New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 24/04/2011 :  00:47:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

kodi has been a mardy maddam the last few days waiting to take her clothes off , came home to a lovely shiney snake , and ive noticed some of her colouring has got lighter and brighter too !

www.facebook.com/Thehogbox

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 24/04/2011 :  11:38:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bless her! They do, they just go on looking better and better with each shed. Buffy, who's just the usual normal rusty/buff carolina, is nearly 2 and every time I look at her I gasp - her colouration's stunning.

You know, you're tempting hell out of me with those pics. I've been wanting a caramel corn for over a year now, and if I can only squeeze another viv in somewhere ...

She is truly beautiful, and she will just get more and more marvellous. Love royals and gophers but would never be without my corns ... ah for a bigger house eh?

Go to Top of Page

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 24/04/2011 :  15:05:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's what my other half said to me when I asked for another snake , when we get a bigger house lol ! I wouldn't be without the corns either . I've just had a very tempting offer on a royal tho ...hmmmmm

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 24/04/2011 :  17:30:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like you have another snake in the offing - go for it!

Go to Top of Page

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 24/04/2011 :  20:18:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My OH won't let me , otherwise I wud have ripped his hand off for him :( boooooo hissss !! U should get a caramel motley :D zac is using both hides now regularly :D

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 24/04/2011 :  20:25:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aww, shame about the royal, but good that Zac is using both hides.

Errrmmm, have a confession to make ...

Got a caramel motley corn on order (and viv too) ...

And that's the LAST, the LASTEST snake in this house ... alas!

Go to Top of Page

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 24/04/2011 :  23:07:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oh bats , lol , i feel bad i didnt mean take me literally hehehe ! but yay ! i wanna see pics ! kodi is gorgeous , her belly is so white now shes shed . she wants feeding shes staring me out lol . yeah zac has been moving back and forth between the two hides , i think before he didnt feel the cornflake box was any good as a hide as he was always in his warm end....maybe he will eat now! lol . awh so want that royal tho , full set up for very very cheap :( :( darent bring it up with the missus again tho , she said no :(

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 25/04/2011 :  10:38:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL - no need to feel bad - I'd had my eye on that snake for a few days and had ordered it before you made your post saying I should have one. Previous to that the same place had had a caramel and caramel motley that were being very very hard to resist - when this new hatchling came in I was lost...

Like I say, I saw one last year and loved them. It was meant!

Blimey, though, imagine the time I'll have to spend, taking this lot for armchair walkies ...

Aww, you will have to turn on the charm and whisper sweet nothings in your OH's ear until you get your way about that royal!

Go to Top of Page

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 25/04/2011 :  22:39:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hehe we are on a hands off with ours still kodi got fed last nite , kai's tummy is settling after a regurge :( and zac is still settling in . more reason to get another , but no means no , despite bein a blinking good deal ! maybe for my bday ;) i dont kno what it is that makes snakes so addictive ??

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2011 :  17:57:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I've got my cm corn - she arrived yesterday, tiny little bootlace and so beautiful, but she's hiding away at the moment and I try not to disturb her - just going in there to check temps, holding my breath, she's so tiny and fragile - I'd forgotten what hatchlings were like.

Her name's Shiloh, which means 'gift' - ah that fits, she was my Easter present to me!

Go to Top of Page

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2011 :  12:52:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeyeye ! congrats on little shiloh! i would like to see pics :D hows the royals ? tell me bats that it gets better keeping them ? we still havent seen much of zac , we are due to try and feed him again tonite but i feel nervous about it now . his last feed was the 25th march . he weighed 194 grams last time we got him out . but we cant handle him if he wont eat :(

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2011 :  14:51:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, Laws, Shiloh's gone to ground in her new viv but I've got the camera on standby for if she has an explore - as she will. I'm so thrilled with her ... well, with them all.

Today I had to give Shahi a good cleanout - he took a dump last week and also flooded his viv, and of course I cleaned, but could still catch a whiff, so reckoned it was high time I bottomed the viv, so to speak. Now he's a year old, a cf10, and he started off in a very poor way with feeding, and then luckily decided to become a gannet, but in the new year he did the Big Fast and has only been eating regularly for a month, so, like you with Zac, it's been hands off.

What is it with royals? They spend most of their time hiding; they have weird eating habits ... but when I picked Shahi up to put him into his spare container while I cleaned it was ... omg, doesn't your heart just melt? Afterwards he had a bit of an armchair walkies on the bed. Surahi and Saada are just the same. I scarcely see them but when they can and do spend time with me I feel so honoured ...

You're doing the best thing for Zac by letting him do his own thing at the moment. Don't worry if he doesn't eat tonight; some are still fasting - Surahi certainly is, and I've heard of a royal who didn't fast until the spring. Zac looks nice and chunky in his pic, too - he's not going to waste away overnight. It IS reassuring when they do start feeding again though - as Zac will.

I don't know about royal keeping getting better - they'll always be the same - hide away from us and then turn on the charm when they do appear ... I suppose people are correct in calling them 'wild animals' - a bit like having a fox or hedgehog in your garden that you don't see every day ...I think that that elusiveness is part of their charisma, maybe ...

I think they've got us just where they want us. Slaves to them.

Go to Top of Page

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2011 :  00:48:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hows shiloh gettin on bats ? we tried zac again , he showed more interest this time , as in kept edging his head out and his tongue was going like crazy , but we still woke up to the mouse the next day . wondering whether its time to think about puttin him into a faun inside the viv , hes about three quarters the length of the viv , but we have noticed when he does start to come out his head always in an S shape like hes scared? the viv is 30 x 18 x 15 ? what do u think ? hes alternating his hides now and using both . just wonderin what we can try ? we have thought about taking him back to the shop so they can maybe show us how to assist , but i wanna try everything before that ?
kai had a regurge ten days ago , so we have put a tiny pink in for him , but hes not shown as much interest as normal . im a stressed snake mommy at the min :( kodi ate tonite like a dream tho

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2011 :  11:27:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, my personal feeling would be that to change his habitat would stress him more than leaving him where he is. He's moving round his viv and claiming it as his, and I'm a fan of plenty of space, plenty of hides - I know the opposite view is 'small spaces = security' but I think that if they have plenty of small spaces and cover to choose from, as Zac has, then they will still feel secure. I think that S shape posture is pretty customary with royals - they're a shy and wary snake and he's still new. I still see it with mine - then they relax a little, the tongue starts flicking ... Or they decide they don't know me and retreat ...Typical.

It's good that he's showing interest in his food. He hasn't been with you that long - some snakes take longer to settle in than others. He'll eat when he's ready, which is cold comfort, I know. Been there done that - you end up despairing, but they eat in the end, awkward little gits!

Goood luck with Kai - sorry to hear about his regurge. Refusing his pinky won't hurt him; it'll give his stomach a longer rest. It's worrying when they're tiny; you have the urge to feed them up before they fade away. They don't. My Cy's a year old now and I bought her with a poor feeding record (she's only got one eye; I was afraid nobody else would have her.) She eats when she feels like it, and she's still with me, little madam lol.

Glad Kodi ate well for you. My Shiloh's still hiding but I'm letting her take her time. I've told her I WOULD like to see something of her this year, though lol ...

Good luck - you'll get there.

Go to Top of Page

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2011 :  16:15:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah we just aren't sure , as his enclosure we got him from was only a faun type thing , but he does move in the nite . I'm sure a few more weeks will be ok . He did show more interest which was encouraging . Kai left his pinky , he's a skinny snake so I think he has had a slow start , altho we got a big feesding record he hasn't long gone onto 2 pinks at a time . But then there is the debate whether he is a hypo butter , so it cud have been the wrong record . Accorsding to it , if he is the hypo butter , he's a year old , but very skinny and long ! He's had the 9 days to recover and will try him in another 5 or so . He hasn't been as active as normal so I'm guessin he's still under the weather . If only they cud talk !

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000