Strange !!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tawfik47
Fully Grown Royal

Czech Republic
1584 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2011 :  09:10:34  Show Profile  Click to see Tawfik47's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Still I could raise the temperature to 88 F in the hot spot.
So i have 75 F in the hot spot and 67 F in the cool spot.
But the strange thing is that my snake prefer to be in the hide that is in the cool side !! more than being in the hide in the hot spot which is just 75 F !!
Anyone have an explanation ?

1.0.0 Common Boa - Revo CB13

I had a royal python (Blitz) for two years for those who are wondering what I'm doing here with my boa :D

Tawfik47
Fully Grown Royal

Czech Republic
1584 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2011 :  09:11:21  Show Profile  Click to see Tawfik47's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Sorry, I meant " Still i COULDN'T raise the temperature to 88 F in the hot spot."

I had a royal python (Blitz) for two years for those who are wondering what I'm doing here with my boa :D
Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2011 :  09:55:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Duke is the same, it could be that the cool end hide makes him feel more secure but more than likely is he is warm enough. Duke will go sit under his lamp for a bit then when he is hot enough go into his cooler hide. (I've noticed my new Boa doing exactly the same thing) My guess is ambient is warm enough for them and they only use the hot spot when they need a little extra warmth.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2011 :  11:12:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Same here - even with identical hides in cool and warm ends, I find they usually stay in their cool ends.

Hope you get your temps sorted out soon.

Go to Top of Page

Tawfik47
Fully Grown Royal

Czech Republic
1584 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2011 :  13:14:13  Show Profile  Click to see Tawfik47's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
That's good, because I thought there's something wrong with Blitz.
You know, it's my first snake ever :D so I'm little worry about it.

Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2011 :  13:36:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah you need to get used to that feeling, it doesn't go away you just tolerate it more.

Go to Top of Page

STICKS
Yearling

United Kingdom
408 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2011 :  19:01:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there my 2 also have there hide caves at the cool end and thats where thay spend all of there time in the day.When i get up for work at 03.30 there at the hot end good luck D.
Go to Top of Page

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2011 :  01:06:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
should u get identical hides then for each end?

www.facebook.com/Thehogbox

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2011 :  12:42:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Laws

should u get identical hides then for each end?

Hi, not unless you want to - it's not necessary. I just mentioned it because because it seemed to mean in her case that the snake wasn't using a favourite hide, but definitely favoured her cool end. Two of my royals have an assortment of different hides; Surahi has identical ones but it wasn't planned; it just happened.

Go to Top of Page

Lancelot
Hatchling

United Kingdom
81 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2011 :  22:15:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lancelots cool end ended turned out to be in the branches above which looks rather cool as she drapes al little. She doesn't used the cool end except for drinking from which to start with i wasn't expecting , she just loves those branches which were prior was meant for use in parrot cages

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000