Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Oh How Original
Yearling

United Kingdom
378 Posts

Posted - 23/07/2011 :  22:07:17  Show Profile  Click to see Oh How Original's MSN Messenger address  Send Oh How Original a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I really really didn't expect my new Bee to eat, but as today is feeding day for the rest, so I thought I'd defrost and warm up a weaner rat, just in case, and if he didn't it wasn't anything major.
But I must admit, I did use the words "I will be very shocked if he eats dad" but I put it in, he didn't seem interested at all, took his hide out, let him sniff it a bit, turned the lights out and left the room, came back 5 minutes later to this...

Veeeery happy with this kind of appetite, I hope he keeps this up!!
Only had him 3 days, he's shed with me, poo'ed, drank, and ate rather quickly.
Sooo chuffed!!

When on the Forums, always be nice, stick to the rules and help when you can.

Evolution Morphs
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2265 Posts

Posted - 23/07/2011 :  22:14:37  Show Profile  Visit Evolution Morphs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yep it can happen my male pastel he feed 2 days after I got him about 4 months ago and he's only missed one feed and that was because he was blue

Congrats :)

now on facebook

Royal Pythons
http://www.facebook.com/EvolutionMorphs

Western Hognose
Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 23/07/2011 :  22:16:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
haha they like to surprise us. He is a good looking snake.

(On a slightly different note, Beech chip is cr-ubbish for Royals during shedding time, it moulds if it gets moist and soaks up any humidity too. I love orchid bark, it smells lovely too, if I could find corn poo in it I'd have all mine on it.

Go to Top of Page

Oh How Original
Yearling

United Kingdom
378 Posts

Posted - 23/07/2011 :  22:19:33  Show Profile  Click to see Oh How Original's MSN Messenger address  Send Oh How Original a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I have thought about switching him to paper to be fair, but he has shed fine now (I know theres some shed left in the viv, I got as much as I could out without disturbing him, because he hasn't been here long )
And thanks, yes he is a good looking snake he has the most intense green eyes, once I can get him out and about, I will get a good head shot.

Go to Top of Page

Tawfik47
Fully Grown Royal

Czech Republic
1584 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2011 :  08:38:18  Show Profile  Click to see Tawfik47's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
What a Good Boy and great looking too.

1.0.0 Common Boa - Revo CB13

I had a royal python (Blitz) for two years for those who are wondering what I'm doing here with my boa :D
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2011 :  09:16:18  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Good news oho, I use beech chip but recently switched to .... That stuff I can't spell (danny, little help?) which is faaaar cheaper but a bit of a pain to get out the carpet.

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/
Go to Top of Page

Evolution Morphs

United Kingdom
2265 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2011 :  11:18:23  Show Profile  Visit Evolution Morphs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Auboise 20kg for around £10

now on facebook

Royal Pythons

Western Hognose
Go to Top of Page

Oh How Original
Yearling

United Kingdom
378 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2011 :  16:15:59  Show Profile  Click to see Oh How Original's MSN Messenger address  Send Oh How Original a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks folks
Not sure what I am going to do substrate wise, he doesn't seem to bury, so may just switch to paper.
With the breeding projects looking more and more positive, I may switch them all to paper, as it will be more cost effective, and I have a massive roll I got for free

Edited by - Oh How Original on 24/07/2011 16:17:27
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2011 :  16:35:29  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thaats the stuff, delboy

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/
Go to Top of Page

Oh How Original
Yearling

United Kingdom
378 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2011 :  19:59:41  Show Profile  Click to see Oh How Original's MSN Messenger address  Send Oh How Original a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kelfezond

Thaats the stuff, delboy

Is that the stuff that you can wash?...
Was up at a friends house yesterday, and he had a bag of eally dark stuff, like really dark brown, and he said you can wash it 3-4 times and re-use it.
Either way, I think I might just switch to paper.

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2011 :  20:21:23  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Oh How Original

quote:
Originally posted by Kelfezond

Thaats the stuff, delboy

Is that the stuff that you can wash?...
Was up at a friends house yesterday, and he had a bag of eally dark stuff, like really dark brown, and he said you can wash it 3-4 times and re-use it.
Either way, I think I might just switch to paper.

no auboise is like aspen, just slightly bigger pieces, but still in threads. im switching to it when i run out of aspen

1.2 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey

Edited by - reptiledanny on 24/07/2011 20:21:51
Go to Top of Page

Evolution Morphs

United Kingdom
2265 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2011 :  20:22:48  Show Profile  Visit Evolution Morphs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Can't wash it then use it again it's just like aspen

Take a look around my spider it's that

now on facebook

Royal Pythons

Western Hognose
Go to Top of Page

Oh How Original
Yearling

United Kingdom
378 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2011 :  21:17:45  Show Profile  Click to see Oh How Original's MSN Messenger address  Send Oh How Original a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
And that's a lot better to use is it?

Go to Top of Page

Oh How Original
Yearling

United Kingdom
378 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2011 :  21:23:23  Show Profile  Click to see Oh How Original's MSN Messenger address  Send Oh How Original a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Can't find it on eBay, or SPS...

Go to Top of Page

Evolution Morphs

United Kingdom
2265 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2011 :  21:38:53  Show Profile  Visit Evolution Morphs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's horse bedding and you can buy it from equestrian shops

There website has a number that you can ring and they will tell you where sells it near you

http://www.aubiose.co.uk/

now on facebook

Royal Pythons

Western Hognose

Edited by - Evolution Morphs on 24/07/2011 21:40:23
Go to Top of Page

Oh How Original
Yearling

United Kingdom
378 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2011 :  21:45:25  Show Profile  Click to see Oh How Original's MSN Messenger address  Send Oh How Original a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Oooh, if it's the horse stuff, then it is on SPS, but under a different name.
And now I can't find it!

Go to Top of Page

Evolution Morphs

United Kingdom
2265 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2011 :  21:55:24  Show Profile  Visit Evolution Morphs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'd only reccoment the lable aubiose as other cheap stuff might have different wood shavings init like pine or treatments that ain't good

£10 for 20kg isn't a lot of money it's a really big bag and will last you a very long time

now on facebook

Royal Pythons

Western Hognose

Edited by - Evolution Morphs on 24/07/2011 21:55:54
Go to Top of Page

Oh How Original
Yearling

United Kingdom
378 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2011 :  21:58:51  Show Profile  Click to see Oh How Original's MSN Messenger address  Send Oh How Original a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I will give them a ring tomorrow, just hope the nearest place isn't far, otherwise I don't know what would be the second best option lol

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2011 :  21:59:31  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
oho, do you mind me asking what your breeding plans are??? just curious as iv had a look at your sig and the coming soon list

1.2 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

Oh How Original
Yearling

United Kingdom
378 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2011 :  22:08:01  Show Profile  Click to see Oh How Original's MSN Messenger address  Send Oh How Original a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Well the whole list isn't on there at the moment Danny, but I don't want my sig to be massive lmao, so that's just what I have confirmed.
I am also getting perhaps 1.1 yellow belly and 1.1 black pastel.
I am thinking
Bee x Mojave.
Bee x Black Pastel.
Black Pastel x Yellow Belly.
Spider x Normal.
And a few other bits and pieces

Go to Top of Page

Oh How Original
Yearling

United Kingdom
378 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2011 :  22:11:19  Show Profile  Click to see Oh How Original's MSN Messenger address  Send Oh How Original a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
But to be fair, in my first season, I will probably only go Bee x Normal.
As they are my only breedable sized snakes.
Unless I can get a nice sized female, in which case I will put my male normal to the female.
My Bee is closing in on 700g when I got him, and the normal is around 850.
So definitely be ready by Jan/Feb.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000