Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2011 :  13:32:56  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Nice ^^

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2011 :  13:35:58  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Might be worth keeping it a casual business for now then, buy a new snake every other month or so keep putting a little money aside for it and keep breeding until I'm reading to make the jump, if ever.

Or it might be better to just keep putting money aside for the next years then buy a few high end morphs and breed them, start off that way.

Whatever I do I'll have to do my security alongside it of course until it's really off the ground and going strong. But then I guess if I do that I run the risk of buying a few that won't breed, but I guess I can always fatten them up and sell them on again if I get short of money ... Hmm tricky stuff

Edited by - Kelfezond on 12/04/2011 13:36:44
Go to Top of Page

karl
Fully Grown Royal

1069 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2011 :  15:19:35  Show Profile  Visit karl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
if you always have the money to one side for a special priced snake it comes in handy mind ;)

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2011 :  15:22:55  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I think I'll just put some money aside from each wage I earn into a snakey fund and if/when I see a nice bargain morph that could do me well I'll get it and work one snake at a time.

Go to Top of Page

MrsA82
Yearling

United Kingdom
437 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2011 :  15:25:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Were doing the same just a hobbie
We got 4 morphs at the moment with the intent of getting 2 more females
And see how it goes

We've also got feeder mice and rats to soften the blow of buying df mice and rats
Will help as we worked out it would cost about £30 a month with food

2.4.0 Royal python
0.0.2 Cornsnake
1.1.0 Extreme red Albino Hognose
2.2.1 Crested Gecko
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2011 :  15:34:34  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Gone over the idea with the missus and decided we'll give it a crack as a hobby first, going to put aside some money each week for snakes and see what we can do.

Go to Top of Page

MrsA82
Yearling

United Kingdom
437 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2011 :  15:39:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If I was you I'd go for a pastel
For the pinstripe = lemon blast :)

Mojave = pinstripe = jigsaw :)
Take a look here for the combos you can get

http://www.worldofballpythons.com/wizard/

Id like some fires and yellow belleys as I like White royals :)

But I'm sticking with the original plan for 3 years and see where it goes

2.4.0 Royal python
0.0.2 Cornsnake
2.2.1 Crested Gecko
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon

Edited by - MrsA82 on 12/04/2011 15:43:27
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2011 :  15:51:59  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I already know most of the combos I'm going for at the moment, I think I'll buy a pewter next as I want a cinnamon for future breeds and I might as well get the free Pastel gene with it :P

Go to Top of Page

MrsA82
Yearling

United Kingdom
437 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2011 :  15:53:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cool
What are you going for

2.4.0 Royal python
0.0.2 Cornsnake
2.2.1 Crested Gecko
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2011 :  16:18:16  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'll put my pinstripe to my axanthic first for some pin het axans they'll go back in later years for my favourite morph, can always put the pin and moj together for a jigsaw at some point too, got my het pieds breeding at some point so should be able to pie-a-fy something along the years too ^^ probably try to get a super cinnamon piebald somewhere that would look pretty

Go to Top of Page

MrsA82
Yearling

United Kingdom
437 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2011 :  16:32:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds interested good luck with it all

2.4.0 Royal python
0.0.2 Cornsnake
2.2.1 Crested Gecko
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
Go to Top of Page

reptilemadd
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2011 :  18:05:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got a "Het clown" male for my first royal and have a female on order to do the same as you kelf, thinking there doesn't seem to be that many clowns on offer in this country or even clown combos, but after reading mays issue of practicle reptile keeping there is at least one breeder that has a few "clown combos" in his collection (www.albinosunlimited.com) check it out some amazing snakes, which makes my point about you don't really know about something untill you get into it.

Anyway back to the point of this post Kelf if you go to companies house for a small fee you can view the financial records of any company registered, so it might be having a look if some of the bigger breeders in the UK are registered and see just how much there actual turnover was for the past financial year, that might give you a better idea if it is worth it, not forgetting that for every one registered breeder there will probably be at least two that aren't, but if it were me I'd do what you are and put a bit away each month then have a nice relaxing holiday in the states, near your favourite breeder and make a bulk purchase from them, you could even right the cost of the holiday as a business expense lol

1.0.0 beardie "magic"
1.1.0 100% Het Clown "Cerberus" and "Artemis"
0.1.0 Poss Calico "Ariadne"
1.0.0 Lesser " Kronos"
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2011 :  18:12:03  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hahaha that sounds like an epic plan

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2011 :  19:13:28  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i would keep it as a hobby for now, and just buy the snakes you like and want, and then in a couple of years time breed and then see how it goes from there, to compete with the breeders nowadays you would have to have a huge stock and breed your own food and have lots of cost efficient things

1.2 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

STICKS
Yearling

United Kingdom
408 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2011 :  19:14:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there scar a dad that would be a great combo and a nice size to if thay all come out like dad all the best D PS how's the boa what did the vet say sorry to change the sub.
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2011 :  19:29:24  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Boa is doing well, took a few injections but her throats looking much better now :) thanks for the concern

Go to Top of Page

Tawfik47
Fully Grown Royal

Czech Republic
1584 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2011 :  20:49:01  Show Profile  Click to see Tawfik47's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hey, I don't have any idea to you since i'm a new owner of a snake, but i wish you LUCK Kelf :)
whatever you wanna do

1.0.0 Common Boa - Revo CB13

I had a royal python (Blitz) for two years for those who are wondering what I'm doing here with my boa :D
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000