Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2011 :  22:33:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sanke: 'Now I've seen you have a load of bowls in that cupboard under the fish tank, why have you given me this thimble'.

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2011 :  23:03:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thimble?

More like a bidet - or do I mean boa-det??

Cute!!

Go to Top of Page

sandi
Sub Adult

787 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2011 :  09:16:13  Show Profile  Visit sandi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Cute! They do like to squeeze into any water dish offered! Boris loves his bath, i have one big enough to lay in, its an oven dish which amuses tom, he threatened to pop him in at gas mark 5 for an hour and serve with a green salad!
I put a smaller bowl in the hot end last week to help raise humidity he got in and ended up looking like sanke!

0.1.0 Royal Python - Florence
1.0.0 Boa Constrictor - Boris
1.1.0 Alaunts - Willow & Brochan
Go to Top of Page

BlueDragon
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
876 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2011 :  10:00:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aww, bless. What a cute face : 3

Lotabob, your very cruel! Give the poor thing a bigger water bowl, your embaressing him! X )

Just me and my zoo.
Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2011 :  19:28:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lol, he punished me for it this morning. I have NEVER had my nostrils assaulted before but wow that smell was powerful. Boa poop smells sickly sweet almost. I spot cleaned, went to work and when I got back I could still smell it, had to strip the RUB down and deep clean it, Sanke had manage to get some under the heat mat (??) and it was busily cooking sunny side up. He has his other bowl in now but has lost interest.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2011 :  20:22:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ohh you have my sympathies! I've been muck shovelling for decades but I shall never get used to it!

Surahi shed last night (belly much improved) and I found the shed liquefying in a lake of ...yes, well. Say no more. Put it this way I was unable to check it over but she looks fine. Stumbling off to bed when a corn required chambermaid service. Today my elderly tomcat used his tray and had a little afterthought on the bathroom mat. Dashing in to do Missy's water bowl while she ate her mouse, I didn't realise till too late ... yes, Uggh boots.

Downstairs another corn required chambermaid service.

And I had a slight hangover ...

What we let ourselves in for eh? I mean, babies grow out of nappies, but snake keepers are doomed to this for 30 years!

Go to Top of Page

BlueDragon
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
876 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2011 :  12:15:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah, yes, but it all keeps us busy. What would we do without all this work to get through?

My Corn used to like to cook her poops as well... god knows why! She was always doing it : / I actually had to replace a heatmat once 'cause it had managed to seep it's way through the two layers either side of the heating elements 0_0

Just me and my zoo.
Go to Top of Page

STICKS
Yearling

United Kingdom
408 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2011 :  20:29:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there nice pic boa's do like to poo & wee in there water.
Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2011 :  07:48:47  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Oh my god bob I am absolutely in love with your boa. I love his light colour so much. where did you get him from??

1.2 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey

Edited by - reptiledanny on 06/04/2011 19:55:05
Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2011 :  23:34:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by reptiledanny

Oh my god bob I am absolutely in love with your boa. I love his light colour so much. where did you get him from??

Aww thanks, he is lovely, he goes lighter than that too, thats his through the day darker colour. he is from City Reptiles in Belfast.

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2011 :  09:05:49  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
wow, you need to put some photos up from when he is even lighter than that

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2011 :  09:09:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just had a fish through my pictures and these ones are taken with him looking very light.

PINK

BLUE

Edited by - Lotabob on 10/04/2011 09:17:12
Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2011 :  09:45:20  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
wow, i have some persuading to parents to do now, i am so in love with hoggs now

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2011 :  09:52:26  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Certainly is a cutiee

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/
Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2011 :  11:03:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think its amazing how different he looks. He is quite sandy coloured through the day and his markings are a rusty colour, in the evenings he goes quite pink and at night when the lights have been off he goes a very pale blueish looking colour. I wouldn't have believed it myself that the colour change thing is so distinct and all the time but its amazing.

I am working out a way to photograph him several times in a day but under controlled lighting conditions and manual camera setup to properly document the changes.

Edited by - Lotabob on 10/04/2011 11:05:13
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2011 :  12:27:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bob.

I am not talking to you.

I am now helplessly in love with Hogg Island boas and the only way I can make space for one is not to breed my royals (or else breed them and sell all the offspring, which will NEVER happen ...)

I mean, a boa that doesn't grow too big and is a hell of a lot more fun than a fibre-optic lamp ...

He is just FABULOUS!

Aaaagh!

Decisions!

Dilemmas!!!!

Fun, though.

Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2011 :  13:31:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
PMSL, it happened to me too, the shop I visit lots has an adult, he is a rescue and has a few problems but he is just incredible looking the second I found out he had a few babies at home I just had to have one. From day 1 he has just been amazing too, not one bit shy, always wanting to climb me even if I'm just changing the water, he reminds me of a merekat or the raptors in Jurassic park (that aren't really raptors grr), every time he feels any movements I see this little head pop up out of the foliage in his RUB and have a good look round.

Basically BATS and reptiledanny you need a Boa in your life.

Edited by - Lotabob on 10/04/2011 13:32:51
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2011 :  13:54:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOLLOLLOL ... groan!!

You have me seriously thinking!

It may be that Lil's Royal Wedding will not happen next autumn ...

It COULD be arranged that a Hogg Island could happen in this house, as all the royals and most of the corns could go upstairs and the boa and a corn could live in the living room (in separate vivs of course) with a little rearrangement of housing. I understand that it's not desirable to keep boas in proximity to royals because of the danger of IBD (or is that just scaremongering?) And do the same precautions apply to colubrids? Must google this.

I really am tempted - after all I've got three royals (and 6 gorgeous corns) - this could be a whole new direction!

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2011 :  14:37:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And guess what, there is a cb10 on preloved, in the next city to me, £200 ono plus rub etc.

Not going to rush into this, but, interesting ...

What really made me laugh is the photo of the 4 HIBs ...

for sale in (wait for it)

CRAWLEY, West Sussex!

ps...Erm ... responded to that ad. Is that a fair price, do you think?

Edited by - n/a on 10/04/2011 15:01:11
Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2011 :  15:30:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I paid £150 just for the snake so yeah good price. Good luck with the negotiations.

Just had a sneaky spy on the 2 ads, go for the 4 lol. The one in Leeds isn't far at all!

Edited by - Lotabob on 10/04/2011 15:34:08
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2011 :  16:21:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL - no way can I get down to Crawley but Leeds is reachable by bus/train. Thinking of making an offer for boa without setup, as I'm awash with spare rubs/mats/stats.

The vendor hasn't been back to me yet but been thinking of names. For quite some while now I've been haunted by the name Sula, which is Old Norse for 'gannet'.

Was googling Hogg Island and Honduras and looking out for likely names, when I spotted the mention of a city - San Pedro Sula (San Pedro in the valley of the birds ...)

That guy has to get back to me. It's meant.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000