New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mamma
Yearling

United Kingdom
140 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2011 :  10:08:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Im going to be getting digital scales to weigh my corn, king, and royal. Which would be the best?

Im looking on Ebay and most of them go up to 5kg.. would they be ok for now?

I dont know how old Rocco is... the woman who sold me him said she thought he was about 2 as she had had him a year. But by looking at the pictures and speaking to other Royal owners it was suggested that he was probably closer to 18 months, but weighing him would be the best idea to find his age.

I have normal kitchen scales but they of course wont be as accurate. Thank you for any advice xx

3.2 cornsnakes 0.1 mexican black kingsnake 1.0 albino californian kingsnake 1.0 pueblan milksnake
1.0 western hognose 1.0 vip t+ albino blood python 1.0 royal python 0.1 hog island boa

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2011 :  10:42:41  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Royal shouldn't ever pass 5 kg although i've seen a huge one that looked about 4kg before :p any digi scales should do I use kitchen ones myself

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Yearling

United Kingdom
140 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2011 :  10:53:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you very much I will order the ones I have been looking at then. xx

3.2 cornsnakes 0.1 mexican black kingsnake 1.0 albino californian kingsnake 1.0 pueblan milksnake
1.0 western hognose 1.0 vip t+ albino blood python 1.0 royal python 0.1 hog island boa
Go to Top of Page

markmifsud
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
534 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2011 :  11:05:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I bought a digital scale from Sainsbury, £9.99. It has auto TARE also, so put a small rub on the scale and turm on, its auto set to 00.00, put the snake in the rub and I have the weight.

1.1.0 Pastal Ball
1.0.0 Normal Ball aged 7(ish)
0.1.0 Normal Ball aged 7(ish)

Bromley. SE London
Go to Top of Page

sandi
Sub Adult

787 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2011 :  16:00:00  Show Profile  Visit sandi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by markmifsud

I bought a digital scale from Sainsbury, £9.99. It has auto TARE also, so put a small rub on the scale and turm on, its auto set to 00.00, put the snake in the rub and I have the weight.

I have scales from asda for the same price and they have this option too, Its a bonus being able to weigh this way.

0.1.0 Royal Python - Florence
1.0.0 Boa Constrictor - Boris
1.1.0 Alaunts - Willow & Brochan
Go to Top of Page

Dio
Yearling

United Kingdom
297 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2011 :  19:44:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got some scales off Amazon for £6 that go upto 5kg. They are quite good for the price.

0.0.1 Royal Python (Dio)
0.1.0 Angora Cat (Blue)
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Yearling

United Kingdom
140 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2011 :  20:06:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys I ordered some from Ebay Fingers crossed they will be here soon.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000