Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 New baby Royal ... very inquisitive- normal ??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2011 :  14:00:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't spray at all (I'm in rainy Wakefield lol.) And I don't use humidity gauges either - I would if I had a GTP or any other snake that required precise humidity.

If a snake has been blue and cleared, I give a damp hide and put the water bowl in the hot end (they are all in vivs.) Shahi, the male, has this arrangement permanently as his first sheds were scruffy. I provided Saada, the 09 female with the same arrangement when clear, and she shed nicely; Surahi, my other girl, who's an 06, hasn't shed since her arrival in Nov.

This is what works for me - I'm not saying it's writ in stone. Every snake is different and other people, who are often more experienced, have other methods, which they find work for them.

Edited by - n/a on 05/02/2011 14:00:57
Go to Top of Page

Zincubus
Hatchling

United Kingdom
79 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2011 :  08:58:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I may go down the sphagnum moss route , she actually looks as though she has a tiny bit of dry skin /scales on the top of her head so hopefully it's a tiny bit of left over shed which will drop off next shed ??

Edited by - Zincubus on 06/02/2011 08:59:15
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2011 :  11:44:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zincubus

I may go down the sphagnum moss route , she actually looks as though she has a tiny bit of dry skin /scales on the top of her head so hopefully it's a tiny bit of left over shed which will drop off next shed ??

Yeah, Shahi, who I got as a hatchling, had a couple of tiny crozzly bits on his back which bothered me until BE and Robert assured me that the problem would resolve itself after a few sheds, and it did.

It's only if the skin was round her tailtip or on an eyecap (which your girl's obviously isn't) that you'd need to try some intervention with bathing, shed ease etc.

Edited by - n/a on 06/02/2011 11:51:42
Go to Top of Page

Zincubus
Hatchling

United Kingdom
79 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2011 :  21:24:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks !
Go to Top of Page

Zincubus
Hatchling

United Kingdom
79 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2011 :  00:58:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Third feed tonight , another small mouse warmed up in very water , I put her in a decent sized plastic box , dropped the mouse in with her an she grabbed it instantly !!!!

No more dangling the mouse with a pair of tongs. LOL
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000