New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

speedy231278
Hatchling

United Kingdom
78 Posts

Posted - 16/08/2011 :  14:21:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Like many people here and on the sister sites, I went to Kempton on Sunday, determined not to give in to my desire for a near hatchie male royal. Of course, all the really pretty morphs were frighteningly costly, however I couldn't help noticing one stand that had some young normals for £35 a go that weren't quite as normal looking as average. Somewhat fortunately the other half thinks he's very cute as well. On asking to handle him before I made my purchase, I pointed to the container he was in, and the seller said "Ah, we call him Tubs, he's a really good feeder". I couldn't change his name now, could I? ;-) (although my missus has deemed that he's officially Mr Tubs... lol)

Now, his record card shows that they are slightly unsure if he's completely normal, as the morph is actually listed as 'normal?'. I can't help thinking that there's something slightly less than normal in the pattern at least, I've not seen a royal with so many dots, but there again maybe he's just like someone with lots of freckles for the summer?

He was exactly three months old on Sunday, DOB being 14th May. I weighed him and he was 87 grams. I suspect he's a little less now, as while I was getting his new home ready, he decided to wee all over my missus, and when she'd sorted that out he left a little present on the carpet for good measure. And later on, a bit more on me after my missus had been inspecting the markings on his belly and was worried he had some sort of lump. I knew what the lump was going to be before it landed.... lol

2.1.0 royals
1.2.0 corns
0.0.3 motorcycles
0.1.0 she who must be obeyed... ;-)

Evolution Morphs
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2265 Posts

Posted - 16/08/2011 :  14:25:45  Show Profile  Visit Evolution Morphs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Lovely looking normal with Mohave like key holes

I think you will find that it's a normal there some lovely pattens out there on normals now adayz
You wouldnt have brought it for £35 if the breeder might have thought the was a poss het in there

What it cb or cf

now on facebook

Royal Pythons
http://www.facebook.com/EvolutionMorphs

Western Hognose

Edited by - Evolution Morphs on 16/08/2011 14:31:22
Go to Top of Page

speedy231278
Hatchling

United Kingdom
78 Posts

Posted - 16/08/2011 :  14:52:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not sure to be honest. I'll look on the card when I get home, but I don't think it said. Given that the breeder was a small operation from Essex and one of them was talking to me about how they kept all their reptiles back where they were based, I'm going to make the assumption he's cb. Ironically, while trying to find their details, I came across a post from after last year's show on RFK, where someone's female had turned out to be a male. I hope that's not a forboding sign.... lol

2.1.0 royals
1.2.0 corns
0.0.3 motorcycles
0.1.0 she who must be obeyed... ;-)
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 16/08/2011 :  15:05:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He looks like a normal to me, with slightly unusual markings, though I have 2 cfs with unconventional markings - but, with all the breeding for morphs going on, all the unproven hets that get sold off as pets etc etc ...You never know ...

It's a bit like my 'moggie' cats - at least 2 have signs of Siamese blood. You just don't know what genes pet animals carry these days. Long as they're healthy that's the main thing, and Mr Tubs looks to be a strapping bonny lad.

Congrats and welcome home Mr Tubs!

Go to Top of Page

speedy231278
Hatchling

United Kingdom
78 Posts

Posted - 17/08/2011 :  10:39:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He's very good at weeing, he got the carpet again last night!! lol

Card doesn't specify cf or cb.

2.1.0 royals
1.2.0 corns
0.0.3 motorcycles