doubling up on a thermostat
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

reptiledanny
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2010 :  18:11:18  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i now you can double up a 2 heat mats on 1 stat as long as they do not exceed the rate and are excatly the same mats.
can u do the same with bulbs?? as in have 2 100 watt ceramic bulbs on 1 dimming thermostat? would this work?

1.2 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey

lee2308
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2597 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2010 :  18:27:04  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i tried this with mats and it did not work,if 1 cools faster than the other it has a head start on heating up so will get hotter,if you get what i mean.

Members map-------Want to be on the map?

Edited by - lee2308 on 19/12/2010 18:27:31
Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2010 :  18:58:48  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
oh ye get what u mean lol. it was just a i new a few people that did this with mats, and just thought maybe it would work for bulbs. i wouldn't be doing it for a while anyway, may try it and see what happens when i have to set up another viv for bow

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

Welly
Yearling

United Kingdom
423 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2010 :  20:18:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are they in the same Viv?
If the probe was within the area of both bulbs then it would only get as hot as the probe would let it.

If not then i'd say no, all 3 of my bulbs are different. All 3 are the same 100W Exo terra Pro blacks now and they give off differing levels of heat

0.1.0 Royal Python
0.0.1 Mexican Black King
1.0.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa
Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2010 :  21:54:05  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Welly

Are they in the same Viv?
If the probe was within the area of both bulbs then it would only get as hot as the probe would let it.

If not then i'd say no, all 3 of my bulbs are different. All 3 are the same 100W Exo terra Pro blacks now and they give off differing levels of heat

i dont get what u mean??
if u mean will they be in the exact same size viv, as in an lx36 viv with a 100 watt ceramic bulb, then yes, they will be

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000