New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

squiggy88
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2011 :  21:09:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
every now and again i hear little squeeks that sound as if there coming from kahns faunarium hes about a foot long and healthy but is it normal for a snake to make noise??

Amel Corn - Rocky
Ghost Corn - Snowy
GoldDust Corn - Sparkey
Royal - Kahn - RIP
Chihuahua - Harvey
Jack Russel - Trigger
Springer Spaniel - Kobi
Sports Horse - Barney

squiggy88
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2011 :  21:23:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
am i mad?

Amel Corn - Rocky
Ghost Corn - Snowy
GoldDust Corn - Sparkey
Royal - Kahn - RIP
Chihuahua - Harvey
Jack Russel - Trigger
Springer Spaniel - Kobi
Sports Horse - Barney
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2011 :  21:32:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL - no more than the rest of us - and you may have noticed that I'm BATS!

Could be Kahn's moving his setup about and causing these squeaking noises. Sometimes a snake will make odd noises before shedding, owing to skin blocking nasal passages. Worst case scenario is, of course, a respiratory infection, and this is usually best diagnosed by a vet, although there is a good sticky on how to augment antibiotics by home treatment. I'm not experienced with this (and hope never to be) but there will be more experienced people along soon who can advise you more - but it may be that there's nothing to worry about.

Go to Top of Page

squiggy88
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2011 :  21:40:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
aw good hehe i was begining to think ppl were just sat thinkin silly bint thinks her snakes talkin to her! haha

Amel Corn - Rocky
Ghost Corn - Snowy
GoldDust Corn - Sparkey
Royal - Kahn - RIP
Chihuahua - Harvey
Jack Russel - Trigger
Springer Spaniel - Kobi
Sports Horse - Barney
Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2011 :  22:17:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And on that subject i've twice heard what appears to be a snakey trump when I pick Duke up. Am I mad?

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2011 :  22:35:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No - someone else recently posted about their snake blowing a loud raspberry - followed by a spectacular result!

Only wish my corns would do the same - just had Spider out again - she went very still and her posterior began to undulate ... I grabbed the kitchen roll and caught the ensuing deluge - but it WOULD be nice if the little dears could sound a warning first!

Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2011 :  22:45:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I picked him up and as I got purchase around his middles he definetely tooted, nothing followed, just a little girly trump.

If he does that for nothing he's gonna sound like a fog horn before he goes lol.

I suppose that digestion does create gas so its only right they should let one rip every now and again.

My corn makes a pssssst noise when relieving himself.

(bet you never thought you'd be discussing this).

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2011 :  22:51:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lotabob

I picked him up and as I got purchase around his middles he definetely tooted, nothing followed, just a little girly trump.

If he does that for nothing he's gonna sound like a fog horn before he goes lol.

I suppose that digestion does create gas so its only right they should let one rip every now and again.

My corn makes a pssssst noise when relieving himself.

(bet you never thought you'd be discussing this).

LOL - I've had cats for decades - in my previous house all the litter trays were in the cellar below the dining room - it was nothing to hear a loud 'waterfall' or 'thud! thud! thud!' in the middle of a meal ...

Once one of the corns let rip in her viv, and I honestly thought a pipe had burst ...

Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2011 :  23:10:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One lump or two!

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2011 :  23:14:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

One lump or two!

LOL - I had a little black cat in those days, named Roo-Leilah. She would carefully dig a hole, and then squat with her paws in the hole and her backside hanging over the edge of the tray ... Her finest hour was when she dug her hole in tray one and scored a bullseye in tray two ...

Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2011 :  23:22:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
See that is why I don't like cats. Well that and the way they look at you as if they are working out the best way to kill you, have the ability to choose to whack you with just their paw or with their stupidly sharp knife-toes. Or the way they lick themselves whilst holding eye contact with you. Just wrong.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2011 :  23:35:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nah - they're not thinking about KILLING you - they're just sizing you up as provider of their next meal - as Finn, my ginger tom (retired) once said as I sat down to lunch, 'let's share. I'll have the chicken, you have the chips ...'

Cats are perfectly benign as long as you let them stay at the top of the food chain.

(Well trained Lil)

Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2011 :  23:42:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BurnedAtTheStake

Nah - they're not thinking about KILLING you - they're just sizing you up as provider of their next meal - as Finn, my ginger tom (retired) once said as I sat down to lunch, 'let's share. I'll have the chicken, you have the chips ...'

Cats are perfectly benign as long as you let them stay at the top of the food chain.

(Well trained Lil)

Prefer dogs, they know their place. The floor in my house is called the dog shelf, thats where dogs are kept (unless they decide the warm spot you've been sat in is better, see sig).

Edited by - Lotabob on 03/03/2011 23:43:12
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2011 :  23:46:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by BurnedAtTheStake

(Well trained Lil)

Prefer dogs, they know their place. The floor in my house is called the dog shelf, thats where dogs are kept (unless they decide the warm spot you've been sat in is better, see sig).

Ha - I see Alfie is king of the sofa! Bless him!

Go to Top of Page

BlueDragon
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
876 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2011 :  08:43:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've heard Tig fart, but Pandora, my Corn, was definatly an expert at the art! She made some scary noises from her rear end X )

My mam recons her Corn does the same loud noises as well, so maybe Royals are bad but Corns are worse?!

Just me and my zoo.
Go to Top of Page

Lancelot
Hatchling

United Kingdom
81 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2011 :  21:03:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oh no, not one of these - Are you a cat person / dog person?

only sounds i'm aware of are viv creeks and rock rocking. On one night i had a splash and a very embarrassed looking snake (fell off a branch) and i woke up the hole household laughing , lancelots look was truly classic.

''One lump or two!" - lol

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2011 :  21:13:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've owned a collie/alsatian, an alsatian, and two wirehaired jack russells - I got nothing against dogs. I just don't have one at the moment because this area's over-populated with badly-trained dogs and silly owners ...

Do quite like dogs actually.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000