New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Reggie_69
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2011 :  11:19:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey guys looking for a python for my family around the Gloucestershire area. anybody know of any around? cheers everyone

SaltyTurtle
Yearling

155 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2011 :  18:06:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No I don't know of any in that area.

Are you looking for a hatchling or an adult?

Worcester Reptiles has CF hatchlings for £40 or proven feeders for £50.

Very friendly, knowledgeable and reputable shop, they also do great deals on frozen food (mice, not the stuff Iceland sell lol)

If you want an adult, I'd try Preloved.co.uk or any of the millions of 'free ads' type sites, but beware, people may not always be 100% truthful as to why they're prepared to give away a lovely snake and £300 worth of equipment for the price of a bottle of White Lightening and 20 Sovereign!

You don't want to end up footing all the vets bills for a snake that some idiot's mistreated and then decided to bail out of when it got too expensive to care for.

Or maybe I'm just a cynical old sod!

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2011 :  18:24:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL - I got a royal on preloved plus comprehensive setup (3' viv, IR light, guard, stat, loads of posh java branch, foliage, bowls) for £150. She's a little small, is all, (though a good feeder apart from the Great Fast) but I just wanted another royal pet - cool!

But yes, use the old commonsense, look out for mites, noisy breathing (sign of IR), examine the snake from top to toe and on the belly too, be prepared for any behavioural (attitude) problems ...if you're aware of any probs and still want to take the snake on - cool. I have, and have never regretted it, but don't be afraid to walk away from something you really don't want to buy.

All the best.

Go to Top of Page

SaltyTurtle
Yearling

155 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2011 :  22:37:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BurnedAtTheStake

LOL - I got a royal on preloved plus comprehensive setup (3' viv, IR light, guard, stat, loads of posh java branch, foliage, bowls) for £150. She's a little small, is all, (though a good feeder apart from the Great Fast) but I just wanted another royal pet - cool!

But yes, use the old commonsense, look out for mites, noisy breathing (sign of IR), examine the snake from top to toe and on the belly too, be prepared for any behavioural (attitude) problems ...if you're aware of any probs and still want to take the snake on - cool. I have, and have never regretted it, but don't be afraid to walk away from something you really don't want to buy.

All the best.

Yeah, like the second hand sofa I looked at when I used to have a Doberman that dug the cushions up for fun and had 'foam parties' while I was out. I went to see this 'bargain' leather sofa for about £60. The 'leather' looked more cracked than a 40 year old rugby ball, and was faded, dirty, only accounted for less than 1/5th of the settee, the rest being urine stained velour, and for good measure, it was the 'chill out pad' for his pack(?) of stinking ferrets.

Despite the collosal price drop to £50 I walked away 'to have a think'.

I think the tyre marks from the Defender 90 I was driving are still on his driveway lol!

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2011 :  17:54:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SaltyTurtle

quote:
Originally posted by BurnedAtTheStake

All the best.

Yeah, like the second hand sofa I looked at when I used to have a Doberman that dug the cushions up for fun and had 'foam parties' while I was out. I went to see this 'bargain' leather sofa for about £60. The 'leather' looked more cracked than a 40 year old rugby ball, and was faded, dirty, only accounted for less than 1/5th of the settee, the rest being urine stained velour, and for good measure, it was the 'chill out pad' for his pack(?) of stinking ferrets.

Despite the collosal price drop to £50 I walked away 'to have a think'.

I think the tyre marks from the Defender 90 I was driving are still on his driveway lol!

LOL - just seen this! LMAO!

Foam parties? Ferret wee?

Mods I think this post should be displayed as a sticky for any depressed royal owner who needs a quick cheer-up fix!

ROTFL!!

Go to Top of Page

SaltyTurtle
Yearling

155 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2011 :  20:58:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The worst thing is, it's all true, and this sort of thing seems to fill my life!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000