New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2011 :  12:52:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Got the boy out 2 nites ago as hes been hiding away like mad , and like last time we thought he may have been playing the hide the turn game . however we have noticed he's about to shed . I wanted to ask how long after the milky belly and blue eyes do boas usually strip off ? i miss having him out and bein nosey instead of the little hermitt he is at the min , got some pics up of him before we popped him back . and this morning his eyes are even bluer!

Excuse this last pic of me , its awful as i had the giggled and look stupid. lol

www.facebook.com/Thehogbox

reptiledanny
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2011 :  14:30:31  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
it all depends on the boa, my girl shed on tuesday, but it was almost 2 weeks before that that she went blue, was on a wednesday and then 2 weeks later on the tues she shed, i had almost given up on her shedding and thought she had pulled the wool over my eyes, but then delighted me

1.2 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2011 :  15:07:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well hes been hiding for the last week of so and this morning he looks like hes really blue , worse than in these pics . i just want him to hurry up so he stops hiding , its not like him lol!

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2011 :  16:58:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aww, the blue eyed boa!

Know how you feel - got a big royal lass on the point of shed ...ohh the waiting and wanting to see her all shiny and fresh...lovely pics - he'll know what to do ...and keep you waiting, little devil!

Go to Top of Page

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2011 :  17:18:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hes being so grumpy lol! we will leave him be , i just wondered if we should try feeding him while hes in blue or wait till he comes out the toher side of it! lol

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2011 :  17:30:49  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
ye i had 3 out of the 4 in shed at once, the 2 royals and the boa, so was left with the grumpy corn that just likes to run away

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2011 :  17:35:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lol i have a corn thats digesting his tea , and a girlie thats trashing her faun as we speak coz shes now not on 5 day feeds anf back up to seven , and is in a strop coz shes hungry and dex hiding . and of course when we get indie tomorro she will need to be left for a wee to settle in , boooo! if only i had a crestie too , i would have something to play with while the shedding cycle and food cycles roll round lol!

Go to Top of Page

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2011 :  17:35:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
p.s did u feed yours while in shed ?

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2011 :  17:48:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ha - just back for a while, internet gods permitting - I don't bother to feed if I know a snake's blue - I'll wait, although they can surprise you (Saada once took, since I hadn't realised she was in blue and there was nobody available to recycle ratty) but as a rule I think it does no harm to wait.

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2011 :  18:05:03  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Laws

p.s did u feed yours while in shed ?

tried 2 feeds over the 2 weeks, and she refused both, and then ate on the tuesday after shed, but every snake is different

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2011 :  18:05:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i will wait , it wont do him any harm and then im sure he wil enjoy mousey even more when hes feeling less miserable!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000