Getting a larger viv? Really need help and advise
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SurroundedByMadness
Yearling

United Kingdom
111 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2011 :  23:11:05  Show Profile  Click to see SurroundedByMadness's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I got kaa back on Sunday after being at the shop and having two successful feeds with no failed attempts, both times he ate on his own strike feeding. I tried feeding tonight, and I had a failed attempt. There is obviously something wrong with the viv he is in as he ate straight away at the shop and didn't here.
What are your guys opinions on me getting a larger viv and packing it out? I can't work out what is wrong with the one I have now apart from the fact that I have 4 vents at the top of the viv and none at the bottom so there's bad air circulation and that the bulb is too low to the ground so it's not really heating the cool end much? Other than that I have no idea :(
I'm starting to get really frustrated and fed up now.. I don't know what to do...

I believe that education is all about being excited about something. Seeing passion and enthusiasm helps push an educational message. - Steve Irwin

Normal Royal Python - Kaa
Normal Royal Python - Donkey
Bearded Dragon - Aggro
Bearded Dragon - Eragon
Mexican Golden Red Rump

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2011 :  23:50:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How were they keeping him at the shop? I doubt very much that larger would solve the problem. You have to rememeber he's just been moved again and you've already tried to feed him, he needs to settle in. Mimic the setup of the shop the best you can and their feeding technique.

Edited by - Lotabob on 31/05/2011 23:50:56
Go to Top of Page

SurroundedByMadness
Yearling

United Kingdom
111 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2011 :  00:41:37  Show Profile  Click to see SurroundedByMadness's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ahh don't worry! I got him to feed after 2 hours of persistence! The first time ive seen him feed in 7 months! I am so relieved and happy it's unreal haha
Thank you for your help and advise though Lotabob :)

I believe that education is all about being excited about something. Seeing passion and enthusiasm helps push an educational message. - Steve Irwin

Bearded Dragon - Aggro
Bearded Dragon - Eragon
Mexican Golden Red Rump
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2011 :  06:44:09  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Congrats

Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2011 :  12:41:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh that is really good, obviously just needed a week at the spa. Fingers crossed he is back to regular feeds for you.

Go to Top of Page

SurroundedByMadness
Yearling

United Kingdom
111 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2011 :  14:53:05  Show Profile  Click to see SurroundedByMadness's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I agree :) I'm just hoping it doesn't take two hours every week haha
I hope he's back to normal now :)

Bearded Dragon - Aggro
Bearded Dragon - Eragon
Mexican Golden Red Rump
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000