poohing after a feed
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

1982ltrav
Hatchling

63 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2011 :  14:52:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Monty fed for the first time with us last Friday night. Our corns are always fed on a Sunday an are left until Tuesday before being handled but you can guarantee they'll both go to the toilet on your lap. I've heard some horror stories about the mess an adult royal can make when poohing therefore haven't handled him yet waiting for him to do it in his viv as the thought of a full sized digested rat all over me was not something i fancied. He's been quite active every night so am surprised he hasn't already been. How long does it normally take or is it not as bad as expected.

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2011 :  15:16:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, royals are completely different from corns. Corns are disgusting! (Still love them though!)

As a general rule, a royal will wait until it sheds to take a dump - it will actually wait weeks.

However, younger ones have been known to 'go' more regularly, and Shahi once did it all over my lap (mainly wee.)

Surahi is 5 and came to me in Nov and hasn't shed yet, but shortly after she came I opened her hide to find her proudly guarding a whopper ... Saada sometimes leaves me a 'surprise' too. Royals seem to have more sense of decorum; whereas corns just lift their tails and let fly, royals like to go behind a bush, or somewhere private anyway lol. Royals aren't as sloppy as corns either - it looks more like cat droppings. (Hope you're not eating your tea ...)

So, they are all different, but nothing like as regular and shameless as corns. In my experience it rarely smells as bad as a corn's, but maybe I have that pleasure to come ...

Oh yes, and when the great day arrives, you may also see things that look like mint imperials. These are urates (solid urine) - specialite de royal, the royal wee...

Enjoy!

Edited by - n/a on 02/03/2011 15:17:56
Go to Top of Page

Margwar
Yearling

United Kingdom
211 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2011 :  17:04:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BurnedAtTheStake

As a general rule, a royal will wait until it sheds to take a dump - it will actually wait weeks.

Ha, Margwar is more than general then!

Margwar usually poos after eating, a couple of days or so, he very rarely sheds and poos at the same time.

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2011 :  17:09:50  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Horror story for you. I got diablo out to handle from his rub one day and he was fine, spent about twenty moinutes holding him then took him over to his rub, i like to let them crawl in themselves so he started crawling over the side of the rub, was almost all the way over just his tail left when oi noticed he stopped, he then opened his bowels and had a nasty runny smelly poo all over my carpet and down the side of his rub. He finished and as if nothing happened carried on crawling into his hide and went to sleep.

You can imagine how annoyed i was...

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2011 :  17:45:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kelfezond

Horror story for you. I got diablo out to handle from his rub one day and he was fine, spent about twenty moinutes holding him then took him over to his rub, i like to let them crawl in themselves so he started crawling over the side of the rub, was almost all the way over just his tail left when oi noticed he stopped, he then opened his bowels and had a nasty runny smelly poo all over my carpet and down the side of his rub. He finished and as if nothing happened carried on crawling into his hide and went to sleep.

You can imagine how annoyed i was...

LOL - eww! Sounds a bit CORNY to me (in the sense of corn snake I might add!)

Spider attempted a similar stunt the other night but I was ready with the kitchen roll.

Spider says, well, she's a long girl now, and she lives in her front half. She can't always monitor what her back half's doing as it's got so far away ...

Go to Top of Page

hodgie
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1197 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2011 :  18:47:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As above, they can go months.

Royals owned "lots"

Go to Top of Page

Royalbob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
1115 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2011 :  10:56:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
mmmm mine a little buggers then going every couple of weeks.

1.0 Enchi butter
1.0 Enchi X Pastel
1.0 Fire het clown
1.0 Bumblebee
1.0 pinstripe

0.1 Enchi Fire
0.1 Pastel calico
0.1 Yellow belly Pinstripe
0.1 Lemon pastel poss het clown
0.1 Het clown
0.1 Yellow belly
0.1 Green Mojave
0.1 HC Albino
0.2 Normals

Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2011 :  20:32:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've had Duke since the 13th January and I'm still waiting. Not so much as a single mint imperial.

I am actually looking forward to the first one (curiosity), though I'm sure after the first one arrives I'll never look forward to it again. LOL

Go to Top of Page

Nuttierman
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
25 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2011 :  10:43:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got Yoad just over a week ago, got him home on the Tuesday, fed him on the Saturday. When I got home yesterday morning, from a lovely 12hr night shift, my wife pointed out that she thought he'd done his business. (Viv is in the bedroom and there was the sign of a little mint imperial.) Well since I was tired, I decided to wait till I had got some sleep before checking it out. When I lifted up his hot side hide, well there it was. Yes he had left a little white mint imperial, but, at the back of the hide he also left this nice big pile of poo, still steaming in the heat of the hide. What a lovely surpirse for me to clean when I woke up.

Nuttierman
1.0 Royal Pastel - Yoda
1.0 Hognose - Pumba
0.1 Spider Royal - TBD
1.0 Border Collie - Benji
Loads of Tropical Fish
Go to Top of Page

louise32
Yearling

275 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2011 :  11:27:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The day after I brought Bella home she shed. She retained the tail piece so I got her out to remove it. She peed all over my hand, and I mean waterfall, loads of the stuff. Then little 85g Bella decided to do a poo that my 20kg dog would have been proud of!!! Luckily I saw what was happening and she went back in her rub to poo while I washed the wee off my hands!!

Edited by - louise32 on 04/03/2011 11:27:44
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2011 :  12:28:14  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Mine go once a month at most.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000