heating help
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

reptiledanny
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2010 :  15:47:04  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i am slowly getting things ready for bullets viv, i plan to use a ceramic bulb for him, is the 100 watt ok?
also can i use a pulse stat with that?
what bulb holder do i need for a ceramic bulb?
how big does the gueard have to be- i plan to make my own guard and have baught galvanised mesh wire from b&q and plan to bend it all into shape, anyone made a guad as to how to make one?

1.2 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey

Royalbob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
1115 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2010 :  18:38:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
assuming your vivs 3ft or under danny 100w is fine. Pulse stat is perfect for ceramic bulb but remember if you ever choose to use a Ir bulb you will have to change you stat as you'll have a light pulsing away.
You can use dimmer's on ceramic bulbs so gives you more choice. I bought a standard gaurd and bulb holder from my reptile shop. I know that you definitely need to use a ceramic bulb holder and cabling.
The gaurd depends on the size of the bulb. my gaurd measures 245mm x 125mm x 125mm. seen post on rfuk with custom m,ade ones for about £10 and you'd spend that in time and effort. just make sure the cabling and bulb holder are correct for the bulb you use.

1.0 Enchi butter
1.0 Enchi X Pastel
1.0 Fire het clown
1.0 Bumblebee
1.0 pinstripe

0.1 Enchi Fire
0.1 Pastel calico
0.1 Yellow belly Pinstripe
0.1 Lemon pastel poss het clown
0.1 Het clown
0.1 Yellow belly
0.1 Green Mojave
0.1 HC Albino
0.2 Normals

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2010 :  19:42:00  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
http://www.thekingsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1157

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2010 :  19:49:57  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
the only problem that arrised is the wire is quite thin, so if a fully grown royal rapped itself around it and squized, it would easily bend lol

1.2 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000