New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

STICKS
Yearling

United Kingdom
408 Posts

Posted - 22/03/2011 :  16:20:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all tryed feeding Abbey this week sat no luck left it in with her all night,And again mon night rat fuzzy no again thats nothing since oct is it just the time of year or should i have a visit to the vets?? Any one else in the same boat D.

hodgie
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1197 Posts

Posted - 22/03/2011 :  17:13:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has Abbey lost any weight? if so how much and how much does she weigh. If she`s still or just slightly under weight then dont worry, if she`s lost alot of weight then assist feed may be needed.
Have you tried offering a Multi, these are like chocolate to Royals.
My male Pastel has always been a slow feeded (once a month is enough for him) he hadn`t eaten since the beginning of December and was just starting to lose weight, gone from 1000g to 900g so i offered him a Multimammate yesterday and he took it straight away. The only problem is they can become addicted to them and some people find them hard to get hold of but if you can get some they will generally do the job.

Royals owned "lots"

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 22/03/2011 :  17:30:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, my supplier, A&N Frozen Foods, does multis - and, if you've got enough snakes (and freezer space, or friends to share the cost) they are the cheapest around if you buy in bulk, that goes for rats and mice too.

Go to Top of Page

Lettsy1
Yearling

United Kingdom
147 Posts

Posted - 22/03/2011 :  17:35:59  Show Profile  Click to see Lettsy1's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I have the same prob, Sheba has had sparodic feeding since end of september, she has had 4 rats in that time but she hasnt lost any weight, infact she has gained slightly (think shes a secret fridge raider), but like Hodgie says if they haven't lost weight its not a problem (except the cost of throwing all those rats away! lol) they will feed when they are ready. I've started offering every 10-14 days now for her.

1.1.0 Royal (Dash,Sheba & Ditto)
1.1.0 Western Hognose (Frank & Grace)
0.0.1 Snow Corn (Ghost)
Go to Top of Page

STICKS
Yearling

United Kingdom
408 Posts

Posted - 22/03/2011 :  18:49:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there all thanks for getting back so fast i am a little worried i wade her 2 weeks 600g's. She is only a little one at 3yrs and 3ft. she seems very active at night i tidy up every day when i change the water and in the morning it's all over the place think i will look into getting some multis first i think assist feed should be last on the list. Mind you my day starts at 03.30am. Alfie was out today when i got up sitting at the hot end. thanks for help guy's will let you know.D.
Go to Top of Page

hodgie
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1197 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2011 :  08:43:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One other little trick is to leave the rat or multi to thaw out as close to an air vent on the viv as possible, gives the snake plenty of time to smell the pray and possibly get those hunger feelings going,

Royals owned "lots"

Edited by - hodgie on 23/03/2011 16:42:38
Go to Top of Page

STICKS
Yearling

United Kingdom
408 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2011 :  18:00:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there thanks H good tip will give her till the weekend may put it on the rad which is next to the air vent thanks again D.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000