New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

sandi
Sub Adult

787 Posts

Posted - 20/03/2011 :  21:21:47  Show Profile  Visit sandi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Happy spring equinox!

My favourite time of year!

enjoy!

0.1.0 Royal Python - Florence
1.0.0 Boa Constrictor - Boris
1.1.0 Alaunts - Willow & Brochan

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 20/03/2011 :  21:32:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, Blessed Be to you too Sandi!

Celebrating by collecting a new snake tomorrow, a naughty snow stripe corn with 'a little bit of an attitude problem' as her seller puts it - how can I refuse her a home? Her name is to be Mistletoe, suitably Pagan, or, corny American, Missy ...

Happy Equinox to you and yours!

Go to Top of Page

sandi
Sub Adult

787 Posts

Posted - 20/03/2011 :  21:36:55  Show Profile  Visit sandi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
How very oak king! I love it! mistletoe is a good name!

Celebrated with friends so should go and sleep it off!

Blessed Be!

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 20/03/2011 :  21:42:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sandi

How very oak king! I love it! mistletoe is a good name!

Celebrated with friends so should go and sleep it off!

Blessed Be!

Blessed Be, and hangover begone!

Go to Top of Page

sandi
Sub Adult

787 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2011 :  08:44:06  Show Profile  Visit sandi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ooh my head!

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2011 :  18:14:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sandi

Ooh my head!

Ohh dear, did I make a spelling mistake?

Very sorry to hear - hope you feel better now.

Go to Top of Page

sandi
Sub Adult

787 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2011 :  19:23:46  Show Profile  Visit sandi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, think you must have done!!!
Feeling better now! had some good news yesterday plus a silly spring feeling and it clearly went to my head!

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2011 :  19:31:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh good about the good news!

I got Mistletoe - as you can see from my sig - she's beautiful and let me handle her with no trouble.

Go to Top of Page

sandi
Sub Adult

787 Posts

Posted - 22/03/2011 :  08:42:08  Show Profile  Visit sandi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh how lovely, you are clearly meant to be together! (You know shes gonna tag ya though) he he!
Seriously, i hope she turns out to be a good girl, best of luck with her. x

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 22/03/2011 :  09:35:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Sandi - yeah I'm prepared to be tagged when she finds her feet (so to speak) but although her breeder described her as 'feisty' and 'grumpy', so far she's been a very very shy girl with me, bless her. She's probably cream-crackered with all the travelling - just hope her backside didn't feel as numb as mine did!

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 22/03/2011 :  11:25:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ha - postscript - her breeder said she was a greedy feeder and would expect to be fed today, so I thought I'd try her ...

Gently cleared away scrumpled up paper (cover in addition to her hides) as a little face peeped out. RRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Her tail rattled, she whipped to and fro and then came out to investigate the intruder, looking as fierce as a small snake possibly could. I inserted the mouse into the rub (with tweezers) and she rattled again and then grabbed it, still rattling and being fierce...

Then I made the silly mistake of moving slightly; she dropped her mouse and went back into whipping and rattling again. So I apologised, replaced her rub lid and covered it with polystyrene sheets to make it dimmer, and left her to it.

Just checked - mouse gone

We've got a right one here!

No, you would not buy this one as a family pet for the kiddiwinkies, but I don't see her as having an 'attitude problem.' No, I think I'd describe her as an alternative character, quirky and outrageous ... yeah, definitely outrageous!

By heck, I've never HEARD so much tail rattling from such a tiny snake! Any snake, come to that!

She's adorable!

Welcome home, Missy!

Go to Top of Page

sandi
Sub Adult

787 Posts

Posted - 22/03/2011 :  13:25:52  Show Profile  Visit sandi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh wow, what a character! I love em like that, although better a corn than a boa with that much front eh?!!! Sounds like shes going to steal your heart!

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 22/03/2011 :  13:52:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
omg yes, I couldn't deal with a boa with that temperament, know my limitations, and yes, she's stolen my heart already. I think the little sod thinks she's a cross between a gtp and a taipan!

Have to consider how much of it is fear (no offence to the breeder - some animals just are born like this; I once bred a Siamese kitten I had to keep; she was like an autistic child but so beautiful and so rewarding when she did show some response to me or even when she didn't lol.) So I'll be dealing extra gently with Missy in the weeks to come ... yes, your heart goes out to the difficult ones, they're special!

Edited by - n/a on 22/03/2011 13:55:09
Go to Top of Page

sandi
Sub Adult

787 Posts

Posted - 22/03/2011 :  21:43:10  Show Profile  Visit sandi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, and in my case normally turn out to be special needs! I have 2 numpties for dogs! Siamese are renown for that i think, I new a Siamese cross and it would have your arm off if you let your guard down!!

My friends corn is a proper rattler, sadly he has escaped nad not turned up so i suspect he isnt with us anymore.

Flo is avoiding her food for the second week so im off to re offer and dangle it enticingly....wish me luck?!

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2011 :  10:18:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I certainly will - good luck - well, by now I hope she's eaten it!

I've heard people say Siamese are difficult - I never found them to be. Extremely bossy and charming, yes, but then so are many cats. No, my little Shashi was nothing like this; she was afraid of everything but the other cats, and would only come out and play as long as I didn't make eye contact with her. It took years to permit handling, and even then she didn't really seem aware of it. NOT a lap cat, but so lovely, bless her.

Go to Top of Page

sandi
Sub Adult

787 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2011 :  13:22:22  Show Profile  Visit sandi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No joy this week! she seemed keen but lost interest so will put her on mice for a bit, it worked last time. Boris was grateful for the leftovers!

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2011 :  14:16:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aww, sorry to hear. She'll get there!

Good old Boris!

Go to Top of Page

sandi
Sub Adult

787 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2011 :  22:16:15  Show Profile  Visit sandi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ha, he's a good dustbin!

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2011 :  20:57:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I know it's not exactly on royal topic, but just as a postscript:

Mistletoe took another meal on Sunday and came out for her first armchair walkies today ...

Attitude problem? What attitude problem?

I picked her up, she never flinched or struck, she zoomed around the climbing frame of my hands; she's zippy, like any other small corn, but perfectly behaved; she flicked her tongue and sniffed my face. Never even a tail rattle!

I realise this may not last ...

Ah, by the way, Sandi, on the subject of difficult Siamese, I do recall a story of a redpoint called 'Cardinal' - I never met him but apparently he was so bad-tempered they ended up nicknaming him 'Mardy Cardy'!

Go to Top of Page

sandi
Sub Adult

787 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2011 :  08:45:41  Show Profile  Visit sandi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh thats good to know! she must be your kin then. You'll be best mates in no time!

Mardy Cardy....good name!

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2011 :  11:19:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All my snakes and cats are my kin lol. Yes, she's a little darling, and so pretty - I don't care for pale snakes as a rule but she's the exception, bless her. She's got those enormous rat snake eyes - this is only a theory of mine but I reckon they got the stripes/motleys etc by crossing with rats - and the feistiness too, which is why some corns are tail-rattlers?

By the way, this is the great day for Boris's shed, isn't it? Or if not, it'll be very soon.

Good luck Boris!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000