just getting silly
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2011 :  23:43:24  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
A-hem
Switch over to nat geo wild now if you can. Here is the description of thee program 'rise of snakezilla'

''thirty feet long and weighing over 300lbs the cunning and strong burmese python is the worlds biggest snake. But is there the terrifying chance it's getting even bigger?''

.... No because burmese pythons don't get thirty feet long :p

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/

Hatchling

90 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2011 :  16:40:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL

Go to Top of Page

boomslang
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2025 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2011 :  18:34:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"snakezilla" Whats the show about? just this one snake? as thats kinda what the name implies.

1.0.0 pinstripe Royal Python
1.0.0 Bumblebee Royal Python
1.0.0 Normal corn
1.0.0 Extreme red Hognose
0.1.0 Extreme red tiger Hognose
1.1.0 yemen chameleons
1.0.0 Piebald yemen
1.0.0 Tamatave panther
1.0.0 Quadricornis
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2011 :  18:36:02  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I would assume so, I never watched it after reading about it

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2011 :  19:00:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In his travel book, 'Jaguars ripped my flesh' Tim Cahill reports 40' anacondas swallowing deer and lying in the open digesting with the antlers sticking out of their mouths.

When the deer rots enough for the antlers to drop off the snake can then take the deer down completely. Riiight ...so the anaconda takes the deer ass-first and then lies out there in open view, completely vulnerable, with the prey sticking out of its gob ...how long does it take for a big deer to rot and the antlers drop off??

Eww, nasty!

I may be wrong, mind, but I reckon these fabulous beasts only exist in the minds of journalists ...

Go to Top of Page

sandi
Sub Adult

787 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2011 :  21:21:15  Show Profile  Visit sandi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
and they wonder why people are afraid of snakes! Its scare mongering at its silliest!

0.1.0 Royal Python - Florence
1.0.0 Boa Constrictor - Boris
1.1.0 Alaunts - Willow & Brochan
Go to Top of Page

BlueDragon
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
876 Posts

Posted - 16/08/2011 :  11:27:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Makes you wonder just how silly things can get before people twig that it's all bullocks.

I did watch about five minuets of that program, purely through curiosity, but it was very daft and total nonsence. All about close-up shots so the Snakes look larger 'n' all that.

On an impresive note though, I do have a photo in one of my wildlife books of a giant Snake eating a Camen! Nom ; )

Just me and my zoo.
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 16/08/2011 :  11:44:33  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
It annoys me somebody go paid to make that program

Go to Top of Page

BlueDragon
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
876 Posts

Posted - 17/08/2011 :  11:09:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And the price would have been something silly too...

Just me and my zoo.
Go to Top of Page

boomslang
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2025 Posts

Posted - 17/08/2011 :  23:45:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
its not all bad,There was a good show on wild,the other day about anacondas.But i can't remember the name hehe.

1.0.0 pinstripe Royal Python
1.0.0 Bumblebee Royal Python
1.0.0 Normal corn
1.0.0 Extreme red Hognose
0.1.0 Extreme red tiger Hognose
1.1.0 yemen chameleons
1.0.0 Piebald yemen
1.0.0 Tamatave panther
1.0.0 Quadricornis
Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2011 :  13:17:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love some of the myths that go about, to someone who loves and geeks up on snakes like me though you find yourself questioning everything. I was watching deadly 60 about a week ago a snake special I think and according to them, Boa Constrictors kill their prey by strangulation because that is what constrictor means. I shouted at the TV, Sanke tutted in her rub shaking her head.

Another one that gets me is the confusion between poisonous and venomous. I was discussing my tarantula and was asked is it poisonous, I told them I wouldnt fancy eating her because she has urticating hairs and that would be a nightmare in your throat. Got some odd looks and proceeded to explain the obvious lol.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000