New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nok1888
Yearling

United Kingdom
314 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2010 :  00:27:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looked in Orlina's viv tonight to see a bit of skin so wondering what it was I took her hide off her to see her fully shed looking amazing. What was left covering her eye and face was off too, checked her over and theres only 7 tiny scales left on her head but I'll get a wee bit olive oil on it. I never even seen her eyes cloud over even in the slightest, I actually said to the wife last night I could swear she's going to shed and today she did! She must have sat and turned around in circles where she was because her skin was lying directly underneath her right in the middle of her hide so she never even used anything to rub against

Her shed cycle WAS every 3 months but its exactly 2 months today since her last one and something Ive never noticed before her belly scales have a light pink colour to them. I cant see it being a growth spurt because she's eaten only 180g since her last shed.

Is this just a quick shed or could there be another reason for it?

0.1.0 Royal Normal - Orlina Bodhi Lobsang
1.0.0 Royal Normal - Sedrick Rinzen Sonam
2.0.0 Cats 18 y/o - Monty, kitten - Dodger
2.0.0 Border Collie's 7 y/o - Jinky, 2 y/o - Chance
0.0.5 Goldfish - Haggis, Pookie, Oddball, Spongebob and Slimey (kids eh lol)
Strange creature, unknown species, wife likes to call it "teenage daughter"

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2010 :  09:00:37  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Sounds perfectly normal

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2010 :  12:09:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats! That's great - especially about the head shed.

And about the kitten too - aww, brings back memories! The settling in usually goes in several stages ... Senior cat growls, sulks, makes himself very obnoxious and makes you feel very guilty. Kitten, after a short while,gets fascinated with senior cat, follows him about and may even try to be the boss. Senior cat is not amused. Funny though, senior cat can now be seen watching kitten, although he would rather you didn't comment on the fact. If you do, he will deny it CATegorically ...

The turning point comes when you may see them sitting at opposite ends of a bed, rug or whatever. Senior cat still maintains 'it's that thing or me,' but it's odd how often you'll find them together ...I used to breed Siamese and every year the older cats would endure an invasion. My George, who looked like the Beast of Bodmin, Hated kittens. Until the day when I discovered him washing a little one's face. George pulled away, glared at me, growled at the kitten ...'You didn't see that!'

Looks like you're in for a lively new year ...envy you!

Go to Top of Page

nok1888
Yearling

United Kingdom
314 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2010 :  13:34:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cool, I was chuffed for her and to see the face and eye cleared. She's never fed for over 2 weeks but Ive never offered, she's been that quiet Ive never seen her out of her hide except when I went in to check on her and even then she just sat curled up but the previous owner told me its like she hibernates for 8-9 weeks every winter. Stays in her hide and never moves even between her hot and cold sides. Theres plenty food for her but she's never been out so I'll wait until she's looking.

LOL Lil, I dont think Monty will be chuffed he thinks he owns the house lol Its going to be a mad house but wouldnt have it any other way, especially when the mania kicks in lol. Monty has decided now that if he sits next to you, you have 5 seconds to start scratching his neck or he bites you lol

0.1.0 Royal Normal - Orlina Bodhi Lobsang
1.0.0 Royal Normal - Sedrick Rinzen Sonam
2.0.0 Cats 18 y/o - Monty, kitten - Dodger
2.0.0 Border Collie's 7 y/o - Jinky, 2 y/o - Chance
0.0.5 Goldfish - Haggis, Pookie, Oddball, Spongebob and Slimey (kids eh lol)
Strange creature, unknown species, wife likes to call it "teenage daughter"

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2010 :  16:31:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL, bless, Monty sounds a real character. The kitten will keep him young!

Go to Top of Page

Royalbob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
1115 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2010 :  16:33:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy days, i love it when they shed. Missed my albino's last one a couple days ago. Could she was a little pink the other day so i thought i'll throw a bit of moss in her hide in a couple days. Woke up the next morning and she was all done.

1.0 Enchi butter
1.0 Enchi X Pastel
1.0 Fire het clown
1.0 Bumblebee
1.0 pinstripe

0.1 Enchi Fire
0.1 Pastel calico
0.1 Yellow belly Pinstripe
0.1 Lemon pastel poss het clown
0.1 Het clown
0.1 Yellow belly
0.1 Green Mojave