New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mulv
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
530 Posts

Posted - 17/01/2009 :  07:45:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok guys I feel really embarrassed to post this but hey I need advice.

Last night I went out for a few hours and (the only logical explanation I can think of) left the door of my spare room, where I keep my two, open.

I came in a maximum of about 4 hours later and found the tank on the floor with the lid off, water everywhere from the bowl, and no sid.

I'm guessing my cat went in and somehow knocked the tank off the cabinet.
After going absolutely frantic going through piles of clothes and draws and all that I calmed down and remembered that he probably wouldn't have gone far and would be curled up in a ball somewhere sheltered. With that I found him, doing what Royals do best, balled up hiding under a set of shelves.

I feel like such an idiot for leaving the door open, I always make sure it's shut, but I don't know what happened last night.
Either way, I'm worried that because of the cold and wet (spilt water bowl) conditions he was in, the RI he developed might re-lapse.

So, do people think that being in those conditions for anywhere between 5 minutes and 4 hours could cause it? I had him wrapped in a warm towel as soon as I found him and back in the tank after I had sorted it. Also, he had gone away from the water and where he was it was dry.

The weird thing is, once I had him settled I put a small light on in the corner, next to the tank but slightly underneath so no direct light into the tank, just so I could go in and check his temps until I went to bed to make sure they were right, and every time I went in, he was out and about in the tank, with his head always closest to the light. I expected him to ball up and hide but he didn't? He was back in his hide this morning when I left for work.

So yeah, stupidly long story but what I want to ask is, could these conditions cause a relapse of the RI, and why did he not just hide?
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000