  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by deadmansfinger

Danny, some advice I would give you is don't get too many pets at your age as like you say you may go to uni in a few years and you also don't know where your life will take you in the future. I got my first lizard at 12 and quickly got a large collection of them. I had to sacrifce quite a few holidays with friends through my teenage years as there was no-one to look after them and when it came to studying I had to choose the place closest to my house, which meant travelling every day so I could stay at home. So in this sense I didn't choose where I went to study, my animals did it for me as like you I would never have parted with them.

I see some comments on here being taken out of context so please understand I am not having a go at you, I am offering you advice from who has been there, done that and realises now it probably wasn't the sensible option.Brian.

oh no, i totally understand, i dont want to start a huge collection and then have to either sell them which is something i would never do or go to a uni near me
luckily i ahve my dad who is very interested in the snakes so he is happy to look after the ones i ahve now, and the 2 that i may get in the future, but is that maximun that i will get. plus my brother is very interested in them as well, and likes to handle them, and lukcily i am 8 years older than him so when im at uni he will be old enought to look after them for me lol
i dont want to start buying all the morphs i want now as even when i leave uni i need to get a house first and sort my life out, so it could be a year after uni before i can start buying again, and i am in my last year of school now, so have a long time to go lol
my dad is very understanding but nows about my plans for future so is strict now in me not ahving any more for at least 2 years ( or until my friend breeds)
i just need to stop putting temtation in my way lol

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

GMac
Grumpy scots admin

United Kingdom
1152 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2010 :  14:34:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by reptiledanny

lol Stop looking at the classifieds

Royals, Corns, Boa, Kings, Hoggy, Ratsnakes

Go to Top of Page

deadmansfinger
Hatchling

81 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2010 :  14:36:13  Show Profile  Click to see deadmansfinger's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
If your dad is interested in snakes is there any way you could suggest your dad gets a snake of his own (but everyone will know it's yours except him)

1.1 Royal Python
Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2010 :  14:37:35  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hes not that interested lol, i ahve tried that one before, and he says hes fine with the ones that iv got, cuz he knows that idea lol

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2010 :  14:38:10  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GMac

quote:

lol Stop looking at the classifieds

its hard u now

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2010 :  16:14:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL Danny, if i come up on the lottery this evening I will buy you that cinnamon and then if you need a sitter when at uni it can come and stay with your Auntie Lil.

Yes, it's true what everyone's been saying. Mine has always been a multi-cat household and 25 years ago I bred Siamese. I haven't had a holiday since 1979. I buy my clothes from charity shops, my furniture is throw-outs or even from skips ...luckily holidays, new clothes and furniture aren't important to me, but makes you think.

Animals can take you over body and soul!

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2010 :  16:18:46  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

LOL Danny, if i come up on the lottery this evening I will buy you that cinnamon and then if you need a sitter when at uni it can come and stay with your Auntie Lil.

Yes, it's true what everyone's been saying. Mine has always been a multi-cat household and 25 years ago I bred Siamese. I haven't had a holiday since 1979. I buy my clothes from charity shops, my furniture is throw-outs or even from skips ...luckily holidays, new clothes and furniture aren't important to me, but makes you think.

lol, i am used to not having holidays because of animals, as we have always had a dog at some point or another, so we never really go abroad, not that we would want to after living in turkey for 2 years lol
but thats what we live for lol

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2010 :  16:47:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

lol, i am used to not having holidays because of animals, as we have always had a dog at some point or another, so we never really go abroad, not that we would want to after living in turkey for 2 years lol
but thats what we live for lol

True - well it is for me. Living in Turkey must have been interesting though!

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2010 :  17:09:19  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
it was, it was an expierience, not one i would do again, but aan expierience
its because my dad is in the raf that we moved out there
that life is also for me lol, i suppose some people like the drinking wif mates everynight, some people like the sitting down with partners life, and we like the animal life lol

sig made by stapey

Edited by - reptiledanny on 04/12/2010 17:09:40
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2010 :  17:40:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL! Yeah, I like sitting down with cats and snakes every night ... AND having a few jars too ... naughty!

Go to Top of Page

inkygirl
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
41 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2010 :  18:45:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know what you mean I just wind myself up looking at the ads LOL.

I want 1 Royal already got my Boa & Corn.

We have 5 dogs, 2 cats, terrpins, beardie, snails so im used to no holidays...wouldnt have it any other way. A zoo and a glass of wine suits me fine x lol
Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2010 :  18:52:03  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by inkygirl

I know what you mean I just wind myself up looking at the ads LOL.

I want 1 Royal already got my Boa & Corn.

We have 5 dogs, 2 cats, terrpins, beardie, snails so im used to no holidays...wouldnt have it any other way. A zoo and a glass of wine suits me fine x lol

lmfao, that got me laughing lol
we must stop tempting ourselves lol

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

nok1888
Yearling

United Kingdom
314 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2010 :  19:21:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tell them you'll drop a deuce in the corner of every room until they buy it lol

0.1.0 Royal Normal - Orlina Bodhi Lobsang
1.0.0 Royal Normal - Sedrick Rinzen Sonam
2.0.0 Cats 18 y/o - Monty, kitten - Dodger
2.0.0 Border Collie's 7 y/o - Jinky, 2 y/o - Chance
0.0.5 Goldfish - Haggis, Pookie, Oddball, Spongebob and Slimey (kids eh lol)
Strange creature, unknown species, wife likes to call it "teenage daughter"

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2010 :  19:59:05  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
lol, still wouldnt help. would prob then get my phone contract cancelled if i did that lol as parents pay that for me

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

nok1888
Yearling

United Kingdom
314 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2010 :  20:31:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Typical they've always got something on you lol BUT now Im on the other side, kids of my own heh heh

0.1.0 Royal Normal - Orlina Bodhi Lobsang
1.0.0 Royal Normal - Sedrick Rinzen Sonam
2.0.0 Cats 18 y/o - Monty, kitten - Dodger
2.0.0 Border Collie's 7 y/o - Jinky, 2 y/o - Chance
0.0.5 Goldfish - Haggis, Pookie, Oddball, Spongebob and Slimey (kids eh lol)
Strange creature, unknown species, wife likes to call it "teenage daughter"

Go to Top of Page

Royalbob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
1115 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2010 :  20:51:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
RFUK classifieds, don't do it danny. (saids the guy thats just finished having a browse lol)
p.s it doesn't get easier just because u finish uni and sort your life either otherwise a lot of us would have much bigger collections. lol

1.0 Enchi butter
1.0 Enchi X Pastel
1.0 Fire het clown
1.0 Bumblebee
1.0 pinstripe

0.1 Enchi Fire
0.1 Pastel calico
0.1 Yellow belly Pinstripe
0.1 Lemon pastel poss het clown
0.1 Het clown
0.1 Yellow belly
0.1 Green Mojave