New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Margwar
Yearling

United Kingdom
211 Posts

Posted - 20/03/2011 :  19:37:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How far would you travel to buy a new snake?

louise32
Yearling

275 Posts

Posted - 20/03/2011 :  19:54:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If it was the right snake at the right price distance wouldn't be an issue, I would pay for a courier.

I have had some of my corns sent to me by courier. My Royal I traveled 1 hour on the bus to collect and the 2 corns I am collecting tomorrow I will be collecting from a central London tube station! I don't drive but I try to get to places still via public transport.

Go to Top of Page

GMac
Grumpy scots admin

United Kingdom
1152 Posts

Posted - 20/03/2011 :  19:55:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have bought a few from Germany, but only had to travel from Glasgow to Chester to collect, also fingers crossed shall be travelling across to Germany to collect 4 more later in the year.

Royals, Corns, Boa, Kings, Hoggy, Ratsnakes

Go to Top of Page

hodgie
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1197 Posts

Posted - 20/03/2011 :  20:14:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I travelled from Plymouth to Kent to get my Bumblebee, had nothing better to do that day, lol, On a serious note when im spending that sort of money or more i want to see it before i part with my cash.

Royals owned "lots"

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 20/03/2011 :  20:30:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm travelling from Wakefield to Halifax tomorrow ... that's only 15 miles, but I'll set off at 12.25 and with luck I'll arrive back 4 hours later ... That's West Yorks public transport for you ...

The snake will be tucked up snugly, just hope she doesn't get too bored. I suppose it's an afternoon out.

Just don't let any inquisitive person crowd me and pester me about what I've got in that polybox ... Clear the bus lol!

Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 20/03/2011 :  21:52:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just tell them its a cobra, least then you'll get a seat on the public limo.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 20/03/2011 :  22:06:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL - more likely get turfed off the bus and have to get a taxi!

Mind you, it'd be quicker - there's only one bus an hour and it takes the scenic route ...

....Can't wait ....

Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 20/03/2011 :  22:46:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh the joys of public transport. Thank goodness for Kitkat and their win a mini every day competition. Because I did and its been just the best thing I've ever won.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2011 :  10:07:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow - did you really?

I confess I never believe anyone really wins anything in these competitions, glad you did ... that is really cool, congrats!

Go to Top of Page

louise32
Yearling

275 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2011 :  10:37:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BurnedAtTheStake

I'm travelling from Wakefield to Halifax tomorrow ... that's only 15 miles, but I'll set off at 12.25 and with luck I'll arrive back 4 hours later ... That's West Yorks public transport for you ...

The snake will be tucked up snugly, just hope she doesn't get too bored. I suppose it's an afternoon out.

Just don't let any inquisitive person crowd me and pester me about what I've got in that polybox ... Clear the bus lol!

I am bringing 2 news corns back later today on the train. I will be hiding them away in tubs and I hope no one asks whats in them. Not sure how they might react if they knew the truth

I brought Bella back on the bus, in a pillowcase all snug inside my coat. I was happy no one knew she was there!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2011 :  19:47:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, hope you came back safely with your corns.

I got my snow stripe girl today (as you'll see from my sig) - brought her home in a pillowcase in a ventilated polybox - luckily the bus wasn't too crowded and I selfishly grabbed one of those front seats where no-one can sit behind you ('reserved for the diabled and elderly') ... well, get my bus pass next year, he he ...

(Boasted elsewhere I will be a pensioner in grunge, long tangly matted hair ... and snakebox ...)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000