Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2011 :  16:56:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

She's out! Not entirely pleased ...

Photobucket won't let me post more than one pic per post, so another pic is to follow ...

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2011 :  16:59:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Posed on the scruffy cat towel, I'm afraid, but she still looks pretty!

After the photoshoot I cuddled her and she dived down my T shirt and stayed there while I changed her water, coming out quite reluctantly - she seems to view me and my clothes as a handy hide so perhaps she does trust me on one level lol.

Go to Top of Page

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2011 :  17:08:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeye! finally some pics of the notorious ziska! she looks like a little madam! lol!

www.facebook.com/Thehogbox

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2011 :  17:26:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL - she is - I got bitten again while picking her up but it was only a token warning tickly bite - amazing how you get used to being struck at and 'bitten' and just keep your hand there ... I did try to get some pics of that but they didn't come out well - she's very quick!

Go to Top of Page

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2011 :  17:37:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
im worried Indie will be abit bitey , u just have to let it not faze u dont u ? and if they hiss and winge ignore them and pick them up still . i went to my local petshop and they had 2 common boas an albino boa and some gopher snakes lots of lovely ones! i had to move in the end else i would have taken aload home with me! lol

www.facebook.com/Thehogbox

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2011 :  17:46:23  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
How do you do it bats? I get bitten all the time from anubis but I stilll jump like mad, even the baby boas striking their mice makes me jump like mad

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/
Go to Top of Page

jhk2005
Yearling

United Kingdom
166 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2011 :  18:06:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I tend to jump at feeding time too, most of my 'kids' act like they've never been fed before?? The last time vinnie nipped me it was over and done so quick i hardly noticed except for 2 tiny red specks on my finger, in fact it was so fast I didn't get time to jump?! ;)

1.6.0 Normal Royals - Will, Grace, Lolly, Patty, Maddie, Mystique, Victoria
1.1.0 Pastel Royals - Becks, Sophie
0.1.0 Spider Royal - Charlotte
0.1.0 Mojave Royal - Mo
1.1.0 Yellowbelly Royals - Pinky, Perky
1.0.0 Pinstripe Royal - Pip
1.0.0 Bumblebee Royal - Buzz
1.0.0 Vanilla Royal - Vinnie
1.0.0 Lesser Royal - Leo
1.0.0 Cinnamon Royal - Sam
1.0.0 Burmese Python - Kane
0.1.0 Albino Burmese Python - Amber
1.0.0 Redfoot Tortoise - Chucky
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2011 :  18:10:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOl - it's a good thing I don't go to your local shop, Laws, or I WOULD end up with a couple more gophers!

Yeah, it's weird - I think it's the fact that you know they're bluffing, and so you just keep moving towards them. Then the 'bite' if it comes, is only just a tickle. To move away is to attract more trouble and aggression - that 'proper' bite I got was when I was lifting the piece of driftwood up (and not really paying attention) and so she followed my hand. Hopefully Indie/Charlie won't be bitey - hope not.

LOL - Kelf - you'll get used to it. I was lucky, I got 'educated' by the feral cat you may remember me mentioning - when he had my hand in his jaws I HAD to keep still until he spat it out. One of these days you'll just end up taking no notice of a strike. It's all good experience for a career with snakes.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2011 :  18:31:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry jhk - we overlapped - yes, they are that quick! I jumped a mile the first time I fed a corn hatchling (the gannet Buffy) but it was still fascinating!

This may be a little weird of me but I'm now disappointed if I don't get a strike feed - there is that 'thrill' when the snake grabs and coils - and I suppose Ziska's the same with her behaviour ...

A walk on the wild side eh?

Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2011 :  21:35:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've only jumped twice so far the first time Duke struck at my face and the first time Spot struck his mouse, I was well prepared for the Boa been a demon so I'm OK with her and don't flinch when she strikes at me and the rat and the dog and the box and the paper towel and the foliage and fresh air.

Anyway back to ZISKA she is soooo much smaller than I thought, and absolutely stunning, about the prettiest snake I've seen patternwise and I am glad I've never seen one in the flesh or I would be quite tempted. I cant wait for you to figure out video mode on your camera and then uploading to youtube (I'll give it 2 years lol).

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2011 :  22:10:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
video? youtube??? Be longer than 2 years, that's for sure!

Didn't know your Sanke struck at you - remember that video where she was climbing up on to your hand like a kitten. Little madam! I still wonder if you'd been cooking chicken or something savoury that day Duke went for your face - it's not like him. They are fascinating though with all their odd quirks and temperament lol.

Ziska's two and a half feet long atm but she may make 9', which is why I'm making sure we get used to each other. Yes, to me she just is the most irresistible snake, love that naughty little face when she's sounding off at me ...well, love them all!

Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2011 :  22:48:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sanke is only a madam when food is involved the rest of the time she is incredibly tame and I scared Duke and he just reacted instinctively, he didnt mean any harm I was close enough for him to have got me good if he wanted to he was just saying backup please, i'd say Duke is the least likely to bite of them all, he is such a sweet thing, Spot has never so much as attempted to bite but I bet he could if he was feeling that way inclined.

Ziska is gorgeous and I'm sure you'll have her puppy tame by the time she hits 3 feet let alone 9. I think when they are naughty it gives them character. Spot is my go to snake, he happily sits with me for ages, Duke is the shy guy, a bit jumpy but does like a good explore, Sanke is the Jekyll Hyde snake only she doesn't need potion just the smell of rat.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2011 :  23:04:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aww, thanks, yes I think she's gorgeous - and she thinks she's gorgeous too - little madam lol!

Oh well, food - they are all unruly when it comes to food - Saada is the sweetest, shyest snake ever but when she's feeling greedy, well, she turns into a ravening monster!

Yeah I can't imagine your Duke being bitey, he sounds a real softy - a gentle giant.

Go to Top of Page

reptilemadd
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2011 :  09:35:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lovely snake BATS keep up the good work with photo bucket lol

1.0.0 beardie "magic"
1.1.0 100% Het Clown "Cerberus" and "Artemis"
0.1.0 Poss Calico "Ariadne"
1.0.0 Lesser " Kronos"
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2011 :  10:52:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Reptilemadd - yeah, I'm dead chuffed - it was purely by accident I tried again with photobucket - and it worked! I keep threatening to swamp TRP with my pics now lol.

There's even a pic of the viv stack - at last! - over on royal python photos.

Go to Top of Page

sandi
Sub Adult

787 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2011 :  15:25:16  Show Profile  Visit sandi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ah ziska is lovely! nice to see a pic at last!

0.1.0 Royal Python - Florence
1.0.0 Boa Constrictor - Boris
1.1.0 Alaunts - Willow & Brochan
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2011 :  16:22:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Sandi - you'll be seeing the whole lot of them in due course lol!

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2011 :  17:28:03  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I hate the jumping reflex, when anubis bites me I end up flinging him across the floor by jumping, then I feel sorry for him, run over to pick him up, get bitten and fling him again lol. (that might be a little bit exagerated)

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2011 :  17:42:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aww, Kelf ...

(You mean you might have dropped him on your lap lol?)

You'll get used to it; you'll get so you just keep on handling despite strikes and tickly velcro bites lol.

Edited by - n/a on 13/07/2011 17:44:20
Go to Top of Page

Tawfik47
Fully Grown Royal

Czech Republic
1584 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2011 :  11:17:40  Show Profile  Click to see Tawfik47's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
LOL - Lovly lady Ziska .. looks so cute, never look the u talking about (biting ur hands )

1.0.0 Common Boa - Revo CB13

I had a royal python (Blitz) for two years for those who are wondering what I'm doing here with my boa :D
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2011 :  11:37:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Tawfik - she's just a typical gopher snake, as in the wild they have to imitate rattlesnakes in order to deter predators, but they're all bluff really. I've been trying to get a pic of her making terrible faces at me, but my photography's not that good.

She is cute - especially when she stops carrying on at me and goes to sleep on my shoulder like a baby - she forgets to be a fierce rattlesnake then lol.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000