New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

STICKS
Yearling

United Kingdom
408 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2011 :  17:17:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all i have just put abbey 09 bought as a female i placed the container on the scales read 950g i added abbey scales read 1440 she is a bit over 3.3ft has not taken food since sep 2010 she is livley
bright eyed and active at night and drinking.Thanks guys & girls.

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2011 :  17:34:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I'm not an expert on fasting, but I understand they can go on for months with no ill-effect - it's a royal thing.

My cf09 Saada weighed 469gm on 6 Jan and has been a good eater since I got her in Nov 10, apart from the last 6 weeks (had her first meal on Monday.) She's a very bright and healthy little royal.

So Abbey's still heavier than Saada, and, I think, longer too. I think some royals just are on the small side?

Hope this helps.

Go to Top of Page

Robert
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
957 Posts

Posted - 27/02/2011 :  18:17:00  Show Profile  Visit Robert's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have a CB09 royal that hasn't eaten since 15th August 2010 and is 752g she has lost about 120g in the past 6 months and is still fine and healthy just offer every week or two and eventually they will eat it is more stressful for us as owners than them believe me we just have to go with their flow so long as they are otherwise healthy try not to worry

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000