Mentor idea
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2011 :  13:29:11  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Okay so im at work browsing the forum today and im reading bats post about wee little snake care and an idea struck me.

We get lots of people on the forum who ask questions. .. Since that is what the forum is made for lol. And they all get answered quickly and efficiently but sometimes you need a little exrea guidence and in those times itd great to have somebody you can chat with, and while most of our members are happy to provide newbies with instant message contact details there isnt snywhere suitable to ask for that kind of help. So my idea was to put up a thread where you can get in contact with sonebody who is happy to talk, listen and answer questions you might have about his or her specific knowledge. For instance im coming to grips with morphs and genes now so if there is anyone who wants a chat about the basics of it they can feel free to email me and ill provide conract details. Im sure it would be most useful to new owners to get help that a caresheet cant provide as well as help with other issues. For instance myself and from what i gather bats are thinking of breeding id much apprieciate having somebody with experience to chat with personally.

So there is the idea. Thoughts?

PS. I wrote all this on my galexy touchscreen. Took about an hour :'-(

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/

hiper2009
Yearling

United Kingdom
259 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2011 :  17:18:35  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Great idea but there is a chat link that you can chat to other members and mods on here is the link http://www.tcs-chat.tk/ and GMac is always on there to offer advice and other stuff.

0.0.1 Royal Python Het Pied 100% CB10 - Chaos
1.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa CB10 - Bow/Mayhem
0.1.0 Cornsnake Amel Het Motley CB10 - Fire
1.0.0 Cornsnake Caramel Het Motley CB09 - Whisky
1.0.0 Cornsnake Snow Het Stripe CB07 - Romeo - R.I.P

1.0.0 Super Golden Labrador Dog CB02 - Bailey

Wish List:
1.2.0 Royal Python - Pastel , Pinstripe , Lesser.
Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2011 :  18:14:53  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
im on there all the time lol, me and scuba are always talking royals lol, im always showing scuba all these great morphs and getting him jelous lol
but ye sounds great, id be happy to help people out, iv learned abit about morphs and genetics so could help there lol

1.2 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey

Edited by - reptiledanny on 09/01/2011 18:15:36
Go to Top of Page

GMac
Grumpy scots admin

United Kingdom
1152 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2011 :  18:42:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The link Hiper2009 posted is a chat based site that was created by a forum member and used by forum users, and non forum users, to come along and have a chat and get to know each other.

However on occasion advice can and has been given yes.

The link Hiper has given though is out of date the new link is www.weneedcake.co.uk

Royals, Corns, Boa, Kings, Hoggy, Ratsnakes

Go to Top of Page

louise32
Yearling

275 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2011 :  19:04:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lol you kept that quiet didn't you!

I felt like I was crashing a private party lol

Not used to chat room typ things so was a bit scared. Might pop back later so be gentle with me....!
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2011 :  20:29:27  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
sounds pretty much like what i had in mind, why was this not more advertised? xD

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2011 :  21:04:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by louise32

lol you kept that quiet didn't you!

I felt like I was crashing a private party lol

Not used to chat room typ things so was a bit scared. Might pop back later so be gentle with me....!

never heard of it before myself - yeah, bit too quick for me though I get my 2 cents in now and again!

Go to Top of Page

hiper2009
Yearling

United Kingdom
259 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2011 :  21:55:45  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GMac

The link Hiper2009 posted is a chat based site that was created by a forum member and used by forum users, and non forum users, to come along and have a chat and get to know each other.

However on occasion advice can and has been given yes.

The link Hiper has given though is out of date the new link is www.weneedcake.co.uk

The link i posted still works for me and the chat based site is great for advice as i found out a few days ago and turned to Gmac for urgent help regarding one of my cornsnakes eating her self but she was saved by the bell thanks to Gmac and his great advice.

0.0.1 Royal Python Het Pied 100% CB10 - Chaos
1.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa CB10 - Bow/Mayhem
0.1.0 Cornsnake Amel Het Motley CB10 - Fire
1.0.0 Cornsnake Caramel Het Motley CB09 - Whisky
1.0.0 Cornsnake Snow Het Stripe CB07 - Romeo - R.I.P

1.0.0 Super Golden Labrador Dog CB02 - Bailey

Wish List:
1.2.0 Royal Python - Pastel , Pinstripe , Lesser.
Go to Top of Page

scubadude
Yearling

United Kingdom
326 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2011 :  09:40:59  Show Profile  Click to see scubadude's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Nice to see some new faces in the chatroom last night, it does get a bit hectic and random at times but is a good place to chat with other snake maniacs, and very inclusive. Hope we didn't scare anyone off.

1.0 Classic corn snake
2.3 Normal Royal
1.1 spider royal
1.0 Mojave Royal
1.0 Butter Royal
0.1 Pastel ph ghost Royal
1.0 Enchi Royal python
1.0 Pastel royal poss ???
1.1 Yellowbelly Royal
1.1 Cinnamon Royal
1.1 Fire Royal
1.1 100% het Clowns
1.1 Crawl cay boas
1.0 Hypo hog island boa
0.1 Hog island Boa
coming soon
0.1 Bumblebee

opinions are like ars*holes, everyone's got one, but you don't need to share them with the world.

Edited by - scubadude on 10/01/2011 18:16:54
Go to Top of Page

Sabriyyah
Snake Mite

Qatar
40 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2011 :  17:59:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do we have a FAQs page? if so, where is it and if not, it would be very helpful for snake mites like me and would prevent all the same qs being asked over and over again.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2011 :  18:14:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, there's a search facility (top right hand of page) - and a faq too, but I think it's the search that would be most use. I don't think anyone minds topics being rehashed though - in my experience something new almost always comes up, I for one usually learn something new. So I wouldn't worry about asking a question that's been asked before.

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2011 :  15:16:51  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Indeed, this is one of the few forums I've seen where when a repeated question comes up we don't all immediately scream "OMIGAD JUST GOOGLE IT!"

Which is nice because most of the time people have googled and thats what brought them to the forum in the first place hehe.

Go to Top of Page

Royalbob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
1115 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2011 :  15:20:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kelfezond

Indeed, this is one of the few forums I've seen where when a repeated question comes up we don't all immediately scream "OMIGAD JUST GOOGLE IT!"

Which is nice because most of the time people have googled and thats what brought them to the forum in the first place hehe.

exactly

1.0 Enchi butter
1.0 Enchi X Pastel
1.0 Fire het clown
1.0 Bumblebee
1.0 pinstripe

0.1 Enchi Fire
0.1 Pastel calico
0.1 Yellow belly Pinstripe
0.1 Lemon pastel poss het clown
0.1 Het clown
0.1 Yellow belly
0.1 Green Mojave
0.1 HC Albino
0.2 Normals

Go to Top of Page

JanieW
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2279 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2012 :  21:57:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why can't I get to the chatroom..just shows boxes for camstreams etc?

Doh nevermind, I hadn't noticed that its a old thread..sorry

Peoples Of Middle Earth:
Bert (Staffy) , named after Tolkien's stone Troll
Popeye, African Grey
Gimli (Son Of Gloin), Baby Beardie
Slinky, Baby Royal Python
Fëanor..Baby Mexican Common Boa
Casper 2011 Male Ghost Corn Snake **RIP**
Hoard of Orcs (Dubia Roach Colony)
Pearl & Ivory--African Giant Albino Land Snails
Ra, Taiwanese Beauty Snake
Henry, Western Hognose *Missing*