Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2011 :  14:49:03  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Well little baby boa, newly named "Dopey" is back from his operation, hopefully he'll recover okay from it.

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2011 :  15:02:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aww, bless and best wishes for a full recovery! He'll manage fine - amazing how they adapt. What was wrong with the eye, by the way?

I bet you're relieved to have him home again.

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2011 :  15:06:54  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Apparently he didn't grow a spectacle (kind of like a snake eyelid) so his "real" eye was constantly exposed over time it's a strong possibility it could rupture and that would be potentially lethal, according to the vets. So better to remove it now

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2011 :  15:09:06  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Just had a ring from the vets apparently they forgot to give me some Baytril for the guy.

Anyone know anything about Baytril, what does it do?

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2011 :  15:25:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's an antibiotic - it will be given just as a precaution against any post-operative infection. I think you may have to put it in his drinking water? I know it can be injected but they'd have shown you how to do this if it was required.

Sorry to hear about the eye - at least that's dealt with now. All the best with him!

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2011 :  15:26:21  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
It'll be administered directly into his mouth with a syringe apparently, can't be too hard haha.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2011 :  15:44:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah - no different to an assist really, and at least snakes close their mouths really tightly, not like kittens or puppies, so once the gunk's in, it's in.

Edited by - n/a on 17/06/2011 15:44:56
Go to Top of Page

reptilemadd
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2011 :  19:31:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good luck Kelf I'm sure he'll be fine he's in good hands

1.0.0 beardie "magic"
1.1.0 100% Het Clown "Cerberus" and "Artemis"
0.1.0 Poss Calico "Ariadne"
1.0.0 Lesser " Kronos"
Go to Top of Page

Jayde
Yearling

United Kingdom
291 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2011 :  19:31:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are you not worried about the length of the stitch on the left? It looks too long. I've never bought any pet home from the vet with stitches that size... :S !!
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2011 :  19:35:48  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Well the photo is zoomed in he's kind of tiny and the stitch isnt that big, I did notice it but im guessing its to assure it doesnt come loose.

Go to Top of Page

Jayde
Yearling

United Kingdom
291 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2011 :  20:11:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ahh if it's zoomed in then the true length is probably shorter, just looked shockingly long in the photo but then again I'm a stickler for worrying!! Just wouldn't want it to tug or snag on anything or to dig when he coils. Glad the vets contacted you about the mishap with the antibiotics, it's always a nice feeling when you know the people you entrust your little loved ones with do their job well!!

Hope you find the little guy a lovely home, he deserves it. :)
(I have mentioned this little guy to the o/h, who very insistently said no not likely this whole putting his foot down over how soon I can have another snake business )
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2011 :  22:34:33  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thats okay i'm keeping this fella myself

Go to Top of Page

STICKS
Yearling

United Kingdom
408 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2011 :  01:13:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there hope he gets on ok well done.
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2011 :  09:08:10  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Just given him his first dose of Baytril :)

He didn't spill much but took him a while to get it all down.

Go to Top of Page

reptilemadd
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2011 :  12:00:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can't even imagine the stress your under at the moment but in my opinion (not worth much I know lol) you should be very proud since your working being a pet owner a nanny and now a nurse all the best mate and keep up the good work

1.0.0 beardie "magic"
1.1.0 100% Het Clown "Cerberus" and "Artemis"
0.1.0 Poss Calico "Ariadne"
1.0.0 Lesser " Kronos"
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2011 :  13:31:13  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Aopparently anubis my mojave doesn't agree i'm under enough stress and escaped again today, same place as last tiem, crowbar out again, door destroyed again

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2011 :  13:36:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OMG! Is he back now or are you still searching??

Fingers crossed, whatever.

It looks messy, but in his case I'd be tempted to tape his doors either end with a length of gaffer tape. You know, I really dislike the traditional viv sliding doors - so much can go wrong.

All the best - that's the last thing you need to happen, under the circs.

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2011 :  13:44:27  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Back now yes but took ages to get him out and about 7 tags

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2011 :  13:55:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bloody hell - he sounds more like a 'Pit' than my Ziska - she escaped yesterday but just let me pick her up.

Glad you've got him back, the little horror.

you know, I'm having a think about viv doors ... something along the lines of a good quality adhesive cuphook thingy on the glass, attachable by a bit of cord or similar to a hook which can be turned to ensure absolute security of fastening ...it might cut down the mobility of doors by an inch or so, and might not look too elegant, but it might work. I hate those locks, they slip, and the little wedges are good, but cats can bat on the glass and knock the wedge out. Luckily Saffy's in a viv with very heavy doors at present, or she, like Anubis, would have been out ...during her recent 'romantic' period, she worked and worked away at the viv doors; if they'd been the usual easily sliding doors she'd have been off!

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2011 :  14:06:11  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I just need to stop forgetting to turn the bloody key :P

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2011 :  14:20:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah. Well, that would help!

How's Dopey today?

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page