New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ballgirl
Hatchling

United Kingdom
55 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2011 :  20:07:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Delighted to let you all know that Kiba, my male YellowBelly has just eaten a small weaner! First one since 27th April. :)

I was getting to the point where I was thinking about more drastic options, but now I thankfully don't have to.

Fingers crossed I'm going to have a 100% (3 out of 3) feeding night tonight, although my male lesser is currently making hard work of his rat - he's trying to eat it ass first!

Female pin will have to wait a few hours for another one to defrost as I only got 2 out, not expecting Kiba to take ;)

GMac
Grumpy scots admin

United Kingdom
1152 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2011 :  23:12:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
congrats, nice one

Royals, Corns, Boa, Kings, Hoggy, Ratsnakes

Go to Top of Page

Tawfik47
Fully Grown Royal

Czech Republic
1584 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2011 :  08:53:30  Show Profile  Click to see Tawfik47's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Congrats !!!

1.0.0 Common Boa - Revo CB13

I had a royal python (Blitz) for two years for those who are wondering what I'm doing here with my boa :D
Go to Top of Page

ballgirl
Hatchling

United Kingdom
55 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2011 :  12:38:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, I can't tell you how relieved I am.

I was considering taking him to my local rep store to ask if they can help me with assist feeding him, or provide me with live prey. This weekend was going to be the last resort for me, he had lost 50g of weight (375g as of Friday night when he was 425g empty when I weighed him in May).

He was obviously just fasting though for whatever reason. His attitude to the rat was completely different last night to any other time in the last 4 months. When he started coming out of his hide I could see he was going to have it this time. Last week he was a bit wary but I did eventually get a strike out of him, but he missed the rat and scared himself stupid in the process. Last night there was no hesitation, immediate interest and a strike within about 10 seconds, no miss and no mess!

Fingers crossed this is the beginning of a new feeding era for him and not just a one off!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2011 :  13:59:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats - that's cool - it's weird but there seem to have been so many royals fasting this summer - my three only started in Jan and I've just got my biggest girl eating regularly (touch wood.)

I've got a private theory that it's the lousy summer - but that is just a theory lol.

All the best for him now - I'm sure he'll want to make up for lost time.

Go to Top of Page

sandi
Sub Adult

787 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2011 :  20:31:09  Show Profile  Visit sandi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great news, congrats! I know just how you feel, flo has done it to me twice now but never for that long. She is currently eating like a ferocious beast! it must be the time of year as she was like this the same time last year. Hope you get into a good feeding trip with yours too!

0.1.0 Royal Python - Florence
1.0.0 Boa Constrictor - Boris
1.1.0 Alaunts - Willow & Brochan
Go to Top of Page

ballgirl
Hatchling

United Kingdom
55 Posts

Posted - 23/08/2011 :  21:17:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am pleased to report that he fed happily again on Sunday, so that's 2 weeks in a row. And he was most definitely still hungry after his small weaner so I though I'd try him with a second and he had that too! Time to move him up to his normal large weaners :)
Go to Top of Page

Tawfik47
Fully Grown Royal

Czech Republic
1584 Posts

Posted - 23/08/2011 :  23:20:26  Show Profile  Click to see Tawfik47's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Wohoo, Blitz did eat yesterday too after fasting 5 months almos, seems like this time is the best for non-feeding royals to start to eat haha ... so happy for u.

1.0.0 Common Boa - Revo CB13

I had a royal python (Blitz) for two years for those who are wondering what I'm doing here with my boa :D
Go to Top of Page

karl
Fully Grown Royal

1069 Posts

Posted - 23/08/2011 :  23:44:51  Show Profile  Visit karl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Famine then feast eater don't half make you look daft don't they, lol

I have one male who is unpredictable, but if I put him in with the female for a day or two he eats the next week (must be hungry after his "exercise"). But the smaller females are like machines at the mo. If they want it they can have it, I could do with a few more grams on them, so my stocks of rats are depleting FAST, never thought I would complain they are eating more than usual (as in double rations and would still eat more if offered)

Go to Top of Page

Robert
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
957 Posts

Posted - 24/08/2011 :  22:33:21  Show Profile  Visit Robert's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So long as everything else is ok they will eat in their own good time :) congrats I know how stressful it can seem when you are new to royals and their perfidious eating, as for mine I'm going through 30 rats a month:)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000