Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2010 :  22:15:31  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Was just wondering what you guys think about doing a monthly photo competition like the reptilian do? Give people a reason to get their cameras out and start taking some pictures?

Would also be some good fun and let new people have access to a thread that would contain the very best royal python pictures we have to offer ^^

If this is a terrible idea feel free to tell me :P

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/

Kehhlyr
Hatchling

United Kingdom
88 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2010 :  22:35:18  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Reptilian compo is a multi forum compo.
I post in here about it as well as all the other forums linked to this one but keep entries/votes all in the mother forum as it's easier to keep things like that in one place.

However doing an individual forum one is a good idea, go for it.
Sometimes not easy, but where's the fun in that though.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon
SOME OF MY ANIMALS

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2010 :  22:50:41  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yer was just thinking it'd be cool to get more royal pictures in than we normally do

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2010 :  23:32:15  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
This may have been a terrible idea, note to self- no more beer after snow days at work XD can a mod or admin take this thread down pleases? :)

Go to Top of Page

Royalbob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
1115 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2010 :  00:14:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kelfezond

This may have been a terrible idea, note to self- no more beer after snow days at work XD can a mod or admin take this thread down pleases? :)

Why? Thought it was a good idea. No your prob not gonna get loads of pics but for those that use this forum regular i think it would be nice.

1.0 Enchi butter
1.0 Enchi X Pastel
1.0 Fire het clown
1.0 Bumblebee
1.0 pinstripe

0.1 Enchi Fire
0.1 Pastel calico
0.1 Yellow belly Pinstripe
0.1 Lemon pastel poss het clown
0.1 Het clown
0.1 Yellow belly
0.1 Green Mojave
0.1 HC Albino
0.2 Normals

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
Hatchling

United Kingdom
88 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2010 :  00:23:31  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
People should be posting their piccys in the compo anyway.
Last months winner was a royal, so you royal owners have no excuse .

If you want any pointers on running a forum photo compo, let me know. I've been doing the others for ages (when I remember to).

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon
SOME OF MY ANIMALS

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2010 :  09:14:34  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
yes, when u remember to k lol
i posted a pic of bullet on it
but it would be nice to get one going on here as then it would be all full of royals, although i dont think there would be a prize

1.2 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2010 :  10:44:29  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Nah no prize, other than satisfaction for a nice picture I guess.

Go to Top of Page

GMac
Grumpy scots admin

United Kingdom
1152 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2010 :  12:06:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I dont think its a bad idea, may be worth having a go and see the response we get for a royal compo.

Royals, Corns, Boa, Kings, Hoggy, Ratsnakes

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2010 :  12:22:20  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Royals seem to be the popular snake these days so theres no shortage of them and all the different morphs that are commonly available now means there would be a lovely variety of them to see.

could also add a theme to the comp each month such as feeding or periscoping handling or water theme, anything royals do really.

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2010 :  13:21:29  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
oh my god, i really wana do this now lol
we should do it
do it

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2010 :  14:12:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think it's a great idea - a royal photo competition. As you know my photo situation is not the greatest - so far I have one poor quality pic of Shahi looking very large and golden after his last shed, but I do like seeing pics of other people's royals.

Congrats on Cleopatra by the way - I did read the thread. If it's any consolation, my Saada's on the small side too, even though she's a smashing little eater. And I have a corn who started out smaller than the others but she's a whopper now. They catch up in the end!

Go to Top of Page

Royalbob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
1115 Posts

Posted - 21/12/2010 :  00:59:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bats if your still having probs with the photos if you email me i could post them up for you. oldbboy@hotmail.co.uk

1.0 Enchi butter
1.0 Enchi X Pastel
1.0 Fire het clown
1.0 Bumblebee
1.0 pinstripe

0.1 Enchi Fire
0.1 Pastel calico
0.1 Yellow belly Pinstripe
0.1 Lemon pastel poss het clown
0.1 Het clown
0.1 Yellow belly
0.1 Green Mojave
0.1 HC Albino
0.2 Normals

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 21/12/2010 :  23:37:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Royalbob

Bats if your still having probs with the photos if you email me i could post them up for you. oldbboy@hotmail.co.uk

Oh, thanks - sorry - only just seen your post. Yeah, GMac and Nok have offered (thanks guys) but I only know how to post attachments to an email address, rather than pm-ing, so yes, if that's ok I'll try and get pics of Saada and Surahi too (have to use the camera on this pc) and if I start a thread on the photo section and email the pics to you, and then if you can post them on that thread, that would be great! They won't be of the finest quality but I am rather proud of them - the snakes I mean! Thanks again!

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 21/12/2010 :  23:46:04  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
well im happy to host a competition each month, but might be better if a mod could volunteer since they can keep the thread tidy and on track :)

however if ***ody wants to I don't mind doing it :)

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 21/12/2010 :  23:52:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

well im happy to host a competition each month, but might be better if a mod could volunteer since they can keep the thread tidy and on track :)

Ah sorry, Kelfezond, I should have added that my pics would be for info only, forgot this was to do with a competition, but my pics won't be of competition quality!

Look forward to the competition though!

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 21/12/2010 :  23:55:55  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Sure they will Bats, I bet you're a great photographer ;)

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 22/12/2010 :  13:42:40  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

yes, would be slighlty easier with mods, but im happey to help u out kelfezond if u want, and we both run it, i think it would be really fun to have a compotition just for royals

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 22/12/2010 :  14:18:56  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Sounds good Danny. I'll set the first one up on January and if anytime between then and now a mod volunteers to take over it'll be groovey, if not we'll take turns doing it between us :)

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 22/12/2010 :  14:23:06  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
ye thats fine, the only bit we may need help with is the voting part, as the seting up the compotition is the easy part lol

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 22/12/2010 :  15:14:15  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Well if need be we can make voting done by email, I get spammed every day anyway might as well get a bunch of snake votes in my inbox hehe

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000