New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Margwar
Yearling

United Kingdom
211 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2011 :  08:46:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Now, as most of you know, my partner and myself are not new to keeping Royals, so this is a bit of a weird one for us.
We bought Serenity last week from a woman who needed to make room for her daughter coming back home.
Now the woman said 4 years ago it was bought for her son by his grandma for £70, which would lead us to believe she is Normal, but being stupid, we didn't think to ask if she was actually bought as a Normal, or anything else.
The more I look at her, the more I wonder if she has something else in her
The below pictures aren't very good, a mixture of a shaking hand, moving snake, camera phone and bright early morning sun don't bode well for taking decent in focus photos, but hopefully you'll get the idea.
I'm not going to be annoyed or anything if she is Normal, I'm just wondering if there is a morph there, or if it's just a lot of wishful thinking on my behalf.
God, I wish I'd asked what she was bought as!
Head shot on very first day

On this one, there seems to be a lot of blushing on the side of her neck, the photos don't show it too well, but it's a lot paler than the rest of her

Belly Shot

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2011 :  11:23:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is that sepia colouration more obvious in daylight and in the flesh? My Surahi has colouration and blushing like this, and is said to look very like a Mojave, but I bought her as a cb normal 'dinker'. She wouldn't necessarily produce any unusual babies if I bred her, but she's nice to have. Having said that, I was discussing dinkers a while back, and another forum member said that so much morph breeding has gone on now that many 'normals' are a bit of a mixture. (I don't know Surahi's full history either.)

Whatever Serenity is, she's a very pretty snake, and congratulations on getting her.

Go to Top of Page

karl
Fully Grown Royal

1069 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2011 :  14:14:07  Show Profile  Visit karl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
nice normal

Go to Top of Page

MrsA82
Yearling

United Kingdom
437 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2011 :  14:22:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks a normal to me
If it was sold for £70 there's the clue
As someone selling a morph would probley be clued up and have sold it for more

Must say though some normals are looking good
You have a nice one there :)

2.4.0 Royal python
0.0.2 Cornsnake
1.1.0 Extreme red Albino Hognose
2.2.1 Crested Gecko
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
Go to Top of Page

reptilemadd
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2011 :  17:30:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
See looks like a very beautiful normal, it's a shame wee can't see more of her belly cause the way the black bleeds into her belly scales looks very much the way a yellow bellys would (to me any way) someone who's got one may very well tell you see looks nothing like a YB either way very nice snake....

1.0.0 beardie "magic"
1.1.0 100% Het Clown "Cerberus" and "Artemis"
0.1.0 Poss Calico "Ariadne"
1.0.0 Lesser " Kronos"
Go to Top of Page

Margwar
Yearling

United Kingdom
211 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2011 :  17:44:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cheers guys, yellow belly was our first thought after looking at her. As already said, either way she's a lovely girl, even though she's refusing food at the moment, which is a new one for me.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2011 :  17:49:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Surahi was also said to be het pied, because of her belly 'markers'. Also she has scarcely any 'aliens' (the two-eyed marking on a normal royal's sides) which when missing are also said to be typical of Mojaves.

My Shahi, who is cf, is just the same ...few 'aliens'. He is said to be a 'high gold' normal. At one time I planned to breed these two (Surahi should reach female royal breeding weight of 1500g+ this autumn) but have now decided not to. I want royals but I want colubrids too lol.

As has been said before - they're all different, and that's their charm - whether cf or cb, every royal is unique.

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2011 :  18:22:35  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Looks normal to me, take a look at the video of my normal diablo, he has some amazing colour for a normal. I have him in a video up against cleo my other normal and the difference is stunning.

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/
Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2011 :  18:50:46  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
she looks like a very nice normal. there is alot of variation in the normal gene, many different patterns and many different shades. my bullet is a very typical normal, but i love him for that, whereas my bow has a very reduced pattern with cross overs, but is still a normal (het pied)

1.2 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

MrsA82
Yearling

United Kingdom
437 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2011 :  21:33:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Danny does your have the tram lines if so can you post a pic ;)

2.4.0 Royal python
0.0.2 Cornsnake
1.1.0 Extreme red Albino Hognose
2.2.1 Crested Gecko
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2011 :  01:05:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Duke has a few specs of colour on an almost all white belly, I have no idea of morphs and stuff though. Only recently got the meaning of blushing, I was left wondering how people could see red on Duke, I sure couldn't, then it all became clear lol. She's lovely and the markings on the underside are cool. I'm glad people refer to the faces on their sides as aliens because I have been calling them ET's, one on Dukes left is a really good ET. Its odd but I couldn't tell you each and every pattern on Duke's back but at the same time I bet I could recognise him in a line up, lol. Bit off track and ramblings of a tired man but that is an impressive looking Royal you got there, you'll have to get down to breeding and see if there are any surprises in her genes.

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2011 :  12:47:11  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MrsA82

Danny does your have the tram lines if so can you post a pic ;)

ye both my het pieds have tram lines, i will post pics later once i have gone back into school and the come out again lol (maths reision class) but tram lines dont really mean much, if you buy a het pied and they have them then it can be a slight reasurance, but if you buy a normal and they have them it can mean nothing as its not proven to be a het pied marker.

1.2 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

Margwar
Yearling

United Kingdom
211 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2011 :  15:56:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lotabob

Bit off track and ramblings of a tired man but that is an impressive looking Royal you got there, you'll have to get down to breeding and see if there are any surprises in her genes.

That's our plan, Kernow Serpent Supplies! Her and Margwar will be our first breeders, providing everything goes well. We got the OK from the council to run the business from our house, so it's full steam ahead now!

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2011 :  16:46:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This joke is strictly for Gilbert and Sullivan fans - but if you live in Cornwall, you could have called yourselves 'The Pythons of Penzance!'

Unless you live on the Lizard, of course...

Good luck with the breeding.

Go to Top of Page

Margwar
Yearling

United Kingdom
211 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2011 :  19:19:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BurnedAtTheStake

This joke is strictly for Gilbert and Sullivan fans - but if you live in Cornwall, you could have called yourselves 'The Pythons of Penzance!'

Unless you live on the Lizard, of course...

Good luck with the breeding.

We do, but we're miles away from Penzance and The Lizard as well lol.
And thanks, we'v got to weight and see if Serenity gets up to weight or not first, she's only 809g at the moment, whereas Margwar is more than double that.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000