very un-lady like
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

reptiledanny
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2011 :  16:26:37  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
well bow was out and about her cage today. i didn't think anything of it as it is feeding day. at about 2 i thought ill quickly get her out and say hello, but as soon as i opened the cage an extremely foul smell hit me. she had done the biggest poo in the corner of her tank, but it absolutly stunk, and was about half the size of her in a pile, and slighlty wet rather than the solid balls. is it usual?? she has also pood 3 times in the last 2 weeks, the first being solid, the second being in water bowl and the third being quite sloppy. is this normal is does it mean something??

1.2 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey

CoN
Yearling

United Kingdom
400 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2011 :  16:40:14  Show Profile  Visit CoN's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We had the same sort of thing with our Pastel Lesser a few months ago, almost looked like diarrhea. We kept an eye on her but is fine now! I had my suspicion on the food as that batch of rats werent the greatest.

9.11.0 Python Regius (Ball/Royal Pythons)
1.1.0 Heterodon nasicus (Western Hognose)
Feel free to join my Facebook Page http://www.facebook.com/pages/LAMB-Pythons/160412530658527
Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2011 :  17:11:48  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
it wasnt like diarrhea (sp) it was liek a sloppy poo, had shape to it, but pasrt were a bit runny. there were also some hard bits which were next to her hide just a couple of centimetres away from the huge mess. she has been on the same rats since i got her and all the other poo's she has done have been fine. will see what her next one is like in a couple of weeks

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2011 :  19:21:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Possibly just a fresher one than you are used to, it dries out very quickly in a vivarium you maybe just arrived just after the pile did.

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2011 :  19:23:18  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
no it usually is hard, all the oast times it has been hard, and the same with bullet, like cat poo, but this was a bit slopppy

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

ukglyn
Yearling

United Kingdom
109 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2011 :  20:43:04  Show Profile  Visit ukglyn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It never ceases to amaze me how big a royals poo is, bigger than a cat poo most of the time.

www.glyntjonesphotography.co.uk

Go to Top of Page

sandi
Sub Adult

787 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2011 :  23:11:10  Show Profile  Visit sandi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aye, my dogs are so proud of Florence!

0.1.0 Royal Python - Florence
1.0.0 Boa Constrictor - Boris
1.1.0 Alaunts - Willow & Brochan
Go to Top of Page

Oh How Original
Yearling

United Kingdom
378 Posts

Posted - 27/02/2011 :  13:46:55  Show Profile  Click to see Oh How Original's MSN Messenger address  Send Oh How Original a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I agree withe Con, chances are it may be food related and something may have just not fully agreed with her stomach.
And FYI - Just for future reference it's spelled Diarrhoea

When on the Forums, always be nice, stick to the rules and help when you can.
Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 27/02/2011 :  16:17:44  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
it might just have been that rat she had, but it couln't be the batch as she has been on the same batch since i got her last year, and has about 2 left. i could understand if it was a new batch like she will get in 2 weeks, but just seemed a bit odd that after about 3 months she all of a sudden had a bit of a sloppy poo, may have just been that she had drank a bit much lol

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000