New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

matty18714
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2016 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2011 :  12:02:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh the joys of being a student...I need to figure out how much a month it costs to run a 150 watt ceramic on a pulse so I know how much (well, little) extra I should chip in for bills. I know it will be next to nothing but I could do with having a figure.

CoN
Yearling

United Kingdom
400 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2011 :  13:17:40  Show Profile  Visit CoN's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hmm hard to tell because its on a pulse stat, so there wont be a constant flow of electricity. Dont think it will a huge amount.

9.11.0 Python Regius (Ball/Royal Pythons)
1.1.0 Heterodon nasicus (Western Hognose)
Feel free to join my Facebook Page http://www.facebook.com/pages/LAMB-Pythons/160412530658527
Go to Top of Page

matty18714
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2016 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2011 :  15:21:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Exactly. I imagine that the amount of electricity used would be similar, or probably less, to running it on full for 15 days.

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
Hatchling

United Kingdom
88 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2011 :  17:16:00  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Get one of these:
http://www.maplin.co.uk/plug-in-electricity-cost-and-usage-calculator-223573

I've got a couple similar and once programed with your electricity kwh amount it works brilliantly.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon
SOME OF MY ANIMALS

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2016 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2011 :  18:10:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ahhh, thanks Phil. Have you tested any of your set-ups to find the cost?

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
Hatchling

United Kingdom
88 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2011 :  19:58:04  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I can run 13 vivs with heatmats and heat bulbs for an average of 38p a day according to my old energy use meter thing.

Haven't got a ceramic hooked up yet so couldn't tell if that makes a difference.
All my mats are on on/off stats, the lamps are on dimmers. You can tell the difference on a hotter day compared to a cooler day, it's quite interesting actually.
My old one had a portable monitor so I could have it anywhere, you could always tell if a couple of the stats clicked on or off at the same time.

/edit
A lot of the differences in cost depends on how much your electrickery is, my old place we were on a pre-payment meter so were something stupidly expensive like 14.8p per kwh, whereas here we're at 9.8p per kwh although that could be due to our high usage as well.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon
SOME OF MY ANIMALS

Edited by - Kehhlyr on 22/02/2011 19:59:56
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000