Why do we love royals?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2011 :  15:00:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Umm, well, very damp dark day here in Snakey Wakey, and very quiet on the forum too ... Happy New Year you guys, or should I say happy hangovers?? (Not got one myself!)

So, why do we love royal pythons?

So many people say they're boring (WE know they aren't!) Or that 'everyone's got them' - (And rightly so!)

Royals are cool!

Myself, I love them for their chunky cuddly appearance, their soulful eyes and most of all for their laid back pythonality!

On a more practical note - they only take a dump about every six weeks ...

stotty01
Hatchling

United Kingdom
51 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2011 :  15:06:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you forgot-'they never eat' aswell....there good for your money i guess. A python that gets to a good size and are friendly :) and i love it when people say OMG PYTHONS EAT YOU then i prove that monty is docile and there all awwwwww
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2011 :  15:13:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Stotty! Monty will start eating, I promise you!

Yeah, I know what you mean - I even used to get told that a hatchling corn was going to get out in the night and scarf me down!

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2011 :  15:18:24  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
lmao, well, to start with they are just like me, round and get to a moderate size (im 6ft), i love how docile they are, all they want to do is expore round you, not bothered about the surroundings.
like bats ses, everyone thinks there boring, they are no where near boring, i think what people ar erefering to is that they are really on out and about at certain times, but that soutes me perfect, mine usually come out at about 6, bullet gets about 30 mins to and hour out, and then bow gets about 20 mins max out, whereas my corn, is always out, but i cannot always get him out, otherwise he would be out verey 5 mins lol
corns are more popular than royals, but everybody still gets corns, so people saying "everybody got them" but i bet they own a corn lol
i think people are mostly put off about there feeding habits, because 9 times out of 10, when you search on google about royals, most of the things are about them being fussy eaters, but to be honest, mine have only refused for an actually reason, not for no apparent reason lol
i wish i had found royals earlier, but then if i had, i may not have the wonderful snakes i have now

1.2 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2011 :  15:29:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, Danny, you're 6' at 15!!

Same as my ex - only when he was in his teens it was a real bore to find shops that sold cool clothes in his size - believe things are better now!

As so many of us know, the royal python god provides us with corns to mop up rodents the royals refuse. (And corns are so lovely, who can do without them!)

And royals aren't really fussy eaters - we understand them, and we realise it's only when they're settling in and when the adults are in the breeding season that they stop eating for a while. We know that that's what royals do.

Royals rule!!

Edited by - n/a on 01/01/2011 15:31:18
Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2011 :  15:34:13  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
here here ^^^
plus you have all the gorgeous choices of morphs

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

scubadude
Yearling

United Kingdom
326 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2011 :  15:46:01  Show Profile  Click to see scubadude's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
why do we love Royals, one word really, 'Character' and royals seem to have character by the bucketload. Yes I know people call them Slugs and say they do nothing, but hell Neither do I, I love my Royal and I love my Corn, but I know that the next snake into the house will be a Royal. (as soon as I get Palin probed, so I know whether she needs a boyfriend or he needs a girlfriend)

1.0 Classic corn snake
2.3 Normal Royal
1.1 spider royal
1.0 Mojave Royal
1.0 Butter Royal
0.1 Pastel ph ghost Royal
1.0 Enchi Royal python
1.0 Pastel royal poss ???
1.1 Yellowbelly Royal
1.1 Cinnamon Royal
1.1 Fire Royal
1.1 100% het Clowns
1.1 Crawl cay boas
1.0 Hypo hog island boa
0.1 Hog island Boa
coming soon
0.1 Bumblebee

opinions are like ars*holes, everyone's got one, but you don't need to share them with the world.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2011 :  15:49:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scubadude

why do we love Royals, one word really, 'Character' and royals seem to have character by the bucketload. Yes I know people call them Slugs and say they do nothing, but hell Neither do I, I love my Royal and I love my Corn, but I know that the next snake into the house will be a Royal. (as soon as I get Palin probed, so I know whether she needs a boyfriend or he needs a girlfriend)

Oooohh - a royal wedding???

Go to Top of Page

Figs
Yearling

United Kingdom
192 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2011 :  16:04:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They have the cutest faces of any animal i've ever seen!

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2011 :  16:11:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Figs

They have the cutest faces of any animal i've ever seen!

^^YEAH! LOL! (and corns and cats too!!)

Go to Top of Page

stotty01
Hatchling

United Kingdom
51 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2011 :  16:34:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah im 6ft 1 and im 15 to xD and when i started working in the rep shop i used to hate royals, thought they were really scary and used to be so so so careful when changing water but when i held it it was so calm and docile i loved it :D my royal is alwaaaays out when my corn sits in her hide all day and only come out for food (like me xD) and my mum who doesnt like snakes says she rather handle him than my corn as he is really docile compared to
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2011 :  16:45:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, Stotty, you too - what is it with you young guys eh??

Yeah, when I went to see Saada and Surahi, I thought, omg, 3' and 4' snakes, although some of my corns are that size, a python is sort of more imposing ... it's like a miniature big snake, like a small burm or a bci - perhaps tht's the charm of these royals, that they have all the qualities of a 'big' reptile but are much more approachable and gentle ...royals, aww!

Edited by - n/a on 01/01/2011 16:55:49
Go to Top of Page

stotty01
Hatchling

United Kingdom
51 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2011 :  17:55:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
some say i was put in a growbag or the milkman was a tall guy xD
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2011 :  18:05:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stotty01

some say i was put in a growbag or the milkman was a tall guy xD

LOL - blame the milkman eh?

Er, rude joke we used to tell at school at your age ...

What comes in pints?

Elephants!

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2011 :  19:40:05  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
lmfao bats

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000