New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hodgie
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1197 Posts

Posted - 18/07/2011 :  20:35:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Heres a little update on my Little Mojave who was just 50g when i got her at 2 weeks old, and needed to be assist fed afew times. However it didnt take her long to learn what was needed of any good little girl.

At 2 weeks old
[/URL]

And today at a very respectable empty wieght 850g
[/URL]

Thanks for looking

Royals owned "lots"

Edited by - hodgie on 18/07/2011 20:41:00

weeclaire1984
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
36 Posts

Posted - 18/07/2011 :  20:38:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aww she's lovely very nice marking

C A Wilson
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 18/07/2011 :  20:47:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow - very nice indeed, congrats Mo and Hodgie!

Go to Top of Page

Jayde
Yearling

United Kingdom
291 Posts

Posted - 18/07/2011 :  20:50:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
2 weeks? Where from? Never knew any place let them go before 5 feeds :S

Good to see her in all her gorgeousness now though!!

Edited by - Jayde on 18/07/2011 20:52:28
Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 18/07/2011 :  21:40:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WOW thats some growth. You done well.

Go to Top of Page

hodgie
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1197 Posts

Posted - 18/07/2011 :  21:47:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thankyou, she is a very greedy little girl, im expecting her to slow down very shortly as this is what my other 2 females have done but she will probably prove me wrong.

Royals owned "lots"

Go to Top of Page

Tawfik47
Fully Grown Royal

Czech Republic
1584 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2011 :  09:52:02  Show Profile  Click to see Tawfik47's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Great looking Mojave girl well done hodgie.

1.0.0 Common Boa - Revo CB13

I had a royal python (Blitz) for two years for those who are wondering what I'm doing here with my boa :D
Go to Top of Page

Oh How Original
Yearling

United Kingdom
378 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2011 :  11:59:32  Show Profile  Click to see Oh How Original's MSN Messenger address  Send Oh How Original a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Excellent comparison there, love seeing growth like that, my corns the same, but he wouldn't put on weight or length as a youngster, now he's shot up in size, I'll do the same thing on his first birthday

When on the Forums, always be nice, stick to the rules and help when you can.
Go to Top of Page

Oh How Original
Yearling

United Kingdom
378 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2011 :  12:03:59  Show Profile  Click to see Oh How Original's MSN Messenger address  Send Oh How Original a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jayde

2 weeks? Where from? Never knew any place let them go before 5 feeds :S

Good to see her in all her gorgeousness now though!!

You'd be surprised...
Sometimes people don't get them from shops, I have been offered newly born normal royals for £5 each, and it would be up to me to get them feeding.

Go to Top of Page

Jayde
Yearling

United Kingdom
291 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2011 :  13:57:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess thats true. But I'd have thought the same thing from a breeder,otherwise you have the potential of creating yourself a bad reputation, but that is probably just the experience I've had with the breeders mine have come . Thy won't let anything go until it's healthy and feeding well, for care of the animal and to carry on creating good custom, and have always said they'd welcome the animal back if there where any problems regarding feeding etc, which is always reassuring :)

But then I still find it hard to think that people bat these poor guys round from pillar to post like every day objects rather than showing them the care that we show ours.My own fault for being such an animal lover I suppose!

However, it is good to see that this lovely little girl has thrived on the care from here owner and is a lovely looking snake :)
Go to Top of Page

hodgie
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1197 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2011 :  18:01:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I drove a round trip of 360 miles to get her and wasn`t exactly told the truth about her age and wieght, was told that she ate mice and rats however i have made some very good friends and have good support from them so took the plunge after talking to one of them. Had help with the first assist and was supervised on the 2nd. I dont regret buying her, you could have serious problems with an adult, its how you look after them when they are in your care that counts. She is a funny little girl though and when she first started eating properly i`d open the viv and she`d literally fly out like an angry viper. The fact that she was only about 8 inches long made it all more comical.

Royals owned "lots"

Edited by - hodgie on 19/07/2011 18:02:21
Go to Top of Page

anatess
Sub Adult

USA
669 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2011 :  18:22:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hodgie

I drove a round trip of 360 miles to get her and wasn`t exactly told the truth about her age and wieght, was told that she ate mice and rats however i have made some very good friends and have good support from them so took the plunge after talking to one of them. Had help with the first assist and was supervised on the 2nd. I dont regret buying her, you could have serious problems with an adult, its how you look after them when they are in your care that counts. She is a funny little girl though and when she first started eating properly i`d open the viv and she`d literally fly out like an angry viper. The fact that she was only about 8 inches long made it all more comical.

Hodgie, hats off to you, man! You are completely right - it's how you raise the snake in your care that matters. Royals are hardy snakes but you can really tell the difference between a royal that has been kept in poor conditions to a royal that are properly cared for. The good thing is, because they are hardy creatures, if they're kept in poor conditions and get transferred to a good home (before any major health concern occurs), they usually bounce back in time.

You got quite a pretty royal there! Drool...

Snake owner since Oct 2008, so yeah, I'm no expert.
0.1.0 pastel royal
1.0.0 spider royal
0.1.0 albino royal
1.0.0 bumblebee royal
1.0.0 yellowbelly royal
0.0.1 wild-type royal
1.0.0 normal western hognose

Edited by - anatess on 19/07/2011 18:22:30
Go to Top of Page

Oh How Original
Yearling

United Kingdom
378 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2011 :  00:22:22  Show Profile  Click to see Oh How Original's MSN Messenger address  Send Oh How Original a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
FYI - My comment wasn't anything bad about you buddy, you've done a good job, especially if it had the stress of traveling at such a young age.
Bravo to you.
My point was, the people like the person who sold it to you, they obviously hatched it, therefore knew how old it was, it makes me sick.
Just so good they fall into the right hands most of the time

Go to Top of Page

Robert
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
957 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2011 :  16:47:49  Show Profile  Visit Robert's Homepage  Reply with Quote
She's beautiful and you have done well with her despite her young age when sold

Go to Top of Page

hodgie
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1197 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2011 :  20:47:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Oh How Original

FYI - My comment wasn't anything bad about you buddy,

i never thought it was

Royals owned "lots"