Other Reptile Photos
 Tree boa!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sandi
Sub Adult

787 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2011 :  22:25:51  Show Profile  Visit sandi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Boris was a bit shy of his new house and the tree in it but now its his new favourite place!

I spy dinner!

Yumm yumm...

0.1.0 Royal Python - Florence
1.0.0 Boa Constrictor - Boris
1.1.0 Alaunts - Willow & Brochan

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2011 :  22:55:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow big lad, lovely bit of branchage there. I have spied a massive twisty branch in a garden near work, I'm seriously considering knocking the door and offering him a 20 for it.

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2011 :  00:32:31  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Niiiiiiice!

I'm planning on buying another boa later so I can see the fun stages of their life where they're not too fat to do anything :P

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/
Go to Top of Page

sandi
Sub Adult

787 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2011 :  08:24:19  Show Profile  Visit sandi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys! He stayed in the tree all night, found him there this morning but then when the lights came on he went under his hide.

Kelf, you better get a boy then or else you will need a mature oak tree!

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2011 :  09:42:19  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
lol yeah I'll probably look into getting a male BCI, Pandora is too fat for climbing.. or moving .. or mostly anything actually :P

Go to Top of Page

sandi
Sub Adult

787 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2011 :  14:19:27  Show Profile  Visit sandi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Perhaps you could rescue one? Thats how boris came to me!

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2011 :  14:28:04  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I have bought one of these java branch things for birds like yours, how did u attach it to the viv?? Boris looks amazing on it, maya loves her branches in her rub and loved them in her viv, so hopefully she will love the branch I got her one day in her big 4ft viv

1.2 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

STICKS
Yearling

United Kingdom
408 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2011 :  16:06:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi sandi very nice seems to have settled in nicely.
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2011 :  17:02:30  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'd love to rescue one but I have no idea i'd find one needing rescuing

Go to Top of Page

sandi
Sub Adult

787 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2011 :  12:15:47  Show Profile  Visit sandi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by reptiledanny

I have bought one of these java branch things for birds like yours, how did u attach it to the viv?? Boris looks amazing on it, maya loves her branches in her rub and loved them in her viv, so hopefully she will love the branch I got her one day in her big 4ft viv

The branch came with a large bolt fitted in it so i drilled a 10mm,(tight) hole in the back wall of the viv, Made of 18mm mdf, to take the weight. I used 2 very large disk washers to help support it and a wing nut which i cant get tight enough by hand so plan to replace with a normal nut and use a spanner.

I have drilled a second hole and plan to put up another branch to make a tree like canopy for him. Its hotter up high so adds another thermal level for him too.

Go to Top of Page

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2011 :  13:59:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
kelf there are looooads of bci males about on preloved and rfuk , ive been looking as i want a get a boa in september after our holidays , i just want a smaller one thats not gona get too chunky or hard for my missus to handle as shes only 5 foot herself lol

www.facebook.com/Thehogbox

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2011 :  14:10:59  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Noo laws you're mistaken, you want a big chunky one that your missus can't handle so whenever the viv needs cleaning you can say "Well you can hold the boa and I'll do the cleaning" then she'll have to say "I can't hold the boa she's too big I'll do the cleaning.....wait...you son of a!"

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2011 :  14:25:15  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ye the piece I have has a big bolt on it as it is meant to go inbetween bird cages. I was planning on making a hole for it to go in and then seeing how it goes, but I won't have the viv until at least christmas so have plenty of time to think up something lol.
I love the idea of having some on the roof so they can rest up there out the way but getting all the heat they need.
On a side note, what size bulb do u use to heat your 4ft as I have a. 100 watt in my royals 3ft, and was thinking would 100 watt be enbough to heat a 4x18 inchx e6t high viv, or would a 150 watt be better

1.2 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2011 :  14:31:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lol @ kelf , she hold all the snakes now and I seem to be on poo duty haha ! Mind u one of the corns like to poo on her anyways , so she may well just clean the boa out in the end , wudnt want a boa to poo on u I'm sure ! Still doin my nut trying to find the one that will suit us both ! Have u looked on pre loved ? And I def wanna get one of these branches for the boa dude wen we get him x

www.facebook.com/Thehogbox

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2011 :  15:08:34  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
No point me looking yet I won't be able to get it until I move into my new place

Go to Top of Page

sandi
Sub Adult

787 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2011 :  16:23:03  Show Profile  Visit sandi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by reptiledanny

Ye the piece I have has a big bolt on it as it is meant to go inbetween bird cages. I was planning on making a hole for it to go in and then seeing how it goes, but I won't have the viv until at least christmas so have plenty of time to think up something lol.
I love the idea of having some on the roof so they can rest up there out the way but getting all the heat they need.
On a side note, what size bulb do u use to heat your 4ft as I have a. 100 watt in my royals 3ft, and was thinking would 100 watt be enbough to heat a 4x18 inchx e6t high viv, or would a 150 watt be better

I started out with a 150w ceramic but it only just got hot enough so i got a 250w in there now which is much more efficient as the stat turns it off for longer periods. my viv is 4.5ft x 2ft and 2.5 high so you might get away with a 150w.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000