New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

stotty01
Hatchling

United Kingdom
51 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2011 :  22:49:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
monty been really active round his viv latley but still not eatting.

his temps at 31-32 humidity of 40-50% humidity

shall i lower his temps at night when i next try to feeD?

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2011 :  23:19:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, Stotty, sounds like he's still settling in - hope he feeds for you soon but you know what royals can be like - awkward eh?

His temps should be 26 cold end, 32 warm end. I'm afraid I don't measure humidity but I use vivs - if a snake's shedding I put the water bowl in the hot end and that works for me, so I'm not an expert re humidity.

Being lazy I don't lower temps at night - some people do, some people don't. And I've noticed many snakes like to go into the warm end after feeding, so personally I wouldn't lower temps below what they need to be, but that's just my opinion. (There may be a natural night time ambient drop anyway, especially during this glorious summer weather - not!)

Good luck with his next feed - he'll get there.

Go to Top of Page

cockings
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
47 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2011 :  23:25:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How long has he not eating for o had mine for 9 weeks before he ate anything I think they can take a while to settle in keep an eye on his weight to see if he loosing anything. I took mine to a local pet shop for them to check on for me. I was reasured that he was ok when they looked over him for me plus tried to feed him for me. He didn't eat with them either but they were prepared to check on him regulary from there on and even assisst feed him if necessary If he continued not to eat with me.

I chNged his food from mice to rats etc and he took rats weavers in the endwhich I thought where to big for him but he loves them

1x Pastel Royal CB10
1x Spider CB11
Go to Top of Page

stotty01
Hatchling

United Kingdom
51 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2011 :  23:29:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
4 weeks now, im not worrying and i offered mice and rat pups

ok guys :)
Go to Top of Page

cockings
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
47 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2011 :  07:16:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah mine was offered weaner rats in the end and has taken them ever time drop feeding. Theyvare much larger than mice I was offering

1x Pastel Royal CB10
1x Spider CB11
Go to Top of Page

karl
Fully Grown Royal

1069 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2011 :  11:30:18  Show Profile  Visit karl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
are you just trying strike feed or are you trying to drop feed too?

How do you prepare the feeds? Heated/cold/ left out next to tank to thaw all day then heated?

I find leaving out during the day then heating with a hair dryer (aimed at the tank) yeilds good results.

If you get stuck feel free to ask

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000