Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

martinking6
Yearling

United Kingdom
118 Posts

Posted - 20/08/2011 :  05:18:44  Show Profile  Click to see martinking6's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Well it looks like am going to take the plunge, ive found some lovely specimens from a breeder who uses these snakes for shows and films, etc

They keep the young for minimum 6 months and handle them daily to be sure they are as steady and friendly as they get, so a great starting point

My dilemma is I was intent on getting a male purely for the size difference but there is a female that ive taken a shine to as well.

Altogether theres a choice of 3 favourites consisting of 2 males and 1 female but tbh am hoping that the snake will choose us when we go to pick one up but in the mean time ive got some pics of them to show you all, maybe you can help me choose

Female
------

Male 1
------

Male 2
------

Any help/comments greatly appreciated

Martin

Got a lovely royal python called earl, a brazilian rainbow boa called zeus, a red tail cross boa constrictor called dorris and an albino burmese python called angel as well :-)

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 20/08/2011 :  11:39:30  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
You lucky lucky lucky man, they're all magnificent

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/
Go to Top of Page

Lorraine
Yearling

United Kingdom
480 Posts

Posted - 20/08/2011 :  12:00:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, aren't they fabulous. Fantastic looking creatures. I'm not one for female pets of any sort, always had males, but in this case...I'd go for the female. There seems to be an 'elegance' about her, if that makes sense, lol. She's just beautiful.

1.0.0 CB11 Normal Royal, Oscar.
1.0.0 German Shepherd, Bailey.

Still lots to learn.
Go to Top of Page

mystra
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
590 Posts

Posted - 20/08/2011 :  12:19:28  Show Profile  Visit mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i can't choose, they're all gorgeous! you jammy thing :D i love the bright yellow colours, and they're so amazing at their full size

0.0.1 Carolina Corn Snake- Sanchez
0.0.1 Anery Corn Snake- Betty
1.0.0 Normal Royal Python - Chancho

SE London - Canada Water
Go to Top of Page

Hatchling

90 Posts

Posted - 20/08/2011 :  12:53:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The female certainly has a graceful air, beautiful colouring to. I love these but will never be in a position to take one on! Maybe a super dwarf retic one day!

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 20/08/2011 :  13:24:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, I like the female - but you have to consider what snake's right for you, of course - and they DO choose you, don't know how, but they do.

I confess I prefer the wild-type dark Burmese pattern, as I don't really care for pale coloured or yellow snakes (despite being 'chosen' by a butter corn and a snow corn, who of course are utterly beautiful lol!)

But all these little (or not so little) guys are so fabulous and clearly have great pythonality lol...it's a nice problem to have, making up your mind - do envy you!

Go to Top of Page

STICKS
Yearling

United Kingdom
408 Posts

Posted - 20/08/2011 :  22:00:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there number 1 male very bright and good luck.
Go to Top of Page

martinking6
Yearling

United Kingdom
118 Posts

Posted - 20/08/2011 :  22:21:55  Show Profile  Click to see martinking6's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Keep the comments/opinions coming please

B.A.T.S. I love your sense of humour

I have just had an extension done that has nearly doubled the size of my house so got loads of room hence being able to house a burmese now but watch this space as more snakes to come as and when I find what I want or at least till the wife batters me for having too many

Martin

Got a lovely royal python called earl, a brazilian rainbow boa called zeus, a red tail cross boa constrictor called dorris and an albino burmese python called angel as well :-)
Go to Top of Page

STICKS
Yearling

United Kingdom
408 Posts

Posted - 21/08/2011 :  06:52:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there Martin6 are you getting a bargain just asking there seems to a wide range on prices,Depend on were you are based some areas there going for £100 if i go down the road in essex £160++. Thats for an albino like your one.
Go to Top of Page

martinking6
Yearling

United Kingdom
118 Posts

Posted - 21/08/2011 :  08:43:37  Show Profile  Click to see martinking6's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by STICKS

Hi there Martin6 are you getting a bargain just asking there seems to a wide range on prices,Depend on were you are based some areas there going for £100 if i go down the road in essex £160++. Thats for an albino like your one.

Hiya sticks

Am paying £175 for whichever one chooses us as these snakes have been handled daily by trained professional handlers who use snakes for films, shows, etc so adopting a very tame and steady baby so in my eyes yes am getting a bargain , want this one to grow up with my youngest lad callum who has taken a real interest in snakes recently hence waiting and searching for the perfect snake

Martin

Go to Top of Page

Tawfik47
Fully Grown Royal

Czech Republic
1584 Posts

Posted - 21/08/2011 :  10:04:25  Show Profile  Click to see Tawfik47's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
They all look gorgeous !!!!! WOOW

1.0.0 Common Boa - Revo CB13

I had a royal python (Blitz) for two years for those who are wondering what I'm doing here with my boa :D
Go to Top of Page

mystra
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
590 Posts

Posted - 21/08/2011 :  11:18:29  Show Profile  Visit mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by martinking6

quote:
Originally posted by STICKS

Hiya sticks

Am paying £175 for whichever one chooses us as these snakes have been handled daily by trained professional handlers who use snakes for films, shows, etc so adopting a very tame and steady baby so in my eyes yes am getting a bargain , want this one to grow up with my youngest lad callum who has taken a real interest in snakes recently hence waiting and searching for the perfect snake

Martin

defo agree with you there Martin, sounds an amazing place to get one from as well!

0.0.1 Carolina Corn Snake- Sanchez
0.0.1 Anery Corn Snake- Betty
1.0.0 Normal Royal Python - Chancho

SE London - Canada Water
Go to Top of Page

BlueDragon
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
876 Posts

Posted - 23/08/2011 :  10:27:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I go for the female, she has the most gorgious face : 3

Just me and my zoo.
Go to Top of Page

scooterboy71
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
25 Posts

Posted - 23/08/2011 :  22:59:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the female is beautiful...

1.1.0 common boa
0.1.0 retic white albino python
1.0.0 spider royal
0.1.0 pastel royal
Go to Top of Page

Figs
Yearling

United Kingdom
192 Posts

Posted - 25/08/2011 :  17:16:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great looking things! Not sure i'm brave enough to keep a burm lol
I like the pale male best (#3)

Go to Top of Page

sandi
Sub Adult

787 Posts

Posted - 25/08/2011 :  22:25:35  Show Profile  Visit sandi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Fabulous oportunity, good luck to you! I like the first male. Also i think as you have children then a male will be easier for them to handle as they will be less of a lump!

Your son is a lucky lad!

0.1.0 Royal Python - Florence
1.0.0 Boa Constrictor - Boris
1.1.0 Alaunts - Willow & Brochan
Go to Top of Page

jhk2005
Yearling

United Kingdom
166 Posts

Posted - 26/08/2011 :  21:03:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi matey, i've got one of each, but 2 give u a good idea of how they'll look as adults, the more intense their colours as babies the more yellow they'll become when they're older. I just love 'em, I would have more but me other half might bury me under the patio if I get any more bigguns! If you're only getting the one i'd defo go for a male but only for the smaller size compared to a female ;)

1.6.0 Normal Royals - Will, Grace, Lolly, Patty, Maddie, Mystique, Victoria
1.1.0 Pastel Royals - Becks, Sophie
0.1.0 Spider Royal - Charlotte
0.1.0 Mojave Royal - Mo
1.1.0 Yellowbelly Royals - Pinky, Perky
1.0.0 Pinstripe Royal - Pip
1.0.0 Bumblebee Royal - Buzz
1.0.0 Vanilla Royal - Vinnie
1.0.0 Lesser Royal - Leo
1.0.0 Cinnamon Royal - Sam
1.0.0 Burmese Python - Kane
0.1.0 Albino Burmese Python - Amber
1.0.0 Redfoot Tortoise - Chucky
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Yearling

United Kingdom
140 Posts

Posted - 28/08/2011 :  09:11:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like male number 1

3.2 cornsnakes 0.1 mexican black kingsnake 1.0 albino californian kingsnake 1.0 pueblan milksnake
1.0 western hognose 1.0 vip t+ albino blood python 1.0 royal python 0.1 hog island boa
Go to Top of Page

martinking6
Yearling

United Kingdom
118 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2011 :  16:11:50  Show Profile  Click to see martinking6's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks for all the info and input

Martin

Go to Top of Page

Hatchling

90 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2011 :  09:09:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How big is the size difference between a male and a female?

Go to Top of Page

martinking6
Yearling

United Kingdom
118 Posts

Posted - 25/09/2011 :  02:10:29  Show Profile  Click to see martinking6's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hiya

I know that stats on the net, etc will say bigger than I am saying but from what ive seen whilst enquiring and learning about these in captivity is females anything up to 16ft and males around 12ft

Found this as a good example of a large very tame and steady female

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFatW4tsf4E&feature=related

And this as a really good comparison between the 2 sexes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAX0oNRIw_w

Hopefully if I can get wednesday off work I am going to pick up my burm fingers crossed

Martin

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000