New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Margwar
Yearling

United Kingdom
211 Posts

Posted - 25/03/2011 :  17:25:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So, I got a job yesterday, and as a congratulation type present, Leaim bought me a new snake. I've been wanting a new snake for a long time, and we recently got a free vivarium, so went snake shopping, but originally decided to wait for a little while, and save some money to get one, but I fell in love with this one, it's called a Ruby Eye Lavender king snake, so here it is.

He/She, we're unsure, weighs 35grams, I can't measure him properly, he's about 18 inchesish, but again I'm not sure as he won't stretch out properly for me to measure. He's called Cormoran, which is a Cornish giant, if it turns out to be female, she shall be called Cormelian.

louise32
Yearling

275 Posts

Posted - 25/03/2011 :  17:39:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OMG that is one gorgeous King snake!

You will have to join the king forum and show him off there!

http://www.thekingsnake.co.uk/forum/default.asp
Go to Top of Page

Margwar
Yearling

United Kingdom
211 Posts

Posted - 25/03/2011 :  17:54:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've already joined! I joined a few weeks ago when I was planning on getting a king snake, I'll post over on there later on. We've just fed him a pinky, as he was due a feed tonight and we thought we'd try it, he shocked us to be honest! He struck it and ate it, then struck the side of his faun to get to my fingers! I've handled him a little bit, and he's a bit jumpy but once he's on my hand he's fine, going to leave him to settle in for a week or so now.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 25/03/2011 :  18:34:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh gorgeous!

Very very pretty, and, yes a complete culture shock after a royal, but why not indeed? Never been drawn towards kings, although my new corn Mistletoe may convince me otherwise - she thinks she is one - either that or a gtp lol.

'Feisty' snakes can be fascinating - angelic little devils!]

Go to Top of Page

Margwar
Yearling

United Kingdom
211 Posts

Posted - 25/03/2011 :  18:44:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thankies, I've never really been drawn towards any colubrids, but after seeing a friends and spending about 15 minutes with it wrapped around my arm, I was pretty happy and keen to get one, then I saw this one, well a photo of one similar on line after seeing that the local reptile shop had one, and I just fell in love.

Go to Top of Page

sandi
Sub Adult

787 Posts

Posted - 25/03/2011 :  21:42:20  Show Profile  Visit sandi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Very pretty! I'm not drawn to them either but i have to say that they are very beautiful!

0.1.0 Royal Python - Florence
1.0.0 Boa Constrictor - Boris
1.1.0 Alaunts - Willow & Brochan
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000