Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Kehhlyr
Hatchling

United Kingdom
88 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2011 :  15:01:23  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Although I understand that some people see the animals as pets as I do with all of my animals, however I also look at them from a very open (weird??) mind. If they are made of meat, then they can be food.
When we kept our ducks, they were much loved pets, and one of those died then the first thing I thought of was baking tray. Some people who know me on another forum may also probably know that I was gonna eat one of my snakes when that died.

As it stands I believe the feeding of dead pets to other animals (or people) is more a social thing, it seems to be socially acceptable in some place, but not in others. Where my family grew up they wouldn't think twice about making a nice finger snake out of our dear beloved Monty, but wouldn't eat a pet chicken unless it's past it's egg production time.
Although, Garfield tasted lovely with a bit of worcester sauce.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon
SOME OF MY ANIMALS

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2012 :  11:28:30  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Just found this thread after a while so sorry for gravedigging dead topiccs but I must have missed it's continuation and it was a fun one :D

Did the kitten even get fed in the end?

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/
Go to Top of Page

curiouslyfacinated
Yearling

United Kingdom
156 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2012 :  18:37:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i met a guy once who had a burmese python and it had its own room in his house. Whilst looking after a neighbours cat during holiday, the cat got into the snakes room and apparently has not been seen since!!!

How do you explain that to your neighbour when they return from holiday??
"Tiddles?? Oh yes he is there, the lump in Sid."

1.0.0 Normal Royal Python Loki
1.1.0 Cats Daisy and Benson
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000