New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jayde
Yearling

United Kingdom
291 Posts

Posted - 27/06/2011 :  20:22:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know it's not really an exciting topic, but haven't posted up the pics of how his house looks now it has more things in it.

I know it's not half as impressive as half of the set ups I've seen posted, but my little guy likes it, so if he's happy, I'm happy.

(Apart from the fact I spooked him when cleaning his lovely little package out today so he nipped me.. the little fecker!!! )

First of all, I added a few strips of astro-turf onto the cold side, took a little while for him to venture onto it, (this pic is from the first day when he spent all day and night on the tree to avoid touching it!!) but he's grown to it now!

These are how it stands at the moment.

Bought some natural wood parrot perches, drilled into the viv and secured them in.

Which he really likes

Also added in a thicker Piece of wood and more foliage

And this is him using all his new tree's and perches.

Happy Heques

Comments welcome

Edited by - Jayde on 27/06/2011 20:57:04

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 27/06/2011 :  21:01:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow a lawn, very posh! I like your hide on the right, its unusual, is it a woven plant pot type thingy. Very nice setup I'm jealous too you have one of those rare moving royals. lol.

Go to Top of Page

Jayde
Yearling

United Kingdom
291 Posts

Posted - 27/06/2011 :  21:09:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Haha! Just thought I'd give it a try as we were having new turf laid at work, so I nabbed some of the off cuts, so just thought I'd give them a try, and he seems to like it. It stays nice and cool, and is easily cleaned so it's not bother. Yeh the pot is a coco planter. You can by them in most garden centres or online on some pet places or ebay . He seems to prefer it more to his old coconut hot box he had, as it keeps more humidity. If the room is quite calm he's always out and quite often is happy to just lay out in the viv, instead of always being in his hide or under his log, and at night there's no stopping him!!
Go to Top of Page

Oh How Original
Yearling

United Kingdom
378 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2011 :  01:07:11  Show Profile  Click to see Oh How Original's MSN Messenger address  Send Oh How Original a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
One lucky snake!

When on the Forums, always be nice, stick to the rules and help when you can.
Go to Top of Page

Royalbob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
1115 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2011 :  11:27:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
impressive looking viv.

1.0 Enchi butter
1.0 Enchi X Pastel
1.0 Fire het clown
1.0 Bumblebee
1.0 pinstripe

0.1 Enchi Fire
0.1 Pastel calico
0.1 Yellow belly Pinstripe
0.1 Lemon pastel poss het clown
0.1 Het clown
0.1 Yellow belly
0.1 Green Mojave
0.1 HC Albino
0.2 Normals

Go to Top of Page

Jayde
Yearling

United Kingdom
291 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2011 :  16:18:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks questioning whether it needs more foliage of some sort as I know they like to feel secure, but then waver as he uses hides when he needs to, and seems happy enough lying out across the back (like the photo's) or sitting up on his branches. I just don't want to keep changing the his environment and potentially cause him to stress. There's been no negative changes in his behaviour since the few changes, if anything, he appears to like the stimulation of having things to explore and "do". Decisions, decisions!!haha
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2011 :  17:09:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, it is a really superb setup, and as for any changes, he probably won't mind. One idea might be to get a hide like the ones in the exoterra or trixie range (you know the sort I mean, like boulders -trixie are cheaper and look really good, from surrey pet supplies) and put that in place of the water bowl, and bring the water bowl to the front (easier to change - nice bowl, by the way.) I find my lot like a cool hide right in the far corner. Royals do seem to enjoy a choice of hides, and the darker the better, even when, like Heques and my own Shahi, they're arboreal on occasion (their royal highnesses lol.)

Go to Top of Page

Kempy
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
28 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2011 :  18:18:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice Looking Viv.
Like most people i'm always looking at how i can improve on mine and i love the parrot perch idea, think i might have to poach that one
Go to Top of Page

Jayde
Yearling

United Kingdom
291 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2011 :  21:05:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks. Yeh they are a nice touch and as long as they are secured in firmly, they are brilliant and keep things looking natural
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000