New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

STICKS
Yearling

United Kingdom
408 Posts

Posted - 20/08/2011 :  22:09:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all now i have 2 royals paceing up and down and not eating NOW what would happen if i put them together and there the same sex ????.should i put them in a rub and see what happens or just wait it out....

Evolution Morphs
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2265 Posts

Posted - 20/08/2011 :  22:14:30  Show Profile  Visit Evolution Morphs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you placed them in the same rub and there the same sex I'd class them as gay lol

Ain't there no where around you that can probe them for you ?
There's no harm in putting them together and monitoring them for a While And seeing if you get a lock

Edit; just out of interested why do you want to put them together now ? I thought breeding starts in nov after
The cooling that's if you cool

now on facebook

Royal Pythons
http://www.facebook.com/EvolutionMorphs

Western Hognose

Edited by - Evolution Morphs on 20/08/2011 22:16:01
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 20/08/2011 :  22:23:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bk57K4OGrAg

LOL!

Go to Top of Page

Oh How Original
Yearling

United Kingdom
378 Posts

Posted - 21/08/2011 :  00:20:21  Show Profile  Click to see Oh How Original's MSN Messenger address  Send Oh How Original a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
How big are they and old are they first?
Please don't take this the wrong way, but if you don't know the sexes, I'm guessing you probably won't know much about breeding.
If the female is too small, you could end up with very huge vet bills, or in the worst case, a dead snake.

When on the Forums, always be nice, stick to the rules and help when you can.
Go to Top of Page

STICKS
Yearling

United Kingdom
408 Posts

Posted - 21/08/2011 :  06:37:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
THANKS ALL
AGE ABBEY 2008 7 months last year farsting 670grams at the last time on the scales she was poped when a baby female very small for her age.
AGE ALFIE 2009 i just called him/her that after the sales guy 1200grams Like you said OHO I don't want abbey ending egg bound ect
after all the snakes welfare is more important think i will get to my vets and have then probed will let you know how i get on Thanks again all.
Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 21/08/2011 :  12:44:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The female would need to be DOUBLE the weight she is now before even considering to breed. Just for that reason alone they should never be put together.

You not only have to consider her health but also the upkeep and health of the babies that could potentially come along. Until you have the basic kit for breeding putting them together is a massive NO, incubators, vermiculite, tubs and heating for the babies, a pile of food, its a massive expense and you will almost certainly end up out of pocket uness your breeding on a massive scale or for high end morphs.

If its a sexing excercise a few quid to get them probed is a far quicker and cheaper process.

Edited by - Lotabob on 21/08/2011 12:48:40
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 21/08/2011 :  12:51:03  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure if this works on royals and/or adults but i learnt a rough estimate way of checking my baby boa sexes was to 'click' them which basically involved running my finger down from their vent to their tail with a little pressure, on the males you feel a click which feels a lot like when you crack your knuckles, i'm guessing that click is when your finger falls off the hemipene or whatever the males keep in there lol.

I'm not sure how reliable it is but it made sense to me and i checked multiple times on the same snakes and it never changed from clicking to not clicking or vise versa

Might wanna do some research on if it's safe with adults and or royals first though.

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 21/08/2011 :  14:23:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kelfezond

I'm not sure if this works on royals and/or adults but i learnt a rough estimate way of checking my baby boa sexes was to 'click' them which basically involved running my finger down from their vent to their tail with a little pressure, on the males you feel a click which feels a lot like when you crack your knuckles, i'm guessing that click is when your finger falls off the hemipene or whatever the males keep in there lol.

I'm not sure how reliable it is but it made sense to me and i checked multiple times on the same snakes and it never changed from clicking to not clicking or vise versa

Might wanna do some research on if it's safe with adults and or royals first though.

Ooo that sounds rude!

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 21/08/2011 :  14:49:06  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yeah it felt rude too lol

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000