Royal Python - General Keeping information
 So frustrating!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sandi
Sub Adult

787 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2011 :  22:18:05  Show Profile  Visit sandi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Florence is doing my head in tonight! I love her to bits but honestly i think she was dropped on her head as a baby.

Trying to feed her...First she struck at the heat lamp so missed the rat and put herself off. Then she struck at me and missed the rat, (missed me too thankfully) Then she faffed about not sure if it was safe to eat. Then i heated it up again with a hair dryer, she struck at it and then dropped it and put herself off again. Finally, she struck and got it by the ear....I bl**dy ask you?...the sodding ear!!! So...having dragged the poor wee rat about by the lug hole, she is now trying to fold it in half and eat it by its middle.

Boris, on the other hand has just had a rat while languishing in his tree! if that was Flo, she would have fallen out and broken her neck!

Beats watching telly i suppose!

0.1.0 Royal Python - Florence
1.0.0 Boa Constrictor - Boris
1.1.0 Alaunts - Willow & Brochan

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2011 :  22:22:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HAHA marching the rat off to the head master, just think of the entertainment value, its better than dancing on ice of other such bull-moose. Sanke always eats bum first and it takes her about 20 minutes to get it right, running around with her mouth open, I sometimes want to pin her down put the head in her mouth and shout at her until she takes it the easier way.

Go to Top of Page

infatuateddrummer
Yearling

United Kingdom
150 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2011 :  22:27:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
think it must be something in the air!!! damien wasnt interested tonight then came and investigated!! running its tongue all over it!! re heated with the mrs hairdryer n still nothin just recoiled in his hide in strike mode so i popped the mouses head into the hide then boom powerfull take!! i wouldnt be without him tho!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2011 :  23:36:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hahaha readin thats made me laugh . zac just sits about 2 inches away from his mice and never eats them . i feel like shouting "its safe , just eat it , no one is goin to eat u!!"

www.facebook.com/Thehogbox

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2011 :  00:31:04  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Could be worse Sandi I just tried feeding my Boa, Pandora. She comes up all sneaky like at the rat then as she's really close the whiskers tickle her nose and she shakes her head like a dog and backs off again, did this 4 times before my arm started to ache then did it another 2 times while the rat was just laying in her viv :P

I can't even get her to bite the thing

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/
Go to Top of Page

sandi
Sub Adult

787 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2011 :  08:31:11  Show Profile  Visit sandi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Kelf, Sorry your having feeding probs with pandora.

Flo ate the rat in the end last night but it took her an age! Should be gratefull that she is eatng again i suppose!

0.1.0 Royal Python - Florence
1.0.0 Boa Constrictor - Boris
1.1.0 Alaunts - Willow & Brochan
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2011 :  09:41:11  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Glad she's eating even if she's a little. .... strange ^^

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/
Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2011 :  12:57:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kelfezond

Could be worse Sandi I just tried feeding my Boa, Pandora. She comes up all sneaky like at the rat then as she's really close the whiskers tickle her nose and she shakes her head like a dog and backs off again, did this 4 times before my arm started to ache then did it another 2 times while the rat was just laying in her viv :P

I can't even get her to bite the thing

Give it a shave first.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000